• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime & Manga General Discussion

Seriously? Why has this series had so many breaks? I know the pandemic impacted production, but we've had all these breaks because of other programs. And its all been so close together.

I don't think the studio has control on this break, since it is related to The World Table Tennis Championship.

Wild to think there are some Gen 8 Pokémon that might not even get the opportunity to appear in Journeys at this point :(
And when they finally do get their chance to appear, it'll probably just be in the background unless some of them get lucky and some trainers in Paldea have em on their team.

And when they finally do get their chance to appear, it'll probably just be in the background unless some of them get lucky and some trainers in Paldea have em on their team.
Pokemon have always continued to appear in series after their original gen, I'm sure we'll see the remaining Gen 8 pokemon next series. It is too bad they couldn't squeeze them all in this time but I'm sure we'll see them all eventually. But I can understand people wanting to see them animated.

I have my doubts that the remaining generation eight Pokemon will be shown in the next series. It wouldn't be impossible, but considering the amount of Pokemon they didn't feature in Journeys from this generation, including all of the Hisuian forms from Legends Arceus, and I ideally want them to focus on Paldea Pokemon in the next series, I'm not sure how much catch up they can reasonably do here beyond putting some Galar Pokemon in the background.

I don't know what it is recently, but it actually makes me really sad when I think about how Galar won't get an anime to itself. I've had my ups & downs with the Sword and Shield games, but the region has always been a high point for me, so to see it never get adapted in a full series anime just makes me kind of sad :(

I don't know what it is recently, but it actually makes me really sad when I think about how Galar won't get an anime to itself. I've had my ups & downs with the Sword and Shield games, but the region has always been a high point for me, so to see it never get adapted in a full series anime just makes me kind of sad :(
Maybe the will leave a room for a spinoff.. or something.. I think on the other hand it was nice to combine regions it had more potential.. PLUS they could get more focus in Galarian pokemon and places in that formula.

Maybe the will leave a room for a spinoff.. or something.. I think on the other hand it was nice to combine regions it had more potential.. PLUS they could get more focus in Galarian pokemon and places in that formula.
It’s honestly way too late to do a Galar spinoff and I still don’t personally see any benefit to the Journeys formula that was adopted these past few years, but to each their own. No worries!

I just hope Paldea and the Paldean Pokémon are represented well this time around and not treated like an afterthought. I may sound silly saying this but I firmly believe that each mainline region has something to offer and has no business being sidelined like Galar was in Journeys.

Last edited:
Not happening, they need to market the latest games now. JN was less "combining regions" and more "anime exclusive Kanto locations and episode rehashes till the second half".

Quick question - did all the Galar gym leaders make it on screen in the end? I sort of lost the thread entirely…

Back
Top Bottom