• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime & Manga General Discussion

Here is my Pokémon Adventures inspired anime teams. I saw this somewhere but I don't remeber where and I wanted to do my own version.

Red:
Pikachu
Charmander->Charmeleon->Charizard
Nidoran->Nidorino->Nidoking
Eevee->Jolteon
Lapras
Snorlax

Blue:
Pidgey->Pidgeotto->Pidgeot
Squirtle->Wartortle->Blastoise
Kadabra->Alakazam
Machoke->Machamp
Eevee->Flareon
Rhyhorn->Rhydon

Green:
Jigglypuff->Wigglytuff
Bulbasaur->Ivysaur->Venusaur
Clefairy->Clefable
Eevee->Vaporeon

Gold:
Togepi->Togetic->Togekiss
Cyndaquil->Quilava>Typhlosion
Mareep->Flaaffy->Ampharos
Heracross
Poliwag->Poliwhirl->Politoed
Eevee->Umbreon

Silver:
Sneasel->Weavile
Totodile->Croconaw->Feraligatr
Gastly->Haunter->Gengar
Zubat->Golbat->Crobat
Magneton->Magnezone
Seadra->Kingdra

Crystal:
Chikorita->Bayleef->Meganium
Eevee->Espeon
Chansey->Blissey

Brendan:
Ralts->Kirlia->Gardevoir
Elektrike->Manetric
Taillow->Swellow
Treecko->Grovyle->Sceptile
Trapinch->Vibrava->Flygon
Feebas->Milotic

May:
Skitty->Delcatty
Torchic->Combusken->Blaziken
Azurill->Marill->Azumarill
Shroomish->Breloom

Wally:
Ralts->Kirlia->Gallade
Mudkip->Marshtomp->Swampert
Roselia
Altaria

Lucas:
Starly->Staravia->Staraptor
Chimchar->Monferno->Infernape
Shinx->Luxio->Luxray
Buizel->Floatzel
Gible->Gabite->Garchomp
Riolu->Lucario

Dawn:
Bidoof
Turtwig->Grotle->Torterra
Kadabra
Clefairy

Barry:
Heracross
Piplup->Prinplup->Empoleon
Ponyta->Rapidash
Munchlax->Snorlax
Budew->Roselia->Roserade
Gligar->Gliscor

Hilbert:
Oshawott->Dewott
Pansage
Sewaddle->Swadloon->Leavanny
Darumaka->Darmanitan
Litwick->Lampent->Chandelure
Sandile->Krokorok->Krookodile
Roggenrola->Boldore->Gigalith
Axew->Fraxure->Haxorus

Bianca:
Tepig->Pignite
Panpour
Munna
Lillipup->Herdier->Stoutland

Cheren:
Snivy->Servine
Pansear
Pidove
Purrloin->Liepard

Nate:
Riolu->Lucario
Oshawott->Dewott->Samurott
Mareep->Flaffy->Ampharos
Pansage
Braviary
Growlithe->Arcanine

Rosa:
Cotonee->Whimsicott
Snivy->Servine->Serpireor
Panpour
Mandibuzz
Munna->Musharna

Hugh:
Pidove->Tranquill->Unfezant
Tepig->Pignite->Emboar
Pansear
Bouffalant
Eelektrik->Eelektross

Calem:
Fletching->Fletchinder->Talonflame
Froakie->Frogadier->Greninja
Charmander->Charmeleon->Charizard (Mega X)
Hawlucha
Lucario (Mega)
Noibat->Noivern

Serena:
Fletching->Fletchinder
Fennekin->Braixen
Pancham
Eevee->Sylveon
Absol (Mega)

Shauna:
Fletching->Fletchinder
Chespin
Skitty

Tierno:
Fletchling->Fletchinder
Corphish

Trevor:
Fletchling->Fletchinder
Pikachu->Raichu

Sun:
Rowlet->Dartix->Decidueye
Grubbin->Charjabug->Vikavolt
Rockruff->Lycanroc (Dusk)
Dewpider->Araquanid
Fletching->Fletchinder->Talonflame
A-Vulpix->A-Ninetales

Moon:
Litten->Torracat
Mareanie
Corsola

Lillie:
Cosmog->Cosmoem->Solgaleo

Hau:
Popplio->Brionne
Pichu->Pikahcu->A-Raichu
Eevee

Gladion:
Type: Null->Silvally
Zorua->Zoroark
Zubat->Crobat (Never seen as a Golbat)
Lucario
Weavile

Victor:
Rookidee->Corvisquire->Corviknight (G-Max)
Grookey->Thwackey->Rillaboom (G-Max)
Yamper->Boltund
Chewtle->Drednaw (G-Max)
G-Fetch'd->Sirfetch'd
Toxel->Toxtiricity (G-Max)
Sizzlipede->Centiscorch (G-Max)
Impidimp->Morgrem->Grimsnarl (G-Max)
Clobopus->Grraploct
Dreepy->Drakloak->Dragapult
Zacian
Kubfu->Urshifu (Dark Type, G-Max)

Gloria:
Gossifleur->Eldegoss
Scorbunny->Raboot->Cinderace (G-Max)
Milcery->Alcreamie (G-Max)
Hattena->Hattrem->Hatterene (G-Max)
Snom->Frosmoth

Hop:
Wooloo->Dubwool
Sobble->Drizzile->Inteleon (G-Max)
Cramorant
Snorlax
Pinchurchin
Zamazenta

Hello I am new here. My favorite series is XY.

Hi, welcome to Bulba and the pokeani forum!

I didn't watch most of XY (plan to catch up sometime) but loved what I did see. Ash's battle against Clemont was one of the best battles out there, and the Japanese XY&Z opening was also awesome <3

Hi, welcome to Bulba and the pokeani forum!

I didn't watch most of XY (plan to catch up sometime) but loved what I did see. Ash's battle against Clemont was one of the best battles out there, and the Japanese XY&Z opening was also awesome <3
One of the best Gym battles, definitely, but I think we've seen better overall battles in the anime.

One of the best Gym battles, definitely, but I think we've seen better overall battles in the anime.

Yeah, we definitely have, but it's still high up there in my favorites list. They did really well with art direction and music. It was super impactful!

But Ash vs Kukui will permanently retain that #1 spot for favorite battle to me. \o/

Hopefully this is the right topic to share this. After watching one of Pokeraf's videos, I saw this video in my recommended section:

View: https://youtu.be/A6-Mx21bRj0

Yes, it's a Goh related video. However, I think it's worth watching. The video has gotten a lot of views in the span of a day and the guy did a great job at dissecting this subject in my opinion.

I think Ash catching 30 Tauros back in season 1 was originally planned to be a one-off thing. Unlike Muk and Krabby/Kingler, Ash didn't use any of them in battle for the entirety of the Indigo League arc. My guess is it was just meant to be a joke that he was trying to catch many Pokémon but only caught Tauros because they kept running in his line of aim, and then they'd never be seen again once the joke had been said and done. Would fit the type of humor and writing that season 1 is known for. And then the anime ended up becoming longer than just one season, and this joke had to be lived with for the sake of continuity, even if Ash was never going to use most of his Tauros in battle.

I think Ash catching 30 Tauros back in season 1 was originally planned to be a one-off thing. Unlike Muk and Krabby/Kingler, Ash didn't use any of them in battle for the entirety of the Indigo League arc. My guess is it was just meant to be a joke that he was trying to catch many Pokémon but only caught Tauros because they kept running in his line of aim, and then they'd never be seen again once the joke had been said and done. Would fit the type of humor and writing that season 1 is known for. And then the anime ended up becoming longer than just one season, and this joke had to be lived with for the sake of continuity, even if Ash was never going to use most of his Tauros in battle.

Funnily enough however, Tauros has gotten more screentime than Kingler and Muk combined because of it. So in the end, it wasn't such a bad decison after all.

Yeah, it could be the case indeed. Just checked here on Bulbapedia, the Miniryuu episode aired in late-1997, a little before the Pokemon Shock. I assume the anime hadn't been extended until after the incident took place, thus making that possibility perhaps possible. For me it seems like a joke as well, especially in the end when Ookido-hakase is stamped by them during the capture reveal.

And now remembering, the first time Satoshi used one of his Kentaros was in the finals of the Orange League, long after it got caught.

So does anyone know what exactly determines Ash's "ace" for each league? Like, is Greninja really one of Ash's "aces"?! Specifically for the Kalos league?! Because last I checked, the only significant thing it did was beat Sawyer's Sceptile.

So does anyone know what exactly determines Ash's "ace" for each league? Like, is Greninja really one of Ash's "aces"?! Specifically for the Kalos league?! Because last I checked, the only significant thing it did was beat Sawyer's Sceptile.
It's considered Ash's Ace since it was the Gen 6 Shillmon and had the most Development out of all the Kalos Team

It's considered Ash's Ace since it was the Gen 6 Shillmon and had the most Development out of all the Kalos Team

Development as in strength? What development exactly did it have? As far as I'm concerned, Pikachu was Ash's ace for Kalos(and ignoring the blatant factor that the other pokemon just got annoyingly shafted to the side...). The shillmon thing seems more likely, though its annoying that it's considered the ace for that reason. I guess I just think it's overrated, since it has little personality, and didn't have much development. It got stronger-big deal: its first official battle had it defeating a god damn onix. It getting stronger is not significant, it doesn't have anything notable about its personality, so I agree with what you say about it being the Gen 6 shillmon, but disagree about it getting the most development, because it didn't.

Last edited:
Are you being intentionally sarcastic or ignorant by any chance? Do I really need to count everything Greninja got

...I dunno, ignorant? I edited the post like three times so...more of me being an idiot if anything.

But what exactly do you mean when you say "everything Greninja got"? I think you might have gotten some parts of your post deleted because I don't understand what you're asking...

All in all though, in general, I just think that Greninja's overrated(probably should stop mentioning it constantly tho...). Yeah, its strong, I don't disagree, but it being the ace of Kalos just feels a bit iffy to me. I don't recall any significant development to its character out of Ash's kalos pokemon-I think Goodra got more development, honestly.

...I dunno, ignorant? I edited the post like three times so...more of me being an idiot if anything.

But what exactly do you mean when you say "everything Greninja got"? I think you might have gotten some parts of your post deleted because I don't understand what you're asking...

All in all though, in general, I just think that Greninja's overrated(probably should stop mentioning it constantly tho...). Yeah, its strong, I don't disagree, but it being the ace of Kalos just feels a bit iffy to me. I don't recall any significant development to its character out of Ash's kalos pokemon-I think Goodra got more development, honestly.
I quoted you while you were mid edit I guess since it only had the first three lines when I quoted you, suddenly the rest popped up and I deleted my comment since it just chalks up to everyone having different definitions of ace and your clear distaste of greninja, so I felt that there was nothing of value for me to add.

2.) Rowlet (Yes I'm counting him don't @ me)
Dammit, I forgot about that bunch of adorablenes...

I quoted you while you were mid edit I guess since it only had the first three lines when I quoted you, suddenly the rest popped up and I deleted my comment since it just chalks up to everyone having different definitions of ace and your clear distaste of greninja, so I felt that there was nothing of value for me to add.
Meh, it happens. Though I apologize if I came off as ignorant beforehand. :bulbaLove:

Back
Top Bottom