• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime & Manga General Discussion

Overall, I think the Alola League is severely underrated, and many people's judgment of it is clouded by bias and saltiness towards the Kalos League, instead of trying to objectively judge it on its own. Also, while I'm ready to believe the victory was an "apology" for the Kalos League finals, I also think it could've just as much been a reference to the Alola games, where the player character and the first Champion of Alola is originally from Kanto.
Alola league was the best one by far. Ash winning has way more significance than just being 'damage control' for the Kalos league. Had he not beaten Gladion, he wouldn't have been able to battle Kukui and Tapu Koko in the first place, which has so much emotional significance to the plot and themes of Alola. I doubt the writers would've left those loose threads.

I have never seen an anime fandom has biased and as full of hatred as some were towards SM. Even the people that hate Journeys just don’t watch every single episode and are just apathetic but during SM even the people that hated it still watched it every week and commented on it, shows you the magic.

A poll has been conducted this month on an official website to determine which Pokémon movie is the most popular one in each of the first five series.

• Original series: Pokémon Heroes: Latios & Latias
  • Ruby & Sapphire: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew
  • Diamond and Pearl: The Rise of Darkrai
  • Black & White: Genesect and the Legend Awakened
  • XY: Hoopa and the Clash of Ages

The BW and XY movies really aren't much to write home about, and mainly exist to promote the new event Pokemon with story coming second. Serena, Bonnie and Clemont aren't even in the manga for the Volcanian movie, and it doesn't impact the story at all.

A poll has been conducted this month on an official website to determine which Pokémon movie is the most popular one in each of the first five series.

I can agree with each one of these except for DP. I don't know why but I haven't felt why Rise of Darkrai is praised so much. I mean it's a good movie but completely overrated in my opinion and the other DP Movies were much better than it imo.

I absolutely adored Heroes and Lucario and the Mystery of Mew, so I'm especially happy seeing those on the list :enzap: Also adored the Deoxys movie but sometimes I feel like a minority in that lol.

I really hope that Hop won't get the Hau SM treatment. I wouldn't be surprised if he did, but it would be such a massive disappointment.
Better to not have him appear at all if this is the case.

Also yuck to the Hoopa movie being the most popular of the XY movies. Goes to show just how much of a waste of time those movies were outside of the last one.

No, I loved Destiny Deoxys! I was actually kind of surprised it didn’t beat out Lucario.

Lucario and the Mystery of Mew is held up as one of the best post-Indigo League series movies full stop. Interesting setting, great backstory, fantastic character work and Lucario is incredibly well fleshed out for a guest Pokemon. Usually they're there to promote something or have a gimmick, but Lucario has a whole character arc. The lack of an antagonist is also refreshing, since the plot is a rescue mission rather than a save the world thing. We Will Meet Again goes without saying.

I do enjoy Destiny Deoxys, and LaRousse City is a great locale for how it uses technology. Having a crippling fear of Pokemon in a world full of them and living in a population hub can't be easy.

Lucario and the Mystery of Mew is held up as one of the best post-Indigo League series movies full stop. Interesting setting, great backstory, fantastic character work and Lucario is incredibly well fleshed out for a guest Pokemon. Usually they're there to promote something or have a gimmick, but Lucario has a whole character arc. The lack of an antagonist is also refreshing, since the plot is a rescue mission rather than a save the world thing. We Will Meet Again goes without saying.
I mean honestly I have no idea what the actual ratings are, I was just basing it off of my own opinion and that of some of my friends. I do enjoy LatMoM, but I still generally prefer DD for its characters and plot. This Side of Paradise is also a nostalgic song for me.

GROOKEY IS COMING ON MAY 12!!!

View: https://twitter.com/pakugyu/status/1359687492144828417?s=19

So Grookey already has a Trainer eh?

Seems a little repetitive to do the same "Trainer Abandons their Pokémon" plotline after we had Gengar for that already.

Not to mention there will be a LOT of comparisons to Chimchar. (Both Abandoned Monkey Starters)

But also Grookey seems a little too happy in the Previews if it's indeed an abandoned Pokémon? So that's a bit strange

I knew Japan had a weird obsession with this movie, but not to the point it could beat Movie 1. Hopefully it leads to Bianca returning since she was somewhat interesting.
The most popular movies post-OS, even in the west, so it's not a surprise.
I guess controversy and nostalgic Pokemon made more of an impact than what the other 4 movies did.

GROOKEY IS COMING ON MAY 12!!!

View: https://twitter.com/pakugyu/status/1359687492144828417?s=19

So Grookey already has a Trainer eh?

Seems a little repetitive to do the same "Trainer Abandons their Pokémon" plotline after we had Gengar for that already.

Not to mention there will be a LOT of comparisons to Chimchar. (Both Abandoned Monkey Starters)

But also Grookey seems a little too happy in the Previews if it's indeed an abandoned Pokémon? So that's a bit strange

Could potentially be traded or given away without it feeling like a rehash. I guess we can only wait and see what actually happens.

Happy Valentine's Day bmgf anime subforum gang :bulbaLove:

1613309975524.png

Back
Top Bottom