• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Anime & Manga General Discussion

CharizardFan7

Though I'm also a Blaziken fan
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Ok, by the way: is Aegislash in Journeys a good Pokemon for Leon. I would find it pretty half-hearted if he came and was absolutely stolen by XY, so I wouldn't want him because something like that can happen.
He may or may not use Aegislash in battle, considering the ref already has one (though, and I may have said this before,) but that could just as well be Leon's that he's borrowing.

Last edited:

ManUtd22

Reaction score
I hate win the referee said only the challenger can substitute pokemon.

Specialy that Ash much experience and stronger than the gym leaders.

Look to lenora, she put Ash in danger as really the combination of forcing the opponent to switch its poemon using roar with not allowing the second pokemon to back using mean lock were really very unique style. Another er example, take battle gym was unique also who the brother and sister challenged Ash using lunatone and solrock against pikachu and swallow. Even if wan never allowed to switch pokemon I guess I am not sure but using different style in battle was good

So I don't like the rule: "Only the challenger may substitute pokemon.

Chilon

Sorry Skarmory!!!:(
Reaction score
Pronouns
Him
With Volt Tackle and Iron Tail.
Ult: Thunder of friendship (Not a good name)
Hang in there Pikachu
When HP under 40% he gets stronger?
Antidote: Heals paralyses

Imtnt

Reaction score
I dont know the game, tbh, But it seems related to important anime topic. At this point in the anime there should be realy Ash Pikachu if there is a pokemon by his side.
I do agree that Dracovish is colorful enough to be there, as it is very easy to connect with Ash's pokemon (as long as JN on air) but it is the less apealing one as well....

RK9

Gen V was the peak.
Reaction score
This information regards an anime character in a game, so I figured it could fit here.

Ash. is going to be added as a recruitable character in Pokémon Masters EX. His partner Pokémon is Dracovish.
False.

He's getting added as a NPC you can fight as part of the anime collaboration to promote the Masters Eight going on and while Dracovish is in the gamefiles with his model, no other info has been known/found thus far about Ash other than the event picture showed him with Pikachu in an event called "The Classic Thunderbolt.

Some more research would be nice instead of just blatantly spreading misinformation.

FinnishPokéFan92

Huggable Electric Rodent
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
False.

He's getting added as a NPC you can fight as part of the anime collaboration to promote the Masters Eight going on and while Dracovish is in the gamefiles with his model, no other info has been known/found thus far about Ash other than the event picture showed him with Pikachu in an event called "The Classic Thunderbolt.

Some more research would be nice instead of just blatantly spreading misinformation.
Since writing that post, yes, I have become aware of him being an NPC, not a playable character, at least for now. But I have found some information besides just the game models: voice clips.

FluffleFi

Zzzzappin'!
Reaction score
Its cool that they're trying to hype up the M8, but I feel like its something the anime should be trying to do. By, oh I dunno, making the trainer's competing seem like actual characters? Cause aside from Ash, Iris, Leon and Cynthia why do the audience care about Lance or Diantha, aside from them being someone's favorite characters? Hell Lance hasn't appeared since when, the battle between himself and Leon in the beginning? And before then his last appearance was back in the Advance series, so reestablishing his character is something that could've been done. And does anyone have any motivations? Ash at least wants to be a Pokemon Master, but what about Steven? Diantha? Journey's, unlike previous series, isn't following a set path, the writers are pretty much doing there own things for this series. So instead of wasting time on boring/pointless fillers, why not make the audience care about the M8 and the characters competing in it?

FinnishPokéFan92

Huggable Electric Rodent
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
...but why tho
… that’s just about the most random match they could get
False.

Correction to my previous post: Pikachu is the actual partner. The model of Dracovish was only added for cutscene purposes.

Daren

Surprisingly well rehearsed
Reaction score
To be honest I'm not sure we're supposed to care about most of the Master Eight entrants; we were told the original plan was to pretty much skip over non-Ash battles but it was changed due to being "boring".
I know that sounds a bit strange considering the entrants, but really tournaments usually have people just there to pad out time with battles that need to be done but aren't important to the story. It's not too strange that happened in this one, too. At least we're going to see every battle as a bone thrown to the champions having fans from the games.

Last edited:

Imtnt

Reaction score
Its cool that they're trying to hype up the M8, but I feel like its something the anime should be trying to do. By, oh I dunno, making the trainer's competing seem like actual characters? Cause aside from Ash, Iris, Leon and Cynthia why do the audience care about Lance or Diantha, aside from them being someone's favorite characters? Hell Lance hasn't appeared since when, the battle between himself and Leon in the beginning? And before then his last appearance was back in the Advance series, so reestablishing his character is something that could've been done. And does anyone have any motivations? Ash at least wants to be a Pokemon Master, but what about Steven? Diantha? Journey's, unlike previous series, isn't following a set path, the writers are pretty much doing there own things for this series. So instead of wasting time on boring/pointless fillers, why not make the audience care about the M8 and the characters competing in it?
By audience you refer to us watching the series or the lucky crowd at the stadium? I guess you refer to the viewers (but if not than u r wrong).

So personally I think Lance and Steven are more interesting to watch in M8 than Diantha, Iris and even Leon. Honestly it is just boring Lance /Diantha will lose on the Semis. Still I couldnt care less about Iris vs Cynthia, and prefer to watch 116 over 117.

CharizardFan7

Though I'm also a Blaziken fan
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Hmm, May in Pokemon Masters EX does have a different VA. Maybe...
1656487699209.png

M A Y ... be!
Oi Puns.gif