• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime & Manga General Discussion

In the same vein, I love how Ash's Pidove evolves before the Burgh Gym...the episode right before...where you would think she would get to star in the following Gym, where she has a huge type-advantage in...only to not appear.

But Tepig did, for the 3rd Gym in a row (4 if you count the Nacrene rematch); as well as Pikachu for his second. That always rubbed me the wrong way because logic would dictate you'd use your Pokémon with a 4x advantage over the leader's ace, which would also give said party member much needed spotlight & significance. I think Leavanny restricting Tranquill's ability to fly with its webbing would have been a neat challenge to overcome for her and her Trainer both.

Yeah, poor Pignite did pretty much get trounced all three times it battled Trip; even more insulting as it couldn't defeat the last two opponents it had advantages over. Tying with Vanillite was ridiculous imo.
No, you see, this was totally justified because Pikachu needed to be shoved down the viewers' throats at every opportunity in BW: his species wasn't present in the Unova Pokedex, after all, and that would make people forget who the franchise mascot is supposed to be! We gave Unfezant the Skyla Gym and Pignite a watered-down version of Infernape's and Charizard's plotlines! That's totally good enough for those two! If we gave them any more they might interfere with the Almighty Pika's (who was clearly the only one that needed redemption against the main rival of the saga, btw) precious screentime!/s

No, you see, this was totally justified because Pikachu needed to be shoved down the viewers' throats at every opportunity in BW: his species wasn't present in the Unova Pokedex, after all, and that would make people forget who the franchise mascot is supposed to be!
The longer the show goes without Pikachu doing something important the more time the target audience has to consider that Raichu is vastly superior in the games, and that would be dangerous.

The longer the show goes without Pikachu doing something important the more time the target audience has to consider that Raichu is vastly superior in the games, and that would be dangerous.
Oh, this isn't even necessary to learn that lesson: I became a fan of Pokemon through the anime first, so naturally when I played the games for the first time I used a Pikachu at the first opportunity I got, only to be incredibly disappointed at how much the anime lied about its battle prowess (heck, one of the reasons Jolteon became a favorite of mine is precisely because it did everything I had expected Pikachu to do as an Electric-type: being faster than everything and actually hitting incredibly hard; Pikachu was only alright at doing the former and atrocious at doing the latter). Yes, I know that the Light Ball is a thing, but I was completely unaware of its existence when I was a kid, and even if I had known about it, it's an extremely rare item in the Gen 3 games (the first ones I actually started playing), so I doubt it would've made much of a difference to my experience: why waste so much time trying to find an item with a 5% encounter rate when merely purchasing a Thunderstone and using it on Pikachu yields basically the same results?

Oh, this isn't even necessary to learn that lesson: I became a fan of Pokemon through the anime first, so naturally when I played the games for the first time I used a Pikachu at the first opportunity I got, only to be incredibly disappointed at how much the anime lied about its battle prowess (heck, one of the reasons Jolteon became a favorite of mine is precisely because it did everything I had expected Pikachu to do as an Electric-type: being faster than everything and actually hitting incredibly hard; Pikachu was only alright at doing the former and atrocious at doing the latter). Yes, I know that the Light Ball is a thing, but I was completely unaware of its existence when I was a kid, and even if I had known about it, it's an extremely rare item in the Gen 3 games (the first ones I actually started playing), so I doubt it would've made much of a difference to my experience: why waste so much time trying to find an item with a 5% encounter rate when merely purchasing a Thunderstone and using it on Pikachu yields basically the same results?
Hell, I've always preferred (Kantonian only) Raichu to Pikachu.

I just read the fire red leaf green arc of pokespe and it was so good and I have so many feelings and thoughts about it please let me know if you would like to hear them it’s ok if you don’t I just wanna know

(If that didn’t make sense it’s cuz I’m writing this in the middle of the night)

I just read the fire red leaf green arc of pokespe and it was so good and I have so many feelings and thoughts about it please let me know if you would like to hear them it’s ok if you don’t I just wanna know

(If that didn’t make sense it’s cuz I’m writing this in the middle of the night)
I actually stopped reading the Pokémon manga before I got to FireRed and LeafGreen. I was a bit unsure if those books were worth it to get but now I’m getting convinced that maybe I should check them out.

Out of curiosity, how would you rate the FireRed and LeafGreen arcs in comparison to the others?

I actually stopped reading the Pokémon manga before I got to FireRed and LeafGreen. I was a bit unsure if those books were worth it to get but now I’m getting convinced that maybe I should check them out.

Out of curiosity, how would you rate the FireRed and LeafGreen arcs in comparison to the others?
I 100% recommend reading them!! I love thé dexholders so much!

Well I haven’t read anything past the emerald arc (except for the x and y arc) but I’d say that it was honestly an emotional roller coaster
I loved it so much it was great (that’s literally my reaction for most of adventures lol)

Compared to the other chapters it’s still great I’d give it an 8.5/10

I’ll spoiler my reasons cuz it might be spoilers
What happened to greens parents was so sad and I felt so sad for her because honestly I think she deserves to have a happy reunion with her parents.

The part Deoxys main thing felt a little rushed but it was still super good

It ended with a major cliffhanger Asdfghjkl poor dexholders…

Going back to 2000*, KidsWB would have fun little commercial spots for anything on the block. Even little crossover segments like Men in Black and Superman:

Can't find an upload now, but there was one back in the day hinting to someone leaving Pokémon at the start of the Orange Island episodes. Clark Kent hoping it would be Team Rocket.

So Batman Beyond's episode "Eggbaby" is what you expect. Terry like his classmates having to care for their own egg device for Home Ec and he has to bring the baby along while doing patrol and crime fighting. Like this:

Kind of surprised they didn't edit a clip of the episode like that to put Togepi in place.

*I was 17 going on 18 in 2000, so unless anyone is older, I don't much care for anyone lamenting how old they are.

Going back to 2000*, KidsWB would have fun little commercial spots for anything on the block. Even little crossover segments like Men in Black and Superman:

Can't find an upload now, but there was one back in the day hinting to someone leaving Pokémon at the start of the Orange Island episodes. Clark Kent hoping it would be Team Rocket.

So Batman Beyond's episode "Eggbaby" is what you expect. Terry like his classmates having to care for their own egg device for Home Ec and he has to bring the baby along while doing patrol and crime fighting. Like this:

Kind of surprised they didn't edit a clip of the episode like that to put Togepi in place.

*I was 17 going on 18 in 2000, so unless anyone is older, I don't much care for anyone lamenting how old they are.

I always got a kick out of Kids' WB crossover commercials. I definitely remember seeing that commercial saying that someone would leave Pokemon at the start of the Orange Islands arc. It made it sound pretty dramatic. I don't remember the part about Clark Kent though.

I was checking what Galar Pokemon never got to show up in Journeys and I was thinking... Are Calyrex and the Horses just doomed to never show up in the anime? It's not like regular Pokemon where they can be thrown anywhere. And I can't imagine Horizons or any future series randomly deciding to cover the crown tundra story. Heck they even missed out on cameoing in like, Twilight Wings or something.

I think the lyrics fit well with Liko as a character and how she develops. It isn't as high energy or exciting as Dokimeki Diary but it captures the "journey of self-discovery" vibe well imo.

Back
Top Bottom