• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime & Manga General Discussion

Curious Question for you Guys

What kind of Team do you think Leon has? :unsure:

We know Charizard and Dragapult are a lock

But what about the other 4 Members?

Even If we consider the GOTCHA! Music Video, to be his "Canon" Team there are at least 2 them might've been omitted from his Team in the Anime:

Charizard
Dragapult
Aegislash
Haxorus
Mr. Rime
Inteleon

Well we know Charizard and Dragapult have already been confirmed.

Mr. Rime and Haxorus are unconfirmed for the time being but still possible tho....

....Unless Iris has Evolved her Axew (tho I seriously doubt she has).

But Aegislash and Inteleon are going to be a little harder to pull off at this point.

Aegislash may be the omitted due to both the Ref and Wikistrom having one. While this may not completely debunk Leon's chances of having one, it does lower the odds quite a bit.

Inteleon might also be omitted depending on what they do with the one we'll see in Episode 54.
Another thing I think lowers the odds of Leon having one is that they chose to debut Inteleon under a Brand New Character despite Leon already being a recurring Character in this series for a long while now.
If the writer's wanted us to believe Leon had an Inteleon it would've made more sense for him to debut it rather than a Random Newcomer, don't ya think? :unsure:

So I wonder what his Team looks like here :whistle:

I don't think Leon is going to have any of the Galar Starters, tbh. The reason for this is that in the games, Leon has a very plot-significant reason for having one (he gets the leftover starter that neither the player nor Hop picked) that flat out doesn't exist in the anime, so him having a starter would just feel plain weird, especially with player stand-in Ash not catching any starters this time around (Grookey might still end up caught by him, but I find it unlikely at this point).

The good thing is that thanks to having multiple possible teams, there is no shortage of game-accurate options to give to Leon: even if we assume that Aegislash and a Galar starter aren't options, there's still just enough Pokemon left over for Leon to have a full team (Charizard, Dragapult, Haxorus, Mr. Rime, Seismitoad, Rhyperior). That said, it's very possible, if not likely, that Leon's team will feature Pokemon that he doesn't use in any version of his fights. The anime has been known to take liberties with game characers' teams: literally all the Johto Gym Leaders had slightly different teams than what they use in the games (though in Johto's case some of these changes were very clearly pragmatic in nature: Ash still had Charizard when he challenged Falkner, so of course that guy needed to be given a power boost to make him a believable challenge; Bugsy would have been hard to take seriously if he used two cocoon Pokemon; and Morty and Clair's teams would have been downright redundant with that extra Haunter and Dragonair respectively), and Kukui's team only shared two Pokemon with his game counterpart in Braviary and Incineroar. So in short it's very likely that something similar will be done for Leon's team, and for all we know Charizard and Dragapult are the only Pokemon that he actually shares with his game counterpart while the rest will be wildcards.

Well the Anime has certainly been doing wonders for Raihan's Popularity in Japan

(If only it worked for Bea tho :()
EsPL_nUVQAQPL9V

So do you guys think we'll see any of these characters in the Anime soon? (Besides Leon and Raihan of course)

Well the Anime has certainly been doing wonders for Raihan's Popularity in Japan

(If only it worked for Bea tho :()
EsPL_nUVQAQPL9V

So do you guys think we'll see any of these characters in the Anime soon? (Besides Leon and Raihan of course)
We will probably see all the galar gym leaders, Hop, Bede and Marnie. I doubt Avery and Klara will show up.

I don't get the Kibana/Raihan hype at all, at least not from the anime's POV. The guy has shown up, what, twice? The second being a major bit part no less. He has done essentially nothing. Why so popular? Is it just because people like his design I don't understand...

I'm surprised Nessa is so low. I guess I overestimated her popularity, I was certain she would be the next to show up in the anime. I guess we'll see.

I never really got the Raihan obsession either, I guess it's just a fashion thing because he's had pretty underwhelming roles in the both the games and the anime. I'd take Piers over him, personally.

I'm surprised Nessa is so low. I guess I overestimated her popularity, I was certain she would be the next to show up in the anime. I guess we'll see.
Nessa's always been more popular in the West than the East.

The majority of Nessa's Fanart comes from the West tbh

Meanwhile Kabu is the opposite. Extremely Popular in Japan but his fanbase is virtually non-existent here

I don't get the Kibana/Raihan hype at all, at least not from the anime's POV. The guy has shown up, what, twice? The second being a major bit part no less. He has done essentially nothing. Why so popular? Is it just because people like his design I don't understand...

