• All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Anime & Manga General Discussion

The cold is nigh
Reaction score
They don't start with weak moves. And you just said Icy Wind. If it started with weak moves it would have used Powder Snow
Icy Wind is a 55 BP move, while Water Gun is 40, it’s not big of a difference.

Besides, we haven’t seen Dracovish battle at all, it might have Fishious Rend. Hell, for all we know it might have Draco Meteor.

I make a lot of typos
Reaction score
For Iris's return it would have been cool if they pulled a BW Charizard and bring back Gible for the series birth of Garchomp but that is literally impossible :cry:

05/03/09~05/03/15~05/03/21
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
She/her
And still they’re yet to properly interact :bulbaFacepalm:

Super Moderator
Reaction score
On one hand, I can kind of see why Chloe wasn't treated as a main character when they were slowly making her more interested in Pokemon with most of her focused episodes. Plus, trying to include her with Ash and Goh when she didn't have her own Pokemon or knew how she felt about them would have been kind of tricky. But it is still baffling to me that they didn't have a prominent female lead in the cast from the start and that Chloe isn't still considered part of the main cast.

Reaction score
On one hand, I can kind of see why Chloe wasn't treated as a main character when they were slowly making her more interested in Pokemon with most of her focused episodes. Plus, trying to include her with Ash and Goh when she didn't have her own Pokemon or knew how she felt about them would have been kind of tricky. But it is still baffling to me that they didn't have a prominent female lead in the cast from the start and that Chloe isn't still considered part of the main cast.
The way she's being portrayed in the OP really makes me feel that they at least acknowledge her as part of the main cast now, even if she's still not a full blown main character. I kinda like that they've taken their time with Koharu, though, wish they would have done the same with Serena.

I want a donut
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
Chloe has quite a lot of potential but they should've used her more since the beggining. She did nothing in the first year and is barely doing anything now.

Fun fact: There was a joke in the brazillian fandom that her first Pokémon should be a Grass type, due to her being a plant herself. A bit of context: Here in a Brazil, a ''Plant'' in a show, be a reality TV or any other media, is a person/character who does nothing to move the plot forward and has no impact on the story. So esseantially, that individual has the same weight in the narrative as a plant in the set decoration lol.

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Grookey
Fun fact: There was a joke in the brazillian fandom that her first Pokémon should be a Grass type, due to her being a plant herself. A bit of context: Here in a Brazil, a ''Plant'' in a show, be a reality TV or any other media, is a person/character who does nothing to move the plot forward and has no impact on the story. So esseantially, that individual has the same weight in the narrative as a plant in the set decoration lol.
Grookey?

Huggable Alolan Raichu
Reaction score
This reminds me of a joke that was passed around Finnish schoolyards at least back in the days of the Pokémania, and is probably still passed around today. In Finnish, the word "paras" means "the best", so it was funny to us to see a Pokémon whose name was literally that word, and yet, it was obviously far from being the best Pokémon around.

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Grookey
This reminds me of a joke that was passed around Finnish schoolyards at least back in the days of the Pokémania, and is probably still passed around today. In Finnish, the word "paras" means "the best", so it was funny to us to see a Pokémon whose name was literally that word, and yet, it was obviously far from being the best Pokémon around.
Paras Sucks

Reaction score
I remember saying this last year and was getting laughed at. Now it what I said has turned out to be true! Dragonite & GENGAR DIDN'T EVEN APPEAR FOR 20 EPISODES! If it was caught as a Dratini it would have undeservedly evolved! They gave Ash fully evolved Pokemon like Dragonite & Gengar because they knew if they were Dratini or Gastly they would not evolve at all! LAZY AND BORING WRITING!