• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Anime & Manga General Discussion

Peppermint Phoenix

The one once known as Alphaphlare
Reaction score
I started read Magical Pokémon Journey. I really liked it but I can't find scanlations for volume 2. I wonder if Almond actually has any Pokémon. If he doesn't I don't know why he's called a trainer. Overall I thought it had way more "soul" than Adventures. Would recommend. If they crammed as many faithful adaptations of individual chapters as possible back to back into one movie it would be the first movie to sell Hazelion tickets

Rath

Reaction score
Sad how AG and BW both only got two returning characters (Wallace is counted as a DP character because that was his anime debut)

aUNZ3x8.jpg

Sai

Reaction score
I feel like including that many SM characters is kinda cheating since most were just background cameos like Hau, Guzma, Alola Oak, etc.

Real shame Cilan didn't get an episode and I wish a few more random Gym leaders appeared but what can you do.

nickdt

Reaction score
I feel like including that many SM characters is kinda cheating since most were just background cameos like Hau, Guzma, Alola Oak, etc.

Real shame Cilan didn't get an episode and I wish a few more random Gym leaders appeared but what can you do.

Don't worry, i think Cilan (And all of the previous companions), will be in the stands for Ash vs Leon. I can even see some rivals like Tierno, Trevor, Virgil, Bianca and Stephan attend (And then i haven't mentioned Gary (Who will obviously be very proud of Ashy boy) and Paul)

A Wild Luxray

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
Don't worry, i think Cilan (And all of the previous companions), will be in the stands for Ash vs Leon. I can even see some rivals like Tierno, Trevor, Virgil, Bianca and Stephan attend (And then i haven't mentioned Gary (Who will obviously be very proud of Ashy boy) and Paul)
I believe there was an interview where a director or someone said the stands may have some surprise cameos. Cilan of all characters appearing makes a ton of sense considering the two friends he spent his journey with both made it to the Masters 8.

Eitarou

I'm Soi confused
Reaction score
Sad how AG and BW both only got two returning characters (Wallace is counted as a DP character because that was his anime debut)

aUNZ3x8.jpg
You forgot Zipp, Tupp, and Rapp for Alola.

nickdt

Reaction score
I believe there was an interview where a director or someone said the stands may have some surprise cameos. Cilan of all characters appearing makes a ton of sense considering the two friends he spent his journey with both made it to the Masters 8.

Yeah and i doubt people on the stands are the only surprising cameo's we will get (I totally expect at least all the professors making a cameo watching the match on tv, same with Norman and Caroline, Grace and Johanna, but also Alexa and Viola and Meyer being invited by Sycamore to watch and possibly all the Kalos gym leaders + Wikstrom). For Sinnoh, i have a cheeky suspicion they are gonna show Barry and Palmer as well. I also think we get Scott and the Frontier Brains and OI Drake (It would be a crime if they at least don't make a cameo).

And having Cilan can also mean we are gonna see Chili and Cress at least watching from home.

Characters i can also see being shown watching the match and rooting for Ash are Brocks family and Misty's sisters, but also Surge (Who is not only rooting for Ash, but Pikachu in particular).

And if Tierno and Trevor are there, that makes a Shauna cameo also extremely likely.

I would also absolutely love it if Jessie, James and Meowth attend the event in the stadium and its them who are starting the Champion, Champion, Champion chant for Ash to counter all the Leon fans.

Last edited:

Sai

Reaction score
PWC is getting rushed, isn't it.
No, because they already have the planned number of eps scripted. They'll make up for this with a double airing like the Clemont/Drasna 1 hour ep

Daren

Surprisingly well rehearsed
Reaction score
Since they originally planned for the non-Ash battles to be still sketches I assume before changing them to on-screen they checked and confirmed they have enough episodes left.
I think the PWC will probably avoid the pacing issues some previous leagues had, though we'll likely only get a single full battle which is disappointing.

A Wild Luxray

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
I don't see exactly how the Masters 8 is gonna be rushed. I'm still going why are we on a 2 week break, but there is still plenty of time for them to give the Masters 8 plenty of episodes. Plus, we literally only know the first episode.

ManUtd22

Reaction score
One important question is that will Ash take all of his 2010 season pokemons or will left them in Professor Sakuragi no house such as what he did with his alolan chiho pokemons as he left them in kukui hakase no house?

ManUtd22

Reaction score
I have a question:-

I love UK. I saw pokemon US but is there different between UK Pokemon and US Pokemon?

ManUtd22

Reaction score
Are you talking about the anime? I'm pretty sure the Anglosphere uses the same dub, or at least the majority white parts of it do anyway.

Yes the anime one. The voices are the same, the language too