• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime & Manga General Discussion

I said "second worst" for a reason.;)
Tbf tho, let's not pretend Ash losing to Alain again wouldn't be even more disastrous than Ash losing to Leon lmao

But seriously can you imagine bringing Alain back just to have Ash lose against him yet again??? They aren't insane enough to do that, but it would be the absolute funniest thing ever if they were crazy enough.
I don't think the pic is actually from the show, but as I recall Khu's leaks for the games were all correct, and that's a very logical set for the Master 8. I think his previous ones were not in the form of leaked pics so this could easily be something he doctored up to visually show it off.
I just feel like my problems with tihs lineup are Diantha being higher than Cynthia and Iris being not only there, but ranked higher than Lance and Steven.

No offense to Iris, but... no. Just no. And I know this isn't the game canon, but I'm not swallowing Diantha being stronger than Cynthia.

I just feel like my problems with tihs lineup are Diantha being higher than Cynthia and Iris being not only there, but ranked higher than Lance and Steven.

No offense to Iris, but... no. Just no. And I know this isn't the game canon, but I'm not swallowing Diantha being stronger than Cynthia.
I'm not positive the order there is supposed to be their rankings. We already know Lance was #2 earlier but in the pic he'd be down at 7 if it's accurate.

But seriously can you imagine bringing Alain back just to have Ash lose against him yet again???
After they brought back Gary to end AG with a random win I honestly can.
Edit: Not saying it's the most likely outcome, but I do feel supicious about their willingness to have two Charizard lose, and Ash basically has to face Leon at some point.

I will say this; if it happens again someone needs to make a song set to the tune of "I Can't Defeat Air Man".

Yeah Alan is the only league rival I can see Ash getting a rematch with. He's not a non-character like Tobias or the previous league rivals but an established character. Greninja will most likely return but the rest of the teams don't really matter since Ash already beat his other 5 pokemon.

I don't think the pic is actually from the show, but as I recall Khu's leaks for the games were all correct, and that's a very logical set for the Master 8. I think his previous ones were not in the form of leaked pics so this could easily be something he doctored up to visually show it off.
All the regional champions are there and Alain isn't exactly a ridiculous choice like if it had been AJ or something, and they just brought Greninja back while apparently conspicuously not showing his transformation.
My issue is that editing a picture with video game art for the Champions and I think a key visual for Ash makes it look kind of fake, or at least more questionable since it would have taken him a bit more time to put that together as opposed to just listing out the Master Class trainers. I still wouldn't be shocked if it turns out to be true. Even if he wasn't a reliable leaker for the games, the idea of Alain coming back for Ash to defeat would not be a huge stretch. I just think that the image itself makes the claim more questionable.

Iris just sticks out like a sore thumb in that lineup. The outcomes for her all seem undesirable: being fodder, losing to Ash again, or beating someone people would prefer Ash take on. Even with her being champion, I still think Alder would be a better Gen V rep than her, at this point. Benga would be best, except he'd really be out of nowhere.

Iris just sticks out like a sore thumb in that lineup. The outcomes for her all seem undesirable: being fodder, losing to Ash again, or beating someone people would prefer Ash take on. Even with her being champion, I still think Alder would be a better Gen V rep than her, at this point. Benga would be best, except he'd really be out of nowhere.
Even if she loses her first round which is probably happening, the fact that she has the prestige of making it to the top 8 trainers in the world currently is enough.

I won't believe in anything that that cretin leaker may say.
Being right or playing riddles doesn't give anyone the right to be a bastard.

Iris should have returned once, and not as a Champion.
Since that role was forced into her, and doesn't sit well with her BW characterization.
And she climbing that much is not believable, but we have the messy/puzzling way the PWC works.

Benga would be best, except he'd really be out of nowhere.
If they really wanted Adeku to retire, Banjirou would have made a nice choice to succeed him.
He is pretty strong and the anime still needs, badly, more BW2 representation.

If Iris wasn't champion for the battle with Ash, or if she hadn't used Haxorus, I'd be a little more okay with her in the Masters 8. There's also reconciling with the idea she made it in before Ash.

I'll also be bothered by Paul not even being in the PWC, despite having more reason than Alain to participate.

Now this isn't happening, even if the "leak" is wrong, (though I'm not sure Iris was mentioned by the Chinese leaker) but a character that has appeared in the anime and could theoretically be a strong competitor? N

It was explained in JN013 that there's a Master Class tournament at the end of each season. It's just that Masters Eight Trainers can also challenge each other outside of tournaments.
Okay, so we know that there will be a tournament. I'm sure one of Ash's opponents is gonna be Champion Cynthia.

I can't believe the leak was real. I guess Khu, despite all his stupid antics, is credible across the board with their leaks.

I'm just concerned how the Master's 8 is going to be handled and if it will be done in a substantial manner. Will Ash battle the 7 of them? Will they be paired and battle each other? There's so much potential for amazing fights across the board.

Also, I didn't realize it before...but the Master's 8 is made up of the regional Champions, which is pretty awesome.

Back
Top Bottom