• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime & Manga General Discussion

More random than my post about Pikachu's tendency to sit on people/pokemon, but I just had an idea. So, like, in the alternate movie continuity, I've come to notice that Ash and Pikachu's relationship just seems more like best friends than the anime(in the anime they feel more like a big brother; little brother kind of thing...Ash always trying to protect Pikachu, Pikachu being clingy with Ash, etc) and imagined a few scenes of banter between them.

After all, from a few scenes in the 21st movie, it seems as if Ash was actually able to understand Pikachu for the most part. So, that led me to imagining what future movies would be like, and then I got this idea: so what if, in some future movie, Ash and Pikachu are