• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime in Canada shifted to Teletoon: After 16 years, the anime will move from YTV to

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Anime in Canada shifted to Teletoon: After 16 years, the anime will move from YTV to Teletoon

All episodes of the Pokémon anime will be airing on YTV's sister station, Teletoon, effective September 2, 2014.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Anime in Canada shifted to Teletoon: After 16 years, the anime will move from YTV

I noticed shows being switched between YTV and Teletoon for a while now, even some titles like Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal, but I NEVER imagined that Pokémon would be leaving YTV. What's even the strategy between switching the shows between these two stations? It seems like one big ratings disaster to me.

Anyway, from the schedule I read, Teletoon will be airing Pokémon: Advanced weekdays and new Pokémon the Series: XY episodes Saturdays. They will also be airing "Lucario and the Mystery of Mew" this coming Saturday.

Re: Anime in Canada shifted to Teletoon: After 16 years, the anime will move from YTV

For what it's worth, both channels are owned by the same company. Anyone know what will air before and after it?

Clarity in title would be nice. "Anime in Canada" makes it seem like every single anime. I get this is a Pokemon website, but still a bit weird to be referring to Pokemon as if its the only anime.

For what it's worth, both channels are owned by the same company. Anyone know what will air before and after it?

Yeah, but YTV is on basic cable packages, so it makes the show less accessible.

What's even the strategy between switching the shows between these two stations? It seems like one big ratings disaster to me.

It's probably branding. YTV's been putting more and more live action shows over the years, though tbh, it seemed like they were trying to be Nick Canada minus the cartoons (other than Spongebob and Fairly Odd Parents) considering that all the shows they put up seemed like they were all from Nickelodeon.

Last edited:

For the weekday airings of Pokémon: Advanced, Legends of Chima airs before it and Camp Lakebottom airs after it.

Clarity in title would be nice. "Anime in Canada" makes it seem like every single anime. I get this is a Pokemon website, but still a bit weird to be referring to Pokemon as if its the only anime.

I think this is a good point. This particular article won't be renamed (since doing so causes a host of issues), but it will be taken in consideration for the naming of future articles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom