• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime & Manga General Discussion

For sun and moon, I watched the first episode and none afterwards. I guess I like battles, and the previous six regions had Ash do battle with Gym LEaders and at the league.
SM had battles too. They just weren't the main focus outside the League, and even at the League, they served as means of character growth.

SM was a great series, in my honest opinion.
I hate SM because the art style and Ash was a buttmonkey.
After everything I have heard and read about Journeys, and it's wasted potential, I am glad I stopped after Kalos.
XYZ is literally wasted potential the series cough Ash-Greninja and the Kalos League cough

I feel as if SM only started to get good around halfway through. Too much of the first half was just slice of life stuff with some pretty cringeworthy humor. All those unappealing meme faces and such. Ash was treated too much like a buttmonkey also. Once Aether Foundation came in things improved, and we had a very strong ending.

There's some rough eps all around, but a lot of early SM eps set the foundation for the rest of the saga, even things we didn't know would amount to anything at the time like Pikachu/Tapu Koko's rivalry, Kukui and Incineroar being the final opponent of the series, the early stuff with Lillie, etc.

I do agree they went overboard with the faces early on and I still don't care for Ash's SM design to this day, but a lot of it has retroactively aged better than when it aired now that we know the "endgame" for those characters and you can see where the build up was from.

Hi everyone I’m missing this subforum, anyone got any :coffee: to spill?
Do you mean info? Or just plain opinions? Because I can give you two things.

First, I've been seeing images of Mega Charizard Y and Tyranitar pop up recently on Twitter, and I've been hearing people say they might be Leon's. Second, and I know I've said this already, but Ash and Leon better be nothing short of amazing, because there have been far too many things this series did shoddily (namely the battles and animation of the Pokemon and human characters. :cautious:) If they can finish on a strong note with the ending, well, at least they'll have that.

BTW, has anybody seen this yet?
1659138232123.png

(Found it on Twitter. :p)

Do you mean info? Or just plain opinions? Because I can give you two things.

First, I've been seeing images of Mega Charizard Y and Tyranitar pop up recently on Twitter, and I've been hearing people say they might be Leon's. Second, and I know I've said this already, but Ash and Leon better be nothing short of amazing, because there have been far too many things this series did shoddily (namely the battles and animation of the Pokemon and human characters. :cautious:) If they can finish on a strong note with the ending, well, at least they'll have that.

View attachment 162201
Lucario has way more personality than Greninja.
Lucario>Greninja

View attachment 162201

According to the official anipoke Twitter account, it's a collection of all the opening and ending themes for Pokemon JN:

This also includes the MVs and animation for all versions of 1.2.3, and animation for all ending themes on Blu-ray.

Unfortunately, that's all we're getting in this collection, so there goes my hopes of getting a special version of 1.2.3 with only Ash (and Pikachu) as the singer, ala Getta Ban Ban...

For sun and moon, I watched the first episode and none afterwards. I guess I like battles, and the previous six regions had Ash do battle with Gym LEaders and at the league.
I don't think a lot of regions had gym or league battles in the first episode. S&M had its fair share of battles, and some good ones also.

And if we are honest, other regions also had episodes and even long periods without a proper Pokémon battle.

I don't think a lot of regions had gym or league battles in the first episode. S&M had its fair share of battles, and some good ones also.

And if we are honest, other regions also had episodes and even long periods without a proper Pokémon battle.
True. Also. I guess boredom with the anime also was a factor for my stopping.

Back
Top Bottom