• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime & Manga General Discussion

Hey, guys! Despite Dracovish’s popularity among competitive fans, do you think that Ash’s Dracovish should need more frequent screen time in the Pokémon main anime? Why?

Hey, guys! Despite Dracovish’s popularity among competitive fans, do you think that Ash’s Dracovish should need more frequent screen time in the Pokémon main anime? Why?
Dracovish hasn't shown up since it was caught, but it needs more screentime. This series has a huuuuuuuge issue balancing Ash's team screentime. In the most recent 6 episodes(Including JN056), G-Farfetch'd has 2 appearances, Lucario had 1, and Pikachu obviously appeared in all of them. This is also partly because of the fact that Ash tends to get sidelined often.

Unfortunately I'm actually sort of struggling to remember where I can find a good rocketshipping screencap
Can't go wrong with a classic:

Q9Lr.gif

Bulbagarden Twitter person also did good tbh:

View: https://twitter.com/Bulbagarden/status/1360982131762098184?s=20

Has anyone one here seen every episode of Journeys so far? I have some questions to ask that i feel won’t fit this thread.

It seems Pokemon Journeys has replaced its Series Director... more about that here...

It seems Pokemon Journeys has replaced its Series Director... more about that here...

Does that mean that Ash will get more focus?

So I'm finally catching up with eps (was still on 49 by the time 56 came out), at 55 now. Just want to say I really love Chloe, and Eevee and Galarian Ponyta are so cute T_T <3 I'm really glad she's been getting a bigger role and am looking forward to seeing more of her. She looks a lot more interested/happier as episodes go by, it's sweet to see!

On a serious note, how would DP Remakes affect the Anime. I'll make a separate thread to discuss that tomorrow if they are indeed announced.

View: https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/1364923859326169089

Hopefully, it would cause them to bring back Dawn for an episode or two (or more) and also have Ash call back some of his Sinnoh Pokémon to maybe help train the rest of his current team. Maybe they'll show off some Contests and cause Chloe to look into them or at least consider them if she decides to get into Pokémon Training and eventually go on a Pokémon Journey.

Ugh, God, if it really is Gen IV remakes and if they can bring back Contests (even for a one off exhibition!) (with the caveat the Musashi is allowed to participate) it'll be like I've died and gone to heaven... :notworthy:
As much as I do like her as a ''villain'', I do think a nice ending for her would be of a ''reformed'' Jessie coming back to Sinnoh, as herself this time, and actually winning the Grand Festival. I do like how they showed us that she deserved to be in the semi-finals and she was actually really good as a Coordinator. But I guess I will have to dream of this lol.

As much as I do like her as a ''villain'', I do think a nice ending for her would be of a ''reformed'' Jessie coming back to Sinnoh, as herself this time, and actually winning the Grand Festival. I do like how they showed us that she deserved to be in the semi-finals and she was actually really good as a Coordinator. But I guess I will have to dream of this lol.

Incidentally I find that BW's approach to altering Team Rocket would have been better served two ways. Have Butch and Cassidy become the more serious villainous Rockets, while our favorite trio a season beforehand would have an arc putting them on the path to redemption.

And if the reception is well met then BW and up could have them as recurring/main characters outside of Team Rocket. Kind of like unofficial traveling companions who just happen to meet up with Ash, but not actually serving the Brock, Misty, May, Dawn, Iris, Cilan, etc, role.

Heck Sun and Moon at times they seem less like criminals planning an evil scheme and just people trying to get by.

Back
Top Bottom