• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime Anime Dub News

Looks as if the next Evangelion movie is coming to...

Amazon Prime?

Also I might as well say this but DO NOT expect the FUNi cast to be returning. I think it's most likely the VSI cast who will be doing this one.

Shaman King's dub trailer is up but for no reason at all, Netflix has made it US only which is rather dumb. Regardless, it looks like we're actually getting some of the NY/4Kids voice actors back including Oliver Wyman, Sean Schemmel, Michael Sinterniklaas and Lisa Ortiz. That's really cool and I appreciate whichever dubbing studio is producing the dub for that. Not surprised to see that Sebastian Arcelus and Andrew Rannells didn't return but whoever is voicing Yoh sounds pretty decent.

FUNimation announced a while back that they'd be releasing some Prince of Tennis stuff in the future and tomorrow our first slice of the pie arrives with the two part OVA based on The Prince of Tennis II: Hyotei vs. Rikkai Game of Future. What a cast this has too with both Christopher Wehkamp and Robbie Daymond as the leads plus Keith Silverstein, Billy Kametz, Ian Sinclair, Bill Butts, Brandon McInnis and even Wayne Grayson too. Dubebd by Sound Cadence for FUNi and voice directed by Howard Wang.
https://twitter.com/Funimation/status/1415355468055289859?s=20

I'm a huge Prince of Tennis fan so seeing this is pretty exciting! And I have that OVA on my planning list so I'm definitely gonna watch it when I'm able. Though I'm so used to the original Japanese it'll be weird watching the series in English again, albeit with a different cast lol. The extra link on the tweet also implies that other OVA's and specials in the series will possibly be dubbed as well, that's neat they're good fun and I definitely recommend them to any PoT fan.

Scarlet Nexus's English dub is coming tomorrow and produced in-house by FUNi and they've managed to get most of the main cast back asides from Joe, Shiden and Wateru's VA's.

The confusing history of Evangelion's dub continues. 1.11, 2.22, and 3.33 have indeed been redubbed for their Amazon Prime releases by Dubbing Brothers and voice directed by Joe Fria.

And on top of that it seems a couple of the ADV VA's have been brought back on board including Spike Spencer, Allison Keith, John Swasey and Amanda Winn Lee (gaining back the role of Rei who was played by Brina Palencia in the FUNi dubs), also Kaworu now has his sixth VA (Daman Mills).

Jason C. Lee, Kimberly Yates, Brett Weaver and Amy Seeley are also credited so it's possible that they may also be reprising their roles from the ADV dub too but who knows until it's officially announced.

The new Shaman King reboot is now up on Netflix with the first 13 episodes, produced by VSI Los Angeles, voice directed by Hermes Baroli and with script adaptation done by both Erica Mendez and Michele Knotz.

Abby Trott is your new Yoh, Kaiji Tang for Amidamaru, D.C. Douglas for Ryunosuke and Laura Stahl for Tao Ren.

And surprise, surprise: a lot of the NY voice actors are back including Oliver Wyman, Tara Sands, Wayne Grayson, Dan Green, Lisa Ortiz and even both Greg Abbey and Jonathan Todd Ross.

The main cast for Crunchyroll's Battle Game in 5 Seconds has been announced with Robbie Daymond, Laura Stahl and Lisa Ortiz voicing the main leads. Michael Schneider voice directs but it's unknown as to which studio is doing this.

Akudama Drive is coming to Blu-Ray soon and the home media release will include the director's cut of Episode 12 with a few more minutes not seen in it's broadcast. A.J. Beckles, Kevin K. Gomez, Billy Bob Thompson and David Matranga also join as some extra voices during it.

And the cast for Star Wars: Visions has been announced. Judging from a few of the cast members here, it looks as if NYAV Post may be producing the dub for this. Would also be their first time working with Disney too.

Cool seeing Marc Thompson get a role in something animated for Star Wars too considering he's a big fan of the franchise and a great audiobook narrator.

Eden's Zero is now up on Netflix.

Fairy Tail fans will be happy to know that Tia Ballard reprises her role as Happy and I also see Colleen Clinkenbeard, Robert McCollum and Monica Rial in the cast as well.

Also nice to see Brook Chalmers get a shot at voice direction for anime.

Future Boy Conan comes out on November 16 complete with a new dub which the cast will be announced soon and a new 4K remaster.

So...apparently Canadian streaming service Tubi TV decided to hire some company to dub a bunch of Anpanman films and is streaming them, with plans to dub more later. Normally I'd be pretty cool about this...but the English cast mainly consists of Spanish speakers, many of which did Spanish dubs for other anime. Even the dubbing company is mainly a Spanish group...and some of the actors were involved in the bad first AICO Incarnation English dub. Make of that what you will.

Couple of things to round up today.

First up, Season 3 of Kuroko's Basketball is finally available with the dub now. Some of the newcomers to the show includes Ray Chase, Bryce Papenbrook, Kyle McCarley, Henry Mason, Matt Shipman, Imari Williams, Patrick Seitz and Jamieson Price.

The dub for The World Ends With You anime premiered a few days ago. This does not feature any of the cast from the game aside from Kariya who is still voiced by Andrew Kishino. The dub is directed by Kyle Phillips.

And the cast for the Future Boy Conan dub has been revealed and it's surprisingly a Vancouver dub meaning that GKids probably had nothing to do with the dub production wise.

Back
Top Bottom