• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime & Manga General Discussion

Pokemon Horizons. Reminds me of Animal Crossing New Horizons. The Ash Era truly begins now. Surprised to see the dub not only with a name and logo for the new series, but also to see them still sub these trailers. I guess simulcast is possible after all?

After today's episode,
.. This really feels more like a 'see you again some day' than a goodbye to Ash. I was left more confused than emotional to be honest. Still, it really is the end of an era for the anime. Than you Ash so much for the years of joy and following your adventures.

Pokemon Horizons. Reminds me of Animal Crossing New Horizons. The Ash Era truly begins now. Surprised to see the dub not only with a name and logo for the new series, but also to see them still sub these trailers. I guess simulcast is possible after all?
As cool as a simulcast would be, I think that if we were going to get it, they probably would have announced it by now. I don't know how soon simulcast are typically announced, but we've known the series' premiere date for awhile. It's still a possibility and it is cool to get official subbed trailers, but considering that they used the trailer this morning to announce the dub title and that it will be released later this year, I wouldn't get my hopes up for a simulcast announcement.

As cool as a simulcast would be, I think that if we were going to get it, they probably would have announced it by now. I don't know how soon simulcast are typically announced, but we've known the series' premiere date for awhile. It's still a possibility and it is cool to get official subbed trailers, but considering that they used the trailer this morning to announce the dub title and that it will be released later this year, I wouldn't get my hopes up for a simulcast announcement.
I still just question how they are unable to so simuldubbing when many anime series have been able to these days. Instead we get even further behind than ever before thanks to this horrendous Netflix release model.

I still just question how they are unable to so simuldubbing when many anime series have been able to these days. Instead we get even further behind than ever before thanks to this horrendous Netflix release model.
I can't really blame them for no being able to do simuldubbing. I imagine that's a lot easier to manage for seasonal anime titles as opposed to an anime that airs all throughout the year with little breaks in-between. Netflix being so slow at releasing episodes is a big problem though. I still feel like the Netflix release model probably would have been better received if they kept the release schedule consistent like they did for Journeys' first season. I'm not sure how much control TPCI has over that when I assume Netflix decides its release schedule for its shows, but I really hope hat they'll have a better and consistent release schedule going forward.

I mentioned this in my post in the Ash's final episode thread but my little sister is just getting into Pokemon, mainly the anime.

Her favorite Pokemon is Primeape (was very upset when it left), with Koffing and Psyduck behind it.
She hates Weezing and Arbok (preferred Ekans).

She also likes Mewtwo and despises Gary. She likes Charmeleon over Charizard and was also upset when it evolved so fast.

Last edited:
1679749512572.png

This was a sight to see.

A huge rainbow on the day of Ash and Pikachu's final episode where there also was a rainbow.

Somehow it's really hitting me in the feels even more.

Years ago I read something, I'm not sure if it was made up on the spot or information, in which Rica's voice for Satoshi was slightly changed in XY. The only thing I could recall sounding older and also like "a delinquent" which I always found bizarre. Is this something with any basis?

A new miniseries has been announced. It's called Aim to Be a Pokemon Catcher and focuses on the end of Goh's journey.
1664516735_pokemon-tournament-battle-bromide-card-23-500x500.jpg

It will start on June 31st and will have 5 episodes which all have been announced:

• Arceus challenge! Catch Pokemon in a Land of Legends!: While travelling through Sinnoh, Arceus appears before Gou and tells him he has to catch all the Pokemon in the region in 22 minutes, and if he suceeds he can catch Arceus. Will Goh be able to do it in time? (31/6)
  • Floette! A nostalgic reunion!: Gou reunites with Floette, which hasn't done anything since he left. Will God be able to get her to do something? (7/7)
  • Pokemon World Eeveelution celebrities: What do they know? Do they know things? Let's find out: Meanwhile, Koharu is still unsure on what their do with her future. However, one day an eeveelution expert from a far region with glasses, blue and red hair called Notpenny arrives. and challenges her to a trivia about the eeveelutions. Will Koharu be able to beat Notpenny? (14/7)
  • Return to Yadon Island!: Gou returns to Yadon Island, which has become so popular it's now a themed park. However, a shiny Yadoran does not want to join Gou's party, so the two have a break dance battle. Fourtunately, Satoshiking appears to help Gou! (21/7)
  • The cloud and the Pokemon Catcher: After so many meaningful adventures, Gou learns that Mew was the friends he met along the way...so all of his friends human and Pokemon alike fuse and combine into Mew! How will the climax unfold? (28/7)
The series will have many nostalgic endings...which correspond to the Grammy™ winners Pokemon Shiritori and Supereffective type.

Source (in Spanish)

Back
Top Bottom