• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime & Manga General Discussion

Sorry??? They wanted to get rid of...English phrases??? :confused::confused::confused:

They don’t like the colloquialisms because it’s not nice to animals, even though they are just colloquialisms and people aren’t going to personally hurt animals when fulfilling the spirit of them.

Sorry for randomly changing the subject, but I just saw THIS for the first time, and like....???!!! Help??? I'm still hung up on the Ash and Pikachu dialogue???!!! Like WHAT??? What on EARTH were those people thinking? And again, back on Ash and Pikachu-have they done NO RESEARCH WHATSOEVER like aghdajkhgrjksnfviorwead fhriueah-I can't. :confused: :mad:(n):cautious:
Poor old Cooking Mama wasn't safe from PETA either.

Which is ironic because years later they would give one of the recent instalments (Cookstar) an award for featuring vegetarian options.

Last edited:
What's a good place to start in Pokémon Adventures? I read the first volume of RB and a bit of RS, but I never continued either. I assume each arc is standalone.

What's a good place to start in Pokémon Adventures? I read the first volume of RB and a bit of RS, but I never continued either. I assume each arc is standalone.
They technically are. Each chapter/arc has its own new main character. However, there's also a lot continuity in some arcs, with returning characters and references made to the events of previous arcs. GSC arc is naturally heavy with continuity, as are all the arcs based on third versions or remakes.

There will be a break for the anime until April 9th, right? Probably due to the Easter holidays? (By the way, do they celebrate Easter in Japan?)

Why did they go on a hiatus? Do you think maybe they're building up to something big? Or was there some other reason?
IIRC it got preempted by two other TV shows in the same timeslot two weeks in a row. One of them is incredibly popular in Japan and only airs a few times a year, and the other was having a three hour special.

Back
Top Bottom