• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime Anime Dub News

Quick update on The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel - Northern War: Sean Chiplock and Xanthe Huynh confirmed they were unable to return as Rean Schwarzer and Altina Orion.

Seems like it must be scheduling conflicts or being busy with other stuff so this isn't going to be a Mob Psycho situation.

Michelle Marie has also confirmed that she wasn't able to return either.

Looks like Netflix is gearing up for their dub of S2 of Vinland Saga since they've added dub credits to the end of a few episodes.

Voice directors have changed to Kathy Pilon and Haley Veres.

Jason Griffith, Ben Lepley, Dorothy Elias-Fahn, Joe Hernandez, Tiana Camacho, Gilli Messer, William Salyers and Deneen Melody join the series. Alejandro Saab is Einar and Jason voices Snake.

Last edited:

Premiering on Saturday is the dub for the anime version of NieR: Automata. Pretty much everyone from the game is back to reprise their roles and Erica Mendez joins as new character Lily.

The first two episodes of Heavenly Delusion is up on Disney+. The dub is done by Dubbing Brothers, voice directed by Felecia Angelle and features Anjali Kunapaneni and Jonathan Leon as our main leads Kiruko and Maru.

Also in the cast are Brittany Lauda, A.J. Beckles, Tia Ballard, Madeleine Morris, John Choi, Lisa Ortiz, Xanthe Huynh, Kayli Mills and Jennifer Losi to name a few.

Beginning on Saturday is the dub for MAPPA's Hell's Paradise on Crunchyroll.

Mike McFarland is voice directing the dub and it has an all-star cast including Alejandro Saab and Marisa Duran in a mini Horimiya reunion.

Cast

Crew

• ADR Director: Mike McFarland
  • ADR Engineer: Victor Acosta
  • ADR Script Writer: Katelyn Barr

Episodes 3 and 4 of Heavenly Delusion are up on Disney+.

Cristina Valenzuela, Patrick Seitz, Matt Shipman, Mick Wingert, Zeke Alton and John Omohundro join the cast.

Coming out this month via Discotek Media is Sound Cadence's dub for Hideaki Anno's directorial debut Gunbuster with quite the voice cast indeed.

Cast

• Noriko Takaya - Kiane Chula King
  • Kazumi Amano - Melissa Sternenberg
  • Koichiro Ohta - Bradley Gareth
  • Jung Freud - Alexandra Yastishock
  • Tatsumi Tashiro - Bill Jenkins
  • Kimiko Higuchi - Lisa Ortiz
  • Reiko Kashiwara - Krystal LaPorte
  • Smith Toren - Ernesto Jason Liebrecht
  • Yuzo Takaya - Brett Weaver
  • Takami Akai - Cristina Vee
  • Linda Yamamoto - Nola Klop
  • Masanori Kikuchi/Deputy Chief of Staff - Kai Kennedy
  • Chief of Naval R&D - Kamran Nikhad
  • Chief of Staff - Steven Kelly
  • Head of Operations - Marissa Lenti
  • Head of Shipbuilding - Xander Mobus
  • Observation Department Head - Gianni Matragrano
  • Vice-Minister - Justin Briner
  • Carneades Commander - Valentine Stokes
  • Carneades Chief - Edwyn Tiong
  • Principal - Jim Foronda
  • Additional Voices - Mark Allen Jr., Yenni Ann, Ben Balmaceda, Richard C. Barcenas, Justin Briner, Marco Cammarota, Paul Cline, Hayden Daviau, Emily Ernst, Sandra Espinoza, Allanah Fitzgerald, Emily Frongillo, Stephen Fu, Morgan Garrett, Wayne Grayson, Alexander Gross, Brittney Karbowski, Kai Kennedy, Steven Kelly, Marissa Lenti, Elsie Lovelock, Alex Mai, Gianni Matragrano, Daman Mills, Xander Mobus, Anastasia Muñoz, Kamran Nikhad, Laura Post, Bill Rogers, Kathryn Taylor Rose, Phillip Sacramento, Jad Saxton, Lindsay Sheppard, Spike Spencer, Valentine Stokes, Nazeeh Tarsha, Kevin Thelwell, Edwyn Tiong, Alexis Tipton, Angela Tran, Joshua Waters, Anne Yatco, Suzie Yeung and Molly Zhang

