• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime & Manga General Discussion

It was too thin for that.
Ash_Squirtle_Hydro_Pump.png

For Iris's return it would have been cool if they pulled a BW Charizard and bring back Gible for the series birth of Garchomp but that is literally impossible :cry:

On one hand, I can kind of see why Chloe wasn't treated as a main character when they were slowly making her more interested in Pokemon with most of her focused episodes. Plus, trying to include her with Ash and Goh when she didn't have her own Pokemon or knew how she felt about them would have been kind of tricky. But it is still baffling to me that they didn't have a prominent female lead in the cast from the start and that Chloe isn't still considered part of the main cast.

On one hand, I can kind of see why Chloe wasn't treated as a main character when they were slowly making her more interested in Pokemon with most of her focused episodes. Plus, trying to include her with Ash and Goh when she didn't have her own Pokemon or knew how she felt about them would have been kind of tricky. But it is still baffling to me that they didn't have a prominent female lead in the cast from the start and that Chloe isn't still considered part of the main cast.
The way she's being portrayed in the OP really makes me feel that they at least acknowledge her as part of the main cast now, even if she's still not a full blown main character. I kinda like that they've taken their time with Koharu, though, wish they would have done the same with Serena.

Chloe has quite a lot of potential but they should've used her more since the beggining. She did nothing in the first year and is barely doing anything now.

Fun fact: There was a joke in the brazillian fandom that her first Pokémon should be a Grass type, due to her being a plant herself. A bit of context: Here in a Brazil, a ''Plant'' in a show, be a reality TV or any other media, is a person/character who does nothing to move the plot forward and has no impact on the story. So esseantially, that individual has the same weight in the narrative as a plant in the set decoration lol.

Fun fact: There was a joke in the brazillian fandom that her first Pokémon should be a Grass type, due to her being a plant herself. A bit of context: Here in a Brazil, a ''Plant'' in a show, be a reality TV or any other media, is a person/character who does nothing to move the plot forward and has no impact on the story. So esseantially, that individual has the same weight in the narrative as a plant in the set decoration lol.
Grookey?

This reminds me of a joke that was passed around Finnish schoolyards at least back in the days of the Pokémania, and is probably still passed around today. In Finnish, the word "paras" means "the best", so it was funny to us to see a Pokémon whose name was literally that word, and yet, it was obviously far from being the best Pokémon around.

This reminds me of a joke that was passed around Finnish schoolyards at least back in the days of the Pokémania, and is probably still passed around today. In Finnish, the word "paras" means "the best", so it was funny to us to see a Pokémon whose name was literally that word, and yet, it was obviously far from being the best Pokémon around.
Paras Sucks

I remember saying this last year and was getting laughed at. Now it what I said has turned out to be true! Dragonite & GENGAR DIDN'T EVEN APPEAR FOR 20 EPISODES! If it was caught as a Dratini it would have undeservedly evolved! They gave Ash fully evolved Pokemon like Dragonite & Gengar because they knew if they were Dratini or Gastly they would not evolve at all! LAZY AND BORING WRITING!

I remember saying this last year and was getting laughed at. Now it what I said has turned out to be true! Dragonite & GENGAR DIDN'T EVEN APPEAR FOR 20 EPISODES! If it was caught as a Dratini it would have undeservedly evolved! They gave Ash fully evolved Pokemon like Dragonite & Gengar because they knew if they were Dratini or Gastly they would not evolve at all! LAZY AND BORING WRITING!

They just wanted to get fans hyped by giving Ash fan favoruites.

Back
Top Bottom