• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime & Manga General Discussion

A new miniseries has been announced. It's called Aim to Be a Pokemon Catcher and focuses on the end of Goh's journey.
View attachment 169399

It will start on June 31st and will have 5 episodes which all have been announced:

• Arceus challenge! Catch Pokemon in a Land of Legends!: While travelling through Sinnoh, Arceus appears before Gou and tells him he has to catch all the Pokemon in the region in 22 minutes, and if he suceeds he can catch Arceus. Will Goh be able to do it in time? (31/6)
  • Floette! A nostalgic reunion!: Gou reunites with Floette, which hasn't done anything since he left. Will God be able to get her to do something? (7/7)
  • Pokemon World Eeveelution celebrities: What do they know? Do they know things? Let's find out: Meanwhile, Koharu is still unsure on what their do with her future. However, one day an eeveelution expert from a far region with glasses, blue and red hair called Notpenny arrives. and challenges her to a trivia about the eeveelutions. Will Koharu be able to beat Notpenny? (14/7)
  • Return to Yadon Island!: Gou returns to Yadon Island, which has become so popular it's now a themed park. However, a shiny Yadoran does not want to join Gou's party, so the two have a break dance battle. Fourtunately, Satoshiking appears to help Gou! (21/7)
  • The cloud and the Pokemon Catcher: After so many meaningful adventures, Gou learns that Mew was the friends he met along the way...so all of his friends human and Pokemon alike fuse and combine into Mew! How will the climax unfold? (28/7)
The series will have many nostalgic endings...which correspond to the Grammy™ winners Pokemon Shiritori and Supereffective type.

Source (in Spanish)
I would do unspeakable things for a Goh short-series. I'll write it myself if I have to. Contact me, OLM. I'll do it for free, I swear. I have so many ideas.

I'd call it "Pokemon GO Chronicles" and every episode would be about him attempting to capture a certain Pokemon or focusing on a previously captured Pokémon with some returning supporting characters from the main anime. The new anime will not stop my love of Goh.

Last edited:
A new miniseries has been announced. It's called Aim to Be a Pokemon Catcher and focuses on the end of Goh's journey.
View attachment 169399

It will start on June 31st and will have 5 episodes which all have been announced:

• Arceus challenge! Catch Pokemon in a Land of Legends!: While travelling through Sinnoh, Arceus appears before Gou and tells him he has to catch all the Pokemon in the region in 22 minutes, and if he suceeds he can catch Arceus. Will Goh be able to do it in time? (31/6)
  • Floette! A nostalgic reunion!: Gou reunites with Floette, which hasn't done anything since he left. Will God be able to get her to do something? (7/7)
  • Pokemon World Eeveelution celebrities: What do they know? Do they know things? Let's find out: Meanwhile, Koharu is still unsure on what their do with her future. However, one day an eeveelution expert from a far region with glasses, blue and red hair called Notpenny arrives. and challenges her to a trivia about the eeveelutions. Will Koharu be able to beat Notpenny? (14/7)
  • Return to Yadon Island!: Gou returns to Yadon Island, which has become so popular it's now a themed park. However, a shiny Yadoran does not want to join Gou's party, so the two have a break dance battle. Fourtunately, Satoshiking appears to help Gou! (21/7)
  • The cloud and the Pokemon Catcher: After so many meaningful adventures, Gou learns that Mew was the friends he met along the way...so all of his friends human and Pokemon alike fuse and combine into Mew! How will the climax unfold? (28/7)
The series will have many nostalgic endings...which correspond to the Grammy™ winners Pokemon Shiritori and Supereffective type.

Source (in Spanish)
I would say "who in the world cares for Goh he was a bad character" but I'm sure he had plenty of fans.

Believe it or not, not everyone hates Goh or thinks he was a bad character. It really isn't hard to find Goh fans online.
I still don't understand all the vitriol Goh gets. I don't think he's an especially well-written character and I understand why people wouldn't like him but some of the hate he gets is downright nasty.

I still don't understand all the vitriol Goh gets. I don't think he's an especially well-written character and I understand why people wouldn't like him but some of the hate he gets is downright nasty.
Honestly, I don't understand why Goh gets so much hate either. I can understand most of the major issues people have with him and there are some points that I'd agree with too, but the hate has always felt rather excessive and largely unwarranted. I always found Goh to be a likable character and I'd honestly consider him a highlight of Journeys. The hatred around Goh during the first year of Journeys' run was especially bad. I remember multiple people felt unwelcomed in this section because they liked Goh, which I just think is just sad. I'd like to hope that the hate has cooled down, but I might be a bit too optimistic in that regard.

Sheesh, it was a joke -.- Where's your sense of humor?

Conversation around Ash has eclipsed everything in these last months but Goh's definitely less controversial now, he's mentioned like 5 times in this thread, including in my post.

Sheesh, it was a joke -.- Where's your sense of humor?

Conversation around Ash has eclipsed everything in these last months but Goh's definitely less controversial now, he's mentioned like 5 times in this thread, including in my post.
I don't think anyone was upset over your joke. It took me a second to realize it was fake, but that was because I kept forgetting that it was April Fools Day. I've never really seen the appeal in making up fake announcements or jokes for April Fools. I will say that I truly hate the whole "It's a joke" kind of response, but more so when people use it as a defense/excuse for bullying as opposed to something like this.

I'm pretty sure that we were talking about Goh's reception in general since your joke was pretty harmless and not on the level of the character bashing he'd often get. This really started from the assumption that everyone hates Goh or thinks he was a bad character. I have plenty of characters across the various anime series that I don't like, but I know that they have their fans too.

View attachment 169399

Source (in Spanish)

Are we sure this wasn't an April Fools joke, considering it was announced on April Fools

I hope that Horizons gives the Rising Volt Tacklers’ members more attention than the members of the Sakuragi Laboratory. Prof. Cerise, Kikuna, and Renji got like, one episode of attention each.

I’m sure they’ll each get an episode at least, but I would prefer their presence would amount to more. Getting to learn more about them and their Pokémon would be appreciated.

Same thing goes for the Explorers. I don’t want Zir and Cronia to be generic bad guys for the protagonists to beat up (Even if Rhydon & Golduck aren’t the most interesting Pokémon when they could of been given Paldean Pokémon).

Last edited:
Assuming we really are getting new protagonists every generation and with the introduction of Captain Pikachu, I would imagine we would get a new Pikachu every generation, most likely with some accessory to differentiate from Ash's, too. What are some ideas for potential Pikachu?

I think we would definitely get a girl main Pikachu at some point, probably wearing a bow somewhere as its accessory.

I also wouldn't mind having a Raichu on the main cast for once.

I would say we could get a shiny Pikachu, but it barely changes.

Back
Top Bottom