• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime & Manga General Discussion

I ranked all of Ash's Pokémon by type:

Ooh, fun! Let me try-only I'll be doing it by PERSONALITY, CHARACTERIZATION, and STORY:

Normal
  1. Aipom
  2. Snorlax
  3. Staraptor
  4. Unfezant
  5. Tauros
  6. Pidgeot
  7. Swellow
  8. Noctowl
Fire:
  1. Infernape
  2. Charizard
  3. Torkoal
  4. Incineroar
  5. Pignite
  6. Quilava
  7. Talonflame
Water:
  1. Buizel
  2. Squirtle
  3. Corphish
  4. Oshawott
  5. Totodile
  6. Dracovish
  7. Kingler
  8. Greninja
  9. Lapras
  10. Palpitoad
Electric:
  1. Pikachu(LMAO)
Grass(is it just me or are these the ones with the most personality...):
  1. Rowlet
  2. Snivy
  3. Bayleef
  4. Bulbasaur
  5. Sceptile
  6. Torterra
  7. Leavanny
Ice:
  1. Glalie
  2. Lapras
Fighting:
  1. Hawlucha
  2. Infernape
  3. Scraggy
  4. Lucario
  5. Pignite
  6. Primeape
  7. Sirfetch'd
  8. Heracross
Poison(well this was a hard one...):
  1. Naganadel
  2. Bulbasaur
  3. Muk
  4. Gengar
Ground:
  1. Gliscor
  2. Donphan
  3. Krookodile
  4. Gible
  5. Torterra
  6. Palpitoad
Flying:
  1. Rowlet
  2. Hawlucha
  3. Gliscor
  4. Charizard
  5. Staraptor
  6. Dragonite
  7. Talonflame
  8. Swellow
  9. Noivern
  10. Butterfree
  11. Pidgeot
  12. Unfezant
  13. Noctowl
Psychic:
  1. Mr. Mime
Bug:
  1. Leavanny
  2. Butterfree
  3. Heracross
Rock:
  1. Lycanroc
  2. Boldore
Ghost:
  1. Gengar
Dragon:
  1. Goodra
  2. Naganadel
  3. Dragonite
  4. Gible
  5. Dracovish
Dark:
  1. Krookodile
  2. Scraggy
  3. Greninja
Steel:
  1. Melmetal
  2. Lucario
Fairy:
  1. Mr. Mime

1. Buizel
  2. Squirtle
  3. Corphish
  4. Oshawott
  5. Totodile
  6. Dracovish
  7. Kingler
  8. Greninja
  9. Lapras
  10. Palpitoad
Are you sure it’s not based on preference as well? Because Dracovish has no personality, no story and no characterisation, so Kingler, Greninja and Lapras by default should be above it. They all pretty objectively have more of all of it, specially Greninja (even though you may not like it)...

Are you sure it’s not based on preference as well? Because Dracovish has no personality, no story and no characterisation, so Kingler, Greninja and Lapras by default should be above it. They all pretty objectively have more of all of it, specially Greninja (even though you may not like it)...
Dracovish has a cute personality

Hm...maybe. I put Dracovish in that spot because I thought its habit of chewing on people's heads happily kind of cute, but it definitely makes more sense as to the others being above it:

1. Buizel
2. Squirtle
3. Corphish
4. Oshawott
5. Totodile
6. Greninja
7. Kingler
8. Lapras
9. Dracovish
10. Palpitoad(tho, to be honest I think this one is always going to end up on the bottom cause I know literally jack about its personality...)

