• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime: Favorite version of the TR motto

Favorite TR Motto

• Original

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Hoenn

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Sinnoh

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Unova

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • One of their improvised motto songs during an episode

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • A motto when another group of people does it

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Butch and Cassidy's version

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • One not listed

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Can't decide, I love them all!

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters

Paulisthebest

"Ursaring, standby for battle!"
Reaction score
My favorite has and will always be the improvised version that Jessie, James and Meowth did in "The Song of Jigglypuff" I think that was one of their firs variations of their original motto.

new motto.jpg

Some of the "Honorable Mentions" include:

motto copycat.jpg

Ash, Misty, Pikachu, Brock and Dulpica's rendition of the motto imitating the TRio and it was hilarious seeing them get pissed off at it

images (6).jpg

Butch and Cassidy's debut in "The Breeding Center Secret" it was the first time we learn there are other TR members who were similar to the TRio in terms of antics and having a motto. I was a bit disappointed that it turns out the TRio "stole" the motto as Meowth put it "It took weeks for us to find a decent motto we could swipe!!"

0.jpg

Finally in the Spiritomb episode, when Brock goes "In your ear!!" I cried laughing!!

What is your favorite version of the motto?

Their original Japanese motto and "Roketto-dan yo Eien ni".

The select episodes they choose to not do the moto are my favorite.

Buttttt If i had to pick I suppose the Hoenn one was alright.

The original Kanto motto. I just have a thing for the classics. The Unova reprise made it much too flashy, and they didn't bring back the original music.

The Kanto and Hoenn ones are the best I think but the only problem I have with the Old Motto is that why can't james say the line right it's "To unite All Peoples Within Our Nation" NOT "To Unite THE People Within Our Nation" Get It**cking Right or Don't do it at all.

I agree with the original poster entirely, loved the Song in Song of Jigglypuff, it's my fave by far, love the original and the times Ash and Co imitate them.

I also love the song in the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=LMZl3KDykq4
Team Rockets Double Trouble, I remember I had a CD with it on.

Also I agree with @Dracoman that I was initially really happy to hear they were reprising the original in Unova, but as he said, the music is missing and they don't quite get it right.
I always prefer, Jessie James, Meowths the name etc...

Is this an issue to do with dubbing, did 4KIDS own the original music for the motto prepare for trouble?

The original version was and remains the best. There was no need to change this.

I really love the Sinnoh motto. It just seems to flow really well to me. Other than the original, it's the only one I know by heart.

Original. Just like most things when it comes to THIS franchise's anime, what ain't broke, DON'T try and fix it. :dodgy:

In second, Unova. Lines can stand on their own and are well-developed.

Third, Hoenn. Still pretty decent and while not the best, pretty well thought out and enjoyable.

Sinnoh Motto just plain sucks. "IN YOUR EAR!" :boom: Ow, my ears. Meowth and Brock, throat lozenges, guys, ever hear of them? Sheesh. JK.

Seriously, though, I just plain don't like the theme and it comes off as too cheap and hastily put together.

Last edited:
I hated the Sinnoh and Unova ones soooooo Badly there were pretty bad the Unova one needed Wobbuffet sooo Badly.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom