• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime & Manga General Discussion

With all of the new stuff that got shown off today, I really do hope we get an actual anime series based on Scarlet and Violet and not another region hopping show like Journeys. It would be cool considering the 3 different story paths would also the show to follow a more open adventure. If Ash is still around, he could do gyms, and 2 other traveling companions could do the other two paths, which would be nice for giving everyone a goal from the start. Also, I NEED to see Koraidon trotting around animated :LOL:

I expect we'll get a traditional Scarlet and Violet chapter for Pokemon Adventures, so no worries there. I'm instantly feeling like it could be like Ruby and Sapphire where Ruby's story was focused on contests and Sapphire's was for gyms. SV chapter could be similar have the main characters following the 3 paths of the Treasure Hunt, each with a different starter. That's just my guess though.

The fact that one of the quests seem to be treasure hunts for the school activities implies we probably won't focus in it much. Maybe for a filler or two

With all of the new stuff that got shown off today, I really do hope we get an actual anime series based on Scarlet and Violet and not another region hopping show like Journeys. It would be cool considering the 3 different story paths would also the show to follow a more open adventure. If Ash is still around, he could do gyms, and 2 other traveling companions could do the other two paths, which would be nice for giving everyone a goal from the start. Also, I NEED to see Koraidon trotting around animated :LOL:
the game’s premise is set up that way and would seemingly be easy to have a focus/goal for each protagonist, but seeing how they’ve handled the past two generations of anime, I have my doubts that they’ll follow through with it :cautious: which is really disappointing

I expect we'll get a traditional Scarlet and Violet chapter for Pokemon Adventures, so no worries there. I'm instantly feeling like it could be like Ruby and Sapphire where Ruby's story was focused on contests and Sapphire's was for gyms. SV chapter could be similar have the main characters following the 3 paths of the Treasure Hunt, each with a different starter. That's just my guess though.
I think Ash and gym leaders wont be on the same level anymore... Maybe Ash should focus on another aspect of being master and on the way he gets a chanse to enter another battle exp / tour / league.

They could put another main character that his goal is winning gyms. It could be a thing - Ash is traveling with someone who wants to be stronger in battle.

I wish they could get us back another main character from the past series to travel with... now that they all get a reason to come back to screen in PWC final, why not merge their paths..

I think Ash and gym leaders wont be on the same level anymore... Maybe Ash should focus on another aspect of being master and on the way he gets a chanse to enter another battle exp / tour / league.

They could put another main character that his goal is winning gyms. It could be a thing - Ash is traveling with someone who wants to be stronger in battle.

I wish they could get us back another main character from the past series to travel with... now that they all get a reason to come back to screen in PWC final, why not merge their paths..

Honestly to me it doesn't really matter who does gyms, I'd just like to see someone do them :LOL: Whether it's Ash, one of the SV MCs, doesn't matter, I just would love to see gyms handled in this new format.

The "Arceus, the One Called God" special has officially received its English name: "Pokémon: The Arceus Chronicles". Its dub version will make its world premier at the 2022 Pokémon World Championships on August 19.

I wonder if they'll edit it together as a movie, they just need to replace the endings for each ep (which the dub never includes anyway)

Could Ash's Riolu Egg have come from Cynthia? We know it originated from Sinnoh. Speculation, of course, but an interesting possibility nonetheless.

I happened to come across that on Twitter too! Maybe we'll get to see Cynthia's backstory? :unsure: Also, I'm just.......so glad that Ash vs Cynthia will be treated as an actually serious match. Just as it should be. Three episodes, full 6v6 battle. It may not be the ideal team of Ash's Pokemon that everyone wanted, but I for one am happy that the setup of the battle itself is good, and it won't be rushed.

Last edited:
In 2022 Anipoke lay in ruins, inexplicable breaches of pacing plaguing its run, many of those being either fillers or clipshows.
Anyway, when they appeared in the middle of a supposedly important Arc about a tournament.......

When you believe that they couldn't do worse, the staff does his utmost efforts to prove us otherwise.

In 2022 Anipoke lay in ruins, inexplicable breaches of pacing plaguing its run, many of those being either fillers or clipshows.
Anyway, when they appeared in the middle of a supposedly important Arc about a tournament.......

When you believe that they couldn't do worse, the staff does his utmost efforts to prove us otherwise.
It's already been established clip-shows are due to production problems, it's obvious they weren't planned to happen. I don't know why people keep bringing this up.

It's already been established clip-shows are due to production problems, it's obvious they weren't planned to happen. I don't know why people keep bringing this up.
They bring them up especifically because they're of the biggest pieces of evidence of the mess this series is in both in and out of universe.

Having 2 clip-shows almost back-to-back amidst the climax of the series is not normal.

They bring them up especifically because they're of the biggest pieces of evidence of the mess this series is in both in and out of universe.

Having 2 clip-shows almost back-to-back amidst the climax of the series is not normal.
I agree, but otherwise there would just be breaks those weeks. I guess something happened with producing the early eps of the next series while finishing this one. Either way the clip shows aren't taking the place of battles, especially now that we know Ash/Cynthia may be 2-3 episodes, and Leon will be the same.

I imagine stuff like Alan's battle being shoved into the end of 1 episode would have happened either way even if there were no issues.

Back
Top Bottom