No. It woke up after Hypno used Dream Eater on it, and was angry for its sleep getting disturbed. On Ash's command, it then defeated Hypno with a Hyper Beam, and went on to get one more KO later on in the battle against Steelix.
Yeah but the Hypno situation wasn't serious and when did Rowlet not do anything on command

It wasn't. Not from point on when Rowlet fell asleep.
I mean it always had narcolepsy and it was the on that wanted to battle Hau Decidueye also how was Snorlax sleeping when called to action, getting woken up angry and blasting Hypno on command any more serious

That was honestly one of the worst League battles ever and definitely the worst one in the Alola League. They let the whole fakeout loss play out waaay too long before calling it out. Also, Rowlet sure proved was motivated for the battle by falling asleep in the middle of it!
I can relate to him I just wanna sleep all they even when doing my fave stuff

I don’t see how it makes any one situation better or worse? Both are gag

I was annoyed at the Rowlet battle too, but demonising the bird to the point that it influences how you view the entire species is kind of extreme.
Snorlax's gag was better timed, felt less forced, and didn't eat too much screentime.

Okay, maybe you're right. But at least I can say with confidence that Ash's Rowlet's nickname of "G O D" is undeserved.
I can relate to him I just wanna sleep all they even when doing my fave stuff
It was a very badly timed and poorly paced gag.

I really do think Rowlet should've lost there, and honestly felt soo bad for Hau. T_T Wasn't an awful battle or anything but still wasn't my favorite because of how it won. Still, we had some great battles in the Alola league in general, from my favorite battle of all time (Ash vs Kukui) to one of the most brutal/tough-to-watch ones out there (Lana vs Guzma). Yeesh that one was dark to me lol.

It did. It took everything and that was meant to be funny. Heck and it was simmilar to Rowlet. First something funny then 1 Hit KO

I ranked all of Ash's Pokémon by type:

Normal:
  1. Snorlax
  2. Staraptor
  3. Swellow
  4. Aipom
  5. Noctowl
  6. Pidgeot
  7. Tauros
  8. Unfezant
Fire:
  1. Infernape
  2. Charizard
  3. Incineroar
  4. Talonflame
  5. Quilava
  6. Pignite
  7. Torkoal
Water:
  1. Greninja
  2. Oshawott
  3. Squirtle
  4. Buizel
  5. Corphish
  6. Kingler
  7. Lapras
  8. Totodile
  9. Dracovish
  10. Palpitoad
Electric:
  1. Pikachu
Grass:
  1. Sceptile
  2. Rowlet
  3. Grookey (Yes I'm in denial)
  4. Bulbasaur
  5. Bayleef
  6. Leavanny
  7. Torterra
  8. Snivy
Ice:
  1. Glalie
  2. Lapras
Fighting:
  1. Infernape
  2. Hawlucha
  3. Heracross
  4. Sirfetch'd
  5. Lucario
  6. Scraggy
  7. Pignite
  8. Primeape
Poison:
  1. Bulbasaur
  2. Gengar
  3. Naganadel
  4. Muk
Ground:
  1. Krookodile
  2. Gliscor
  3. Donphan
  4. Torterra
  5. Gible
  6. Palpitoad
Flying:
  1. Charizard
  2. Rowlet
  3. Staraptor
  4. Talonflame
  5. Swellow
  6. Hawlucha
  7. Gliscor
  8. Dragonite
  9. Butterfree
  10. Noctowl
  11. Pidgeot
  12. Noivern
  13. Unfezant
Psychic:
  1. Mr. Mime
Bug:
  1. Heracross
  2. Leavanny
  3. Butterfree
Rock:
  1. Lycanroc
  2. Boldore
Ghost:
  1. Gengar
Dragon:
  1. Dragonite
  2. Naganadel
  3. Gible
  4. Goodra
  5. Dracovish
Dark:
  1. Greninja
  2. Krookodile
  3. Scraggy
Steel:
  1. Melmetal
  2. Lucario
Fairy:
  1. Mr. Mime

LOOLLLL. Swellow needs to be 2 with Normal and Tauros needs to be 3. Talonflame needs to be placed second with Flying behind Charizard and 3rd behind Charizard and Infernape with Flying. Lol... Leavanny below Bayleef, despite Leavanny being the second strongest behind Krookdile in Unova.

Back
Top Bottom