• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime & Manga General Discussion

He did earn it: AFTERWARD. This simple fact does more harm than good, as if Goh had gotten Suicune AFTER it had so much bonding with it-then maybe it would've been a little bit more believable. It also would've made the "Goh releases Suicune" scene in the episode less redundant, as the final scene instead could've been Suicune giving Goh permission to capture him as a sign of respect-which Goh had in fact earned at that point in the episode. However, instead, there's no buildup to Suicune's capture, leading later scenes to feel redundant, and the entire scene where Goh first catches Suicune is treated lightly-comical faces and comedic timing. That's why people are saying Goh was handed Suicune on a "silver platter" because by all accounts, he didn't earn it when he caught Suicune.
Maybe he didn't earn it when he caught it, but catching it was his way of getting it freed from the hunters. And he only intended to catch it temporarily until it was healed and the hunters were dealt with. It was Suicune's choice to stay with Goh. Goh was completely unselfish.

In my opinion, Goh catching Suicune, bonding with it, and wanting to release it afterwards, only for it to choose to stay with him, is just as good if he had bonded with it before catching it.
Wait didn't Snorlax just ice punch the daylights out of Harrison Hypno for waking it up how was that serious
No. It woke up after Hypno used Dream Eater on it, and was angry for its sleep getting disturbed. On Ash's command, it then defeated Hypno with a Hyper Beam, and went on to get one more KO later on in the battle against Steelix.
Nostalgia goggles.
No. Snorlax came into the battle asleep, but fought seriously from the moment it woke up. Rowlet fell asleep during the battle because gag.
Rowlet battled against strong opponents and won
Through plot armor and techniques it had earned way too easily.

Through plot armor and techniques it had earned way too easily.
Not at all. Here are all of Rowlet's wins:
Yungoos: Won fare and square
Crabrawler: Used a clever stealth techinuqe
Probopass: Tag teamed with Rockruff used clever strategy and a Z-Move
Decidueye: You know this one
Braviary: Didn't use ''Plot Armor Dance'' and defeated it without getting hurt.

In my opinion, Goh catching Suicune, bonding with it, and wanting to release it afterwards, only for it to choose to stay with him, is just as good if he had bonded with it before catching it.
Through plot armor and actions he had earned way too easily.
That was some convoluted writing. At least the gags made some people laugh...

It didn't. Kukui and Empoleon's reactions to its defensive capabilities were just portrayed in a comedic fashion, as SM tended to do. There was nothing gag-like in the strategies used.
It did. It took everything and that was meant to be funny. Heck and it was simmilar to Rowlet. First something funny then 1 Hit KO

I ranked all of Ash's Pokémon by type:

Normal:
  1. Snorlax
  2. Staraptor
  3. Swellow
  4. Aipom
  5. Noctowl
  6. Pidgeot
  7. Tauros
  8. Unfezant
Fire:
  1. Infernape
  2. Charizard
  3. Incineroar
  4. Talonflame
  5. Quilava
  6. Pignite
  7. Torkoal
Water:
  1. Greninja
  2. Oshawott
  3. Squirtle
  4. Buizel
  5. Corphish
  6. Kingler
  7. Lapras
  8. Totodile
  9. Dracovish
  10. Palpitoad
Electric:
  1. Pikachu
Grass:
  1. Sceptile
  2. Rowlet
  3. Grookey (Yes I'm in denial)
  4. Bulbasaur
  5. Bayleef
  6. Leavanny
  7. Torterra
  8. Snivy
Ice:
  1. Glalie
  2. Lapras
Fighting:
  1. Infernape
  2. Hawlucha
  3. Heracross
  4. Sirfetch'd
  5. Lucario
  6. Scraggy
  7. Pignite
  8. Primeape
Poison:
  1. Bulbasaur
  2. Gengar
  3. Naganadel
  4. Muk
Ground:
  1. Krookodile
  2. Gliscor
  3. Donphan
  4. Torterra
  5. Gible
  6. Palpitoad
Flying:
  1. Charizard
  2. Rowlet
  3. Staraptor
  4. Talonflame
  5. Swellow
  6. Hawlucha
  7. Gliscor
  8. Dragonite
  9. Butterfree
  10. Noctowl
  11. Pidgeot
  12. Noivern
  13. Unfezant
Psychic:
  1. Mr. Mime
Bug:
  1. Heracross
  2. Leavanny
  3. Butterfree
Rock:
  1. Lycanroc
  2. Boldore
Ghost:
  1. Gengar
Dragon:
  1. Dragonite
  2. Naganadel
  3. Gible
  4. Goodra
  5. Dracovish
Dark:
  1. Greninja
  2. Krookodile
  3. Scraggy
Steel:
  1. Melmetal
  2. Lucario
Fairy:
  1. Mr. Mime

Grookey (Yes I'm in denial)
tenor.gif

You know, after seeing it getting mentioned a couple of times, I think Unfezant was done dirty. She looked like a Pokemon with tons of potential. That battle against Swanna was a godd example of that. She was pretty courageous, and like,,, you could just feel she had way more to offer than those pathetics loses.

I think that if either Ash's rotation team was better done, or he had a classic 6 Pokemon team, I do think that Pokemon would've been treated better.

You know, after seeing it getting mentioned a couple of times, I think Unfezant was done dirty. She looked like a Pokemon with tons of potential. That battle against Swanna was a godd example of that. She was pretty courageous, and like,,, you could just feel she had way more to offer than those pathetics loses.

I think that if either Ash's rotation team was better done, or he had a classic 6 Pokemon team, I do think that Pokemon would've been treated better.
The problem was really in the fact that BW, like season 1, gave most of the focus on the starters (and Scraggy, because of its various antics, I assume). That really ended up resulting in most of Ash's Unova Pokémon, including Unfezant and especially Palpitoad, to get way less attention than they should've gotten.

Back
Top Bottom