• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime & Manga General Discussion

One thing I like seeing in the anime is characters doing things that they don't mainly focus on. I'm talking about things like Brock entering a Contest during the Battle Frontier saga, Ash participating in the Jubilife Contest and the Wallace Cup during Diamond & Pearl, and Dawn participating in an official Gym battle against Maylene. I'd love to see that happen again someday.

One thing I like seeing in the anime is characters doing things that they don't mainly focus on. I'm talking about things like Brock entering a Contest during the Battle Frontier saga, Ash participating in the Jubilife Contest and the Wallace Cup during Diamond & Pearl, and Dawn participating in an official Gym battle against Maylene. I'd love to see that happen again someday.
Maybe Goh In PWC?

Nope Sandy's a Boy.

Girl Eevee's have a Heart Tail like Chloe's.

Sandy has a Regular Eevee Tail. Even when we saw Sandy in Journeys, his Tail remained the same instead of being changed to a heart
No, only the female Partner Eevee had the heart tail back then. However, it wore a necklace in its UG outfit, just like the other male Pokemon.

No, only the female Partner Eevee had the heart tail back then. However, it wore a necklace in its UG outfit, just like the other male Pokemon.
Then we know all the UG Pokemon Genders
Male
Pikachu
Sandy
Marowak
Turtanator
Vikavolt
Rowlet
Poipole
Meltan
Lycanroc
Torracat
Rowlet
Female
Primarina
Togedemaru
Snowy
Tsareena
Shaymin
Also by this we can get Goh's, Chloe's and Ash's new Pokemon's genders when they become Ultra Guardians

Ok but why?
It was such a silly gimmick. Even for PokeAni it beggared belief that there were a group of grown adults who in theory were responsible (the Aether gang +/- Kukui) but that when the shit hits the fan they have to send some children out to fight the fires. I rewatched the Pheroache episode a few days back and the fact that they woke the kids up in the middle of the night, then sent them to school tired, THEN sent them straight back on the mission completely broke my suspension of disbelief!

Then there’s the reused animation, unbelievably extra sentai base somehow under the school and the fact that a lot of these episodes were actually not very engaging...

It was such a silly gimmick. Even for PokeAni it beggared belief that there were a group of grown adults who in theory were responsible (the Aether gang +/- Kukui) but that when the shit hits the fan they have to send some children out to fight the fires. I rewatched the Pheroache episode a few days back and the fact that they woke the kids up in the middle of the night, then sent them to school tired, THEN sent them straight back on the mission completely broke my suspension of disbelief!

Then there’s the reused animation, unbelievably extra sentai base somehow under the school and the fact that a lot of these episodes were actually not very engaging...
Ok

I actually liked the Ultra Guardians. As a child, I became a big fan of Thunderbirds (which they even reference with the UG launch sequence), so I got used to reused launch and suit-up sequences. I was personally engaged.

I actually liked the Ultra Guardians. As a child, I became a big fan of Thunderbirds (which they even reference with the UG launch sequence), so I got used to reused launch and suit-up sequences. I was personally engaged.
Yeah, I liked them too but WHY ARE THEY SENDING CHILDREN TO FIGHT ULTRA BEASTS???

Personally, I really hated the Ultra Guardians. I'm one of the people who really appreciated the slice-of-life aspect of SM, and UG just threw a rake in that. It seemed so childish and silly by comparison. That said, there's no denying that some of those episode were pretty fun, especially the ones featuring Bewear.

Back
Top Bottom