Staff -
  • ADR Director/Production Coordinator - Marissa Lenti
  • Assistant ADR Director/Producer - Amber Lee Connors
  • Lead ADR Engineer/Writer - Natalie Van Sistine
  • ADR Engineers - Patrick Morphy, Lindsay Roberts and Sawyer Pfledderer
  • Mixing and Mastering Engineer - Lindsay Roberts
  • Assistant Mixing and Mastering Engineers - Patrick Morphy and Jacob Craner
  • Script Supervisor - J. Michael Tatum
  • ADR Prep - Ry McKeand
  • Music Director/Lyric Adaptation - Dawn M. Bennett
  • Music Mixing and Mastering Engineer - Altr Audio (Alterclad)
  • Talent Coordinator - Sarah Poulsen

This one nearly escaped me today but Iyuno's latest dub Yakitori: Soldiers of Misfortune is now on Netflix.

Voice directed by both Tia Ballard and Stephen Fu it features some familiar faces including Stephen himself, Zeno Robinson, Cherami Leigh, Bill Rogers, Todd Haberkorn and J. Michael Tatum to name a few.

Looks like Netflix is gearing up for their dub of S2 of Vinland Saga since they've added dub credits to the end of a few episodes.

Voice directors have changed to Kathy Pilon and Haley Veres.

Jason Griffith, Ben Lepley, Dorothy Elias-Fahn, Joe Hernandez, Tiana Camacho, Gilli Messer, William Salyers and Deneen Melody join the series. Alejandro Saab is Einar and Jason voices Snake.
Trivia, Kathy Pilon’s other name is Kathy Borland. She was the head script writer of the original 4Kids dub of Pokémon from mid Johto to the end of their AG dub, in charge of JCC and two other writers named Mark Ryan and Stewart Ferris back then. @R.O.B. How she kept JCC in check, amazes me, from his worst impulses.

(I think she was the English dub’s last genuinely good writer, personally)

Her vocal direction wasn’t as good as her writing, sadly, imo. She did good with Detective Pikachu, but whatever she contributed to Masters was by and large a disaster (hurts to say it, but true).

Last edited:
Big bundle of anime news for ya today.

First up the dub for the new Village Arc series of Demon Slayer arrives to Crunchyroll on May 28 with newcomers including Jonah Scott as Kokushibu, Brent Mukai as Gyokko, Christopher Corey Smith as Hantengu and Stephen Fu as Doma.

Another new batch of One Piece dubbed eps are out on the Microsoft Store. I haven't mentioned One Piece much but I'm doing so now as the dub is getting closer and closer to reaching the 1000th episode milestone which is wild honestly.

On the Heavenly Delusion side there's been a boatload of actors joining the series such as NY VA Tom Aglio, Daman Mills, Brent Mukai, David Matranga, Marcy Edwards, Brook Chalmers, Tiana Camacho, Jordan Reynolds, Cory Yee, Deneen Melody and Daniel Van Thomas to name a few.

Also announced a while back is the main cast for Mashle: Magic & Muscles which is recorded at Bang-Zoom with Alex Von David as the voice director.

And last but not least, the dub trailer for Ooku: The Inner Chambers which will be released to Netflix on June 29th.

Trivia, Kathy Pilon’s other name is Kathy Borland. She was the head script writer of the original 4Kids dub of Pokémon from mid Johto to the end of their AG dub, in charge of JCC and two other writers named Mark Ryan and Stewart Ferris back then. @R.O.B. How she kept JCC in check, amazes me, from his worst impulses.