I never really got the Raihan obsession either, I guess it's just a fashion thing because he's had pretty underwhelming roles in the both the games and the anime. I'd take Piers over him, personally.
Bombastic pretty boy who's shipped with pretty much everyone. People eat that up. Also, apparently this magazine has a mostly female fanbase, so that probably helped.

I always find it rather awkward that Master 8 is basically Leon, Lance, and Raihan in their glorified, very specific and flashy costumes, and additionally, convincingly overly-simple-designed not even haired five other unremarkable trainers who might not even be named upon given birth because why would they need any specifics anyways.

800px-Masters_Eight_Anime.png
I'm sure they'll get filled in as time goes on. Kind of like the Battle Frontier OP representing the Frontier Brains as silhouettes before they were introduced.

Actually, the vagueness and secrecy of those other 5 members makes me more confident that they will be existing characters. Champions, E4, ect.

Actually, the vagueness and secrecy of those other 5 members makes me more confident that they will be existing characters. Champions, E4, ect.
The exact number of unknown members is interesting:
Known:
1 Leon
2 Raihan
3 Lance

With five leftover slots:
4 Steven
5 Cynthia
6 Alder
7 Diantha
8 ???
I've seen the theory they'll use Gary due to Blue being a Champion in the games. I don't entirely like the idea since as far as I'm concerned that rivalry should have been finished over a decade ago, but I think it's pretty plausible, especially with so many game elements skipped over previously appearing now.
I personally like the idea of Giovanni being one of them, but I'm not sure who it'll be.

The exact number of unknown members is interesting:
Known:
1 Leon
2 Raihan
3 Lance

With five leftover slots:
4 Steven
5 Cynthia
6 Alder
7 Diantha
8 ???
I've seen the theory they'll use Gary due to Blue being a Champion in the games. I don't entirely like the idea since as far as I'm concerned that rivalry should have been finished over a decade ago, but I think it's pretty plausible, especially with so many game elements skipped over previously appearing now.
I personally like the idea of Giovanni being one of them, but I'm not sure who it'll be.
I have a hard time buying Gary as one of the eight. I'm all for him returning to being a serious battler, but becoming one of the strongest people in the world right under Ashes nose is quite a stretch. Plus, the fact that his appearance will happen sooner rather than later places him more in the Hyper Class if anything, if he is indeed participating.

I agree, Giovanni would be the best case scenario. It would be an absolute crime if he and Ash never have a proper high-stakes battle. As the main protagonist and antagonist of the series, they hardly even know each other exist. In general, I wish this series would become way more Team Rocket focused, but that's another story.

Anyway, one thing's for sure. One of the eight is getting the short end of the stick, when Ash kicks them out of the Master Class to take their place. I vote Alder.

I personally like how the banning of Earthquake and Magnitude from the anime can be circumvented these days with the use of Bulldoze, a move that didn't exist when the ban was put into effect and serves pretty much the same purpose as the two aforementioned moves in the anime.

And just last week we had Galarfetch'd shaking the ground with an improvised move rather than an official named move.

I personally like how the banning of Earthquake and Magnitude from the anime can be circumvented these days with the use of Bulldoze, a move that didn't exist when the ban was put into effect and serves pretty much the same purpose as the two aforementioned moves in the anime.
Earth Power is also another move that involves shaking the ground that circumvented the ban. I think the reason these moves avoided the ban, aside from them being introduced after it, is the fact that they're arguably "tamer" than Earthquake, Magnitude and Fissure, whose names even directly allude to or are strongly associated with the earthshaking natural disaster. Maybe Earth Power does kinda push it a bit on the naming department, but it does sound just fantastical and detached enough to avoid any direct unfortunate connotations.

so i’m watching an episode of the pokemon anime but everything is in japanese, even the literal subtitles. anyone else do this? just wanted to put this into the universe.

Gotta say I'm liking Rinto so far. Aside from looking eerily similar to Wally, he's shaping up to be a unique rival for Ash. He hits a nice balance between being a friendly and jerk rival, as he criticises Farfetch'd but genuinely wants it to get better. Then he straight up compliments him, saying how it holds immense potential, and looks forward to seeing Ash battle in sync with it. He gave Ash honest criticisms of its battle style and showed this in their battle, making sure to use false swipe to avoid causing any serious damage. The fact that he introduced himself to Farfetch'd directly and requested it to battle him says a lot about his character. He's to Farfetch'd what Bea was to Riolu. I'm really looking forward to seeing him again, hopefully even in the PWC.

Also he has that awesome song playing in his introduction. You know things are getting good whenever that track plays.

Back
Top Bottom