• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime & Manga General Discussion

Anybody else really miss when episode previews were like this? They felt exciting and engaging! I'm sorry, but in my opinion, the new Horizons previews are just.......weird and.......not engaging. If anything, they're just bland and boring, much like Horizons itself is to me.

I just rediscovered my love for Hoenn dub openings and I've been listening to them non-stop.

They're so good and I'm getting hit right in the feels right now. T_T Nothing beats the Japanese OPs but I can't lie about how attached I am to gens 1-3 dub openings.

Hey, as someone who literally used to watch the Advanced opening like, over and over and over again as a kid when I was watching my literal only two copies of Advanced episodes (I had one DVD and one VHS, and both were of the episodes encompassing the Dewford Island arc,) and as a guy who just loves Hoenn and all the dub openings of Advanced, you're speaking to my very heart and soul when you say how good they are. :bulbaLove:

Anybody else really miss when episode previews were like this? They felt exciting and engaging! I'm sorry, but in my opinion, the new Horizons previews are just.......weird and.......not engaging. If anything, they're just bland and boring, much like Horizons itself is to me.
I'd blame the Nidothing narration for that. It can work for a lighthearted episode but for an action episode it does not work at all, she should be replaced by the characters reading their lines. The music is also below average to be honest.

With minimal spoilers can anyone tell me if Emma is well-handled in XY Pokespe? It's one of the arcs of the series I've been interested in and the answer to this question will probably determine whether I seek out and read it or not.

Though I agree, the episode itself in particular does not really help it. I like the battle focused arcs but BW probably handled it the worst way possible. Half of the episode consists of stock images with the very same background for each move and there was nothing unique to the animation. The way BW series handled battles was just the anime equivalent of game animations. I am glad that the anime staff decided it was about time to get rid of such approach to the battles since XY.

Alrighty then, let's check out that bulk pricing. Per Amazon a DBZ complete series box set is $138.50. At 291 episodes, that's about 50 cents per episode. Let's be generous and cut that in half to 25 cents for Pokemon due to even bigger bulk pricing + it being less "prestigious" of a series than DBZ. At 1236 episodes, you are left with... $309.

Ok so even considering I already pitched this as a high-end collector's item I severely underestimated just how much they'd likely be asking for lol. Like you and others have said it's rather questionable if there are enough people who care this much about Ashnime to pay such a sum. Maybe it'd be better to divide it up into parts, something like this:
  • Volume 1: The Early Years (OS, Johto Journeys, AG)
  • Volume 2: Legend Rising (DP, BW, XYZ)
  • Volume 3: Until We Meet Again (SM, Journeys)

I don't see it to be that generous, if anything, it's more likely they divide a collection per region like:

Volume 1. Kanto and OS
Volume 2. Johto
Volume 3. Hoenn
Volume 4. Sinnoh
Volume 5. Unova
Volume 6. Kalos
Volume 7. Alola
Volume 8. Journeys and Ash sent-off

And each box would be 100-150 $ with no extras or even Japanese with subs as an option. Not that I believe even that would happen. We have streaming/VoD now after all.

1000001197.jpg

27 years ago today, Ash first met Pikachu and the two quickly became inseparable partners forever scoring their biggest achievement together in 2022.

And in a few days it'll be a whole year since Liko first met Sprigatito too. How time flies indeed!

GKP21ZWXEAADblX

Happy 10th anniversary to the Pokémon Mega Evolution specials. Still one of my favourite parts of the XY anime and even cooler that Alain and Mairin joined the main anime playing a big part in XYZ.

Also introduced me to Tyler Bunch as Lysandre, still the best villain performance in the anime so far (although I'm looking forward to David Kaye's Gibeon in Horizons).

The only downside though is that the dub for these are still legally unavailable (outside of Southeast Asia) and I highly doubt they'll be included with the Viz season reissues of XY once they get round to it.

I watched the Hisuian Snow series and I wish it were a single shorter film at 30-35 minutes. There were too many recaps and rehashes of previous episodes and it makes me disappointed because I really enjoyed the buildup in the first 2-3 episodes. I feel like the ending of the 3rd episode was a letdown. It's like they purposely obscured Zoroark in Ep 3 to keep things intriguing/ambiguous, which can work, but as an audience member, I didn't get any catharsis from that and it felt like a letdown. I understand the point of obscuring it, but I don't think it worked given the surrounding scenes and the attempt at making the viewer feel something at the end with the mask felt hollow. It's a shame because I love Pokémon anime that focuses on human-Pokemon interactions and is more targeted towards everyday plotlines, and these shorts made me think that is where this series was going, but it fell short. I don't need a quest to enjoy Pokemon anime, I just want well fleshed out little stories that make me feel warm inside.

That being said, I liked seeing the Hisuian forms, the space-time distortions, and the alphas. I wish we had more time spent in the Hisuian region as a whole.

Last edited:
What is to be feared about Rika is that she would speak normally in the TPCi dubs. In a lot of (maybe all) localizations, in order have a similarity with the Japanese version where she speaks in a Kansai dialect, she either speaks in a country accent or a specific dialect (like Romanesco in Italian). It already happened with Wikstrom (who speaks in an archaic version of a given localization's language).

Back
Top Bottom