(I think she was the English dub’s last genuinely good writer, personally)

Her vocal direction wasn’t as good as her writing, sadly, imo. She did good with Detective Pikachu, but whatever she contributed to Masters was by and large a disaster (hurts to say it, but true).
Interesting finds! I didn't know Kathy Borland was still around. They should have had her around James Carter Cathcart at all times, even after the switch, do you think she rejected all of the lines he offered during the Hoenn dub?

Spotty vocal direction and post-Advanced Battle Pokemon are basically synonymous at this point.

Interesting finds! I didn't know Kathy Borland was still around. They should have had her around James Carter Cathcart at all times, even after the switch, do you think she rejected all of the lines he offered during the Hoenn dub?

Spotty vocal direction and post-Advanced Battle Pokemon are basically synonymous at this point.
Maddie Blaustein seemed to imply that heavily on the Serebii Forums that Borland had to reject a lot of the lines JCC had come up with on his own in late Johto-AG. I think that's how we were spared "kay," "so psyched," "old stomping grounds," "Dig it," "Lugs," "Primo pokemon," "Primo perps," "Raise the roof," etc. until 4Kids lost the rights and TPCi took over in earnest in Season 9-25.

No matter how much JCC fell out of favor with me in his TPCi Era VO work vs. his 4Kids Era VO work (I agree with many his Pryce was actually very good and superior to Kyle Hebert's, as was/is his Gary iconic despite faltering later, in the main Series), he was always a better voice actor than script writer (I think the opposite is ironically true for Kathy Borland/Pilon here, she made for a good script writer vs a voice director- heartbreaking Masters was her, I'm saddened there).

Maddie Blaustein seemed to imply that heavily on the Serebii Forums that Borland had to reject a lot of the lines JCC had come up with on his own in late Johto-AG. I think that's how we were spared "kay," "so psyched," "old stomping grounds," "Dig it," "Lugs," "Primo pokemon," "Primo perps," "Raise the roof," etc. until 4Kids lost the rights and TPCi took over in earnest in Season 9-25.

No matter how much JCC fell out of favor with me in his TPCi Era VO work vs. his 4Kids Era VO work (I agree with many his Pryce was actually very good and superior to Kyle Hebert's, as was/is his Gary iconic despite faltering later, in the main Series), he was always a better voice actor than script writer (I think the opposite is ironically true for Kathy Borland/Pilon here, she made for a good script writer vs a voice director- heartbreaking Masters was her, I'm saddened there).
That would explain why he sometimes said "so psyched" in later 4Kids seasons! Glad those other lines weren't in that dub.

I'll criticize him for all his replacement roles but his work on 4Kids was mostly good like you said. Kathy Borland/Pilon... I hate to say but she should have stuck with writing, but then bad direction in Pokemon isn't unique to her so...

That would explain why he sometimes said "so psyched" in later 4Kids seasons! Glad those other lines weren't in that dub.

I'll criticize him for all his replacement roles but his work on 4Kids was mostly good like you said. Kathy Borland/Pilon... I hate to say but she should have stuck with writing, but then bad direction in Pokemon isn't unique to her so...
Yup, Cathcart made “so psyched” his catchphrase in the TPCi dub: he said it like 3 times total in the later 4Kids dub, it’s unreal they made that his verbal tic in the modern dub. Also, in BF and DP, Ash says “and o’course” a lot too in the dub.

Even ignoring the other bad qualities the current dub just suffers from repetition more than 4K ever did.

First big wave of cast announcements for Right Stuff's dub of the Dirty Pair TV series (produced by Headline Sound Studios) has arrived.

Jessica Calvello, Pamela Lauer (who came out of retirement for this) and Jason Douglas will also be reprising their roles. They voiced their characters for ADV's dubs of the movies and OVA's.

More of Sound Cadence's dub of the Prince of Tennis is up on Crunchyroll with this batch covering episodes 81 to 128.

Episode 84's dub is missing but that's likely a mistake on someone's part and should be made available soon enough.

Hoist the sails! Dr. Stone Season 3 premiered on Toonami.

Cris George takes over as voice director but Clifford Chapin joins the crew as Ryusei. Howard Wang as Sho and Tia Ballard are also in this episode.

Back
Top Bottom