• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime & Manga General Discussion

Reaction score
Hey friends!

It seemed like the Evolution/Capture/Release Thread was often getting into off-topic discussions about the anime in general, so the A&M staff decided it was time for a thread that was more general. This is for any Pokémon Anime and Manga discussion that doesn’t really fit anywhere else.

As always, please keep both our Section Rules and the Forum Rules in mind when engaging in discussion here. Also, be sure to discuss specific episodes in their respective Preview or Review threads.

Thanks!

1609798451472.png

No Corphish Was Scared
Still never repeated the offense again.

Other Than Riolu and 2 Fire Types Which I Dont Blame Sniy For Losing What Was The Plot Armor?
I never said that Snivy's losses were due to Plot Armor, only that whenever she loses she at least puts up a great fight whereas Oshawott's losses always have him going down like a chump, with the sole exception being Cameron's Hydreigon (where honestly, even if he HAD gone down like a chump I would not have blamed him because... it's a Hydreigon)

In addition, you constantly and unfairly justify Oshawott losing as Plot Armor, mainly by you saying that Oshawott's fights against Darmanitan and Herdier were situations where "Ash had to lose". Those were unofficial battles against COTDs, which have literally zero stakes, so no, Ash didn't "have to lose" any of them. Heck, the Darmanitan one even hinged on him winning, since he was battling Bianca's dad to let her continue travelling. And Oshawott failed his trainer against a Pokemon with the type advantage like the chump that he is. It was only Bianca's dad backpedaling on the bet that allowed the status quo to remain.

By the way, a few pages back you criticized Snivy for losing against Riolu (who was already a Lucario when he beat her, btw: it's made abundantly clear that Snivy would have wasted Riolu if not for Evolution Ex Machina) and now you admit that Plot Armor was against her? Make up your mind.

Those Were After The Pokemon Decided To Go With Him. Eery Single Pokemon Accept's Him After They Are Caught
Snivy had also already decided, it's just that she was a bit more aloof about it. Also, we have a thread for general discussions now, so I'm gonna post this conversation there. And also end it, because it's gone enough for long enough and I'm honestly sick and tired. You like Oshawott to the point of ridiculous bias and that's fine. I will respect that so long as you respect that other people such as myself don't like him and prefer other Unova Pokemon to him.

Still never repeated the offense again.
Cuz It Was Scared
Snivy had also already decided, it's just that she was a bit more aloof about it. Also, we have a thread for general discussions now, so I'm gonna post this conversation there. And also end it, because it's gone enough for long enough and I'm honestly sick and tired. You like Oshawott to the point of ridiculous bias and that's fine. I will respect that so long as you respect that other people such as myself don't like him and prefer other Unova Pokemon to him.
Ok, Why Would I Not Accept Someone's Opinion Also I Agree Am Biased With Oshawott
Make up your mind.
It's Plot Armor

Well I made a tier list ranking Ash's rivals if anyone's interested
I'll Give You An A+ Agree But Trip Is F and Stephan Is C

I Think Corphish Would Keep Stealing Food If Torchic Was Weak
There's a big difference between what you think would have happened and what actually happened, and what actually happened is that Corphish stopped his terrible behavior while Oshawott didn't. Simple as. Besides, Corphish protected Torchic of his own volition when the bird was in trouble, so he did display some heart.

Also, I forgot to add, if you don't stop calling other Pokemon you personally dislike by demeaning nicknames I'm just going to start doing the same thing for Oshawott every time I reply to you just to show you out how annoying that is, and I've got some great examples: Suckawott, Failawott, Jerkawott, Oshawimp and Complete Disgrace To His Species, to name a few. Would you like that? If not, stop being disrespectful.

Also, I forgot to add, if you don't stop calling other Pokemon you personally dislike by demeaning nicknames I'm just going to start doing the same thing for Oshawott every time I reply to you just to show you out how annoying that is, and I've got some great examples: Suckawott, Failawott, Jerkawott, Oshawimp and Complete Disgrace To His Species, to name a few. Would you like that? If not, stop being disrespectful.
You Can Call Oshawott Whatever You Want. It's Fine By Me.

You Can Call Oshawott Whatever You Want. It's Fine By Me.
*facepalm*
Why do you call Ash's Pokemon such names? Yes, they lost battles and/or annoying personalities. I get that. But that does not mean you should give them such mean names. How would you feel if someone gave such a name to a Pokemon you like?

*facepalm*
Why do you call Ash's Pokemon such names? Yes, they lost battles and/or annoying personalities. I get that. But that does not mean you should give them such mean names. How would you feel if someone gave such a name to a Pokemon you like?
*facepalm*
I Like Oshawott And Im Fine Someone Calling It Oshawimp. I Litteraly Said That In The Post You Quoted.

Last edited:
No. Sandy Will Be A Bad Example To Chloe's Eevee. Chloe's Eevee Would Want To Be Cute and Do Nothing After Meeting Sandy.
Good joke right here, I actually laughed out loud. That said, it's honestly sad how this joke is probably more likely than literally any other prediction anyone's made so far.

I'm aware of how mean I'm being here, but a sadistic part of me wants to see Chloe's Eevee utterly trounce Sandy in a battle, if only so that Lana finally shapes up and does something with her Eevee other than treating him like a glorified plushie. Evolve that thing into a Vaporeon already at the very least.

Good joke right here, I actually laughed out loud. That said, it's honestly sad how this joke is probably more likely than literally any other prediction anyone's made so far.

I'm aware of how mean I'm being here, but a sadistic part of me wants to see Chloe's Eevee utterly trounce Sandy in a battle, if only so that Lana finally shapes up and does something with her Eevee other than treating him like a glorified plushie. Evolve that thing into a Vaporeon already at the very least.
I Think Sandy's A Girl. Jokes Aside, I Agree I Had No Problem With Lana Catching Eevee Until It Did Nothing Other Than Siting In Lana's Lap And Getting An Atrocious Haircut. Ajnother Alola Episode Would Be Good Tho.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom