• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime Anime Dub News

Children of the Sea is now available on home media and digital (including Netflix too), the full cast includes:

• Ruka Azumi - Anjali Gauld
  • Umi - Lynden Prosser
  • Sora - Benjamin Niewood
  • Angalde - Beau Bridgland
  • Masaaki Azumi - Marc Thompson
  • Kanao Azumi - Karen Strassman
  • Dehdeh - Denise Lee
  • Jim Cusack - Michael Sorich (the YouTube video credits Wally Wingert so it might have been an error, I don't know)
  • Jean - Josh Petersdorf
  • Fuyuko - Christine Marie Cabanos
  • Aki - Zoe Martin (Meredith Zeitlin)
  • Natsumi - Courtney Shaw
  • Military Officer - Doug Erholtz
  • Investor - Kirk Thornton
  • Doctor - Wally Wingert
  • Students - Christine Marie Cabanos, Carrie Keranen, Zoe Martin (Meredith Zeitlin), Courtney Shaw, Rachel Slotky, Karen Strassman

and the Additional Voices:
  • Christine Marie Cabanos
  • Chelsey Cohen
  • Doug Erholtz
  • Carrie Keranen
  • Zoe Martin (Meredith Zeitlin)
  • Josh Petersdorf
  • Courtney Shaw
  • Rachel Slotky
  • Michael Sorich
  • Marc Thompson
  • Kirk Thornton
  • Wally Wingert

Carrie Keranen and Kevin T. Collins are the main voice directors with Sinterniklaas, Sheh and Cohen acting as additional directors, Carrie also did the script adaptation. Caitlin Glass also gets a special thanks mention interestingly.
Children of the Sea Dub Credits

Memories has had it’s dubbing studio revealed today during Discotek Media’s stream. As a clever nod to how the film was done at two different animation studios (Madhouse and Studio 4•c) the dub is recorded at two different studios.

NYAV Post is doing 1 segment and Sound Cadence Studios (based in Texas) is doing the other two.

View: https://twitter.com/discotekmedia/status/1305697778861924353?s=21

The Gundam Seed redub (produced by NYAV Post) finally comes out today with the Ultimate Edition, here's the full voice cast for it:

View: https://twitter.com/Crux_Mar25/status/1324566843152080897?s=20

The UK release isn't coming out until next year and the series is also available on FUNimation's site (alongside the original Gundam, Unicorn and Seed Destiny though for that it's sub only). The regular release featuring only the new dub will be out next year.

Akudama Drive (from Studio Pierrot) has had it's cast announced and boy, am I excited for this one in the same way I was for Sound Cadence's Arte.

View: https://twitter.com/FUNimation/status/1334286257430597636?s=20

Really great to see Brittany Lauda's own studio (Kocha Sound which is where the dub is produced at) get a chance to work for FUNi and the cast already has me giddy to check this one out.

Why the hell is Netflix referring to the Sailor Moon movie under a different name? And why aren't they using Studiopolis? They're not gonna recast everyone, are they?
I have heard according to some accounts that it's an alias name so there is a chance it could still be called Sailor Moon (as it should be). With them going to VSI, it's most likely because they have plenty of different studios in different countries (Dubbing - Netflix (netflixstudios.com)) meaning they're essentially a one stop dubbing studio if Netflix wants a dub done.

As for the VA's I have seen Amanda Celine Miller liking a couple of tweets for those worried about a recast happening so maybe that means we could still see them back. Most of the main VA's have been in some of VSI's dubs anyway (asides from Kate Higgins but they could get her back easily).

We'll just have to see how this goes.

View: https://twitter.com/SoundCadence/status/1338669733412032513?s=20

Memories has had the English dub cast announced for Sound Cadence's two segments they're working on.

NYAV Post is still working on the third (Magnetic Rose) hence why there's no announcement for that.

Still, it's looking pretty good already because not only do we have Texas (Stephen Fu), LA (Kira Buckland and Michael Sorich) and NY (Mike Pollock) VAs but also Ellen Hennessey from Toronto which is quite the pleasant surprise so I'm glad to see Sound Cadence going the extra mile of bicoastal casting.

I know Goff has mentioned at some point that he's grown tired of only voicing villains all the time and has wanted to play a heroic or leading role at some point. Glad to know this movie decided to give him that chance!

Back
Top Bottom