• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime & Manga General Discussion

I've been thinking about how the Naranja and Uva Academies could be handled in Pokemon Adventures. (And I guess also the anime, but we still don't even know if we're getting an SV anime so I'll leave that on hold for now, though I feel they could approach it the same tbh). The Academy seems like it'll have a pretty big role in SV, so I figure it'll be shown off quite a bit early on, but with the schools being version exclusive it makes me wonder what they'll do there. And yeah, so far the differences seem to mainly be cosmetic, but even that has me wondering what they'll do, since I feel like it would still be best to represent them both. Personally, I can see two pretty likely options.

1. They simply choose one version to use for the world. The SuMo chapter leaned closer to Moon's story with Nebby evolving into Lunala while a separate Cosmog evolved into Solgaleo. In the SwSh chapter, the main characters battled the Shield leaders, with the Sword leaders being left for the side characters. So I could see Adventures (and the hypothetical anime for that matter), simply choosing to incorporate one school as the official one.

2. But the more likely option to me (and the one I hope for) is that they'll simply merge the schools into one orange and grape themed academy, with students wearing both orange and purple uniforms. I think this would work out well, as they could just have grape and orange emblems across the school and have all of the students vary in their uniforms. The major characters will probably be the same way. I can imagine Nemona wearing the Scarlet outfit and Arven wearing the Violet one since those are the main official arts we've seen. Also, assuming we get two main characters based off of the PCs as usual, I feel one would wear orange and the other purple. Based on how the games have been promoted so far, I'd be shocked if the girl wasn't wearing Scarlet's outfit and the boy Violet's but honestly, it doesn't really matter.

The only real question would what Clavell would wear, but I could see him either rotating outfits every so often or simply getting a different colored outfit.

And again, if there is going to be a traditional styled Scarlet and Violet anime, I could see it going the same way.

The outfits are not exclusive. The outfits are just part of the schoolwear. The official site mentions that there are 4 clothing pieces for the school that you can customize into.

That said, I have no hopes for Adventures in this. The game release schedule is catching up to it and it shows in it's quality. They mostly just follow the game events with slight deviations here and tehre, but it's no longer of the quality of stuff like the early arcs where they had a lot of room to do their own thing too.

The outfits are not exclusive. The outfits are just part of the schoolwear. The official site mentions that there are 4 clothing pieces for the school that you can customize into.

That said, I have no hopes for Adventures in this. The game release schedule is catching up to it and it shows in it's quality. They mostly just follow the game events with slight deviations here and tehre, but it's no longer of the quality of stuff like the early arcs where they had a lot of room to do their own thing too.
They seemingly had Henry Sword go to the dark side for SwSh. That is a first for a Pokedex holder, isn't it? Also, it seems what we once thought was each Pokedex holder's first name might actually be his or her last name, at least for some of them.

They seemingly had Henry Sword go to the dark side for SwSh. That is a first for a Pokedex holder, isn't it?
Actually, Casey later figured that Henry just had his mind messed up by Eternatus's poison, which is why he acted out of character.

Also, I hate Casey's inability to speak without shouting (and how, when she's trying to shout, she risks blowing the eardrums of anyone near her) and people hardly ever calling her out about it.

I hate what Adventures did with the Sobble line. Instead of following the normal starter pattern for the male protagonist0, they gave Henry Grooky for some reason and had Sobble be given to some random schoolboy named Marvin.

I hate what Adventures did with the Sobble line. Instead of following the normal starter pattern for the male protagonist0, they gave Henry Grooky for some reason and had Sobble be given to some random schoolboy named Marvin.
They gave Grookey to him because his whole shtick is that he only uses (or even studies) Pokémon that use some type of tools, which Grookey and its evolutions do.

Warning: a lot of my opinions are the result of watching 10 week’s worth of episodes in one day but… why the hell is Infernape accepting commands from Paul?

Sure, Paul has softened up and is much better, but I don’t see why that translates into the Pokémon he abandoned literally following his orders (specially a mundane one like “go away”). Sure, a noble, kindhearted Pokémon might do that; but Infernape was literally mistreated and abused by Paul and I don’t think Infernape viewed Paul as someone who always viewed it as a weak Pokémon till it defeated Electivire.
Infernape has a bad history of being ordered around by Paul to its detriment so why would it accept commands from him?

I felt Paul was mostly well done (but seemed to lose his stern side at times, but I’m glad they kept his brutal battle style intact, and that’s a great feat for something so subtle), but this interaction made me go “wtf”.

“Not having any animosity” is one thing and “accepting instructions from your ex-trainer” is other. I guess this is a relatively small thing, all things considered.

They gave Grookey to him because his whole shtick is that he only uses (or even studies) Pokémon that use some type of tools, which Grookey and its evolutions do.
Oh yeah. Forgot he had that random team gimmick. Just felt like a lame excuse to give Henry Grookey instead of Sobble.

FZzcGPwXkAU8pp3

Iris has a Hydreigon on her team according to Mezastar, she just never used it

Back
Top Bottom