• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime Japan 2019 poll: Pocket Monsters Special (Pokemon Adventures) vote for animated adaption

KrspaceT

Reaction score
While this was brought to me by a Russian troll, I did verify that the site is a real thing and that everything does seem legit enough.

Special/Adventures is number 73.

Thos who complain about the regular anime, let's see if you can get the other adapted. It can only end in good if it comes up after all.

Either it will give you the Pokemon you want, or the adaption will make you appreciate the regular anime more (like how Pokemon Origins did both).

#73 is not exactly an accomplishment...Last year it had a similar place if I recall correctly and nothing happened.

They could produce a few shorts to test the idea, but I doubt they'd want to spend money on that with Gen 8 on the horizon.

Better to try and fail than to not and wonder.

From a business perspective, trying and failing to make an Adventures series wouldn't be the best idea. They don't want to lose money after all. Besides that, I'm not sure how an Adventures adaptation would really work. There is a lot of volumes to cover, but I don't think that they would go back to adapt the first few volumes. It does center around the first generation, but that isn't as important to promote compared to the most recent games/generation. Even waiting until the newest arc centered on the upcoming generation eight games would be difficult. Since Adventures is a monthly series, it takes a long time for a volume to be made, let alone for an arc to be completed. I'm still waiting on B2/W2 to be finished.

As cool as the idea of Pokemon Adventures getting an anime adaptation sounds, I don't think it would work for a few reasons. It just feels too late to adapt the series, especially when the arcs don't start becoming more stand alone-ish until the D/P/Pl arc, and it would be spending a lot of money and resources on something that might not be profitable enough in the long run.

It just feels too late to adapt the series, especially when the arcs don't start becoming more stand alone-ish until the D/P/Pl arc, and it would be spending a lot of money and resources on something that might not be profitable enough in the long run.
Maybe adapt them in short spinoffs like they did with Generations? It doesn't have to be a TV anime series.

From a business perspective, trying and failing to make an Adventures series wouldn't be the best idea. They don't want to lose money after all. Besides that, I'm not sure how an Adventures adaptation would really work. There is a lot of volumes to cover, but I don't think that they would go back to adapt the first few volumes. It does center around the first generation, but that isn't as important to promote compared to the most recent games/generation. Even waiting until the newest arc centered on the upcoming generation eight games would be difficult. Since Adventures is a monthly series, it takes a long time for a volume to be made, let alone for an arc to be completed. I'm still waiting on B2/W2 to be finished.

As cool as the idea of Pokemon Adventures getting an anime adaptation sounds, I don't think it would work for a few reasons. It just feels too late to adapt the series, especially when the arcs don't start becoming more stand alone-ish until the D/P/Pl arc, and it would be spending a lot of money and resources on something that might not be profitable enough in the long run.

Jo. Jo.

Maybe adapt them in short spinoffs like they did with Generations? It doesn't have to be a TV anime series.

I don't think Adventures would really work as a series of shorts. Most of the Generations shorts didn't even tell a complete story within their brief runtime. It would probably just feel like a tease for a lot of fans if it wasn't a TV anime series.

Jojo is a completely different kind of situation. Yes, they didn't start adapting the manga into a TV series until a lot time after it started, but I'm pretty sure that the Jojo series was a widely known popular shonen series well before the anime started. I hate the series and I think it's pretty overrated based on what I've seen of the anime, but it was pretty huge when it started and Part 3 was in particular quite popular. That's why it got an OVA series before the anime adaptation reached it. So of course people would want to start from the beginning with that series given its popularity.

Besides that, Jojo doesn't exist as another way to promote video games. Pokemon Adventures/Special only exist in order to tie in with the current games. That's one reason why there hasn't been any updates with the B2/W2 chapter because the games aren't marketing relevant and they have to work on arcs that are centered around the current games. Using money to adapt volumes that promote older games would probably be seen as a waste. Why spend the money on making a new series that won't get to the more recent generations for ages when they can keep their focus on the main anime series that always promote the most current main series games. Simply bringing up Jojo isn't really a good reason when it ignores the key differences between the two series and how it doesn't make sense from a marketing perspective to promote older generations with their own anime.

Would TPC want there to be another long-running anime series? Especially one with a superior plot?

Plus, as @Hidden Mew said, adapting the stuff that happened before Gen 8 will be a waste of time and money. It wouldn't be promoting the current games.

....You act as if multiple versions of a franchise can't run at the same time. Star Trek and DC have done that multiple time, and that is just off the top of my head. Plus demographic differences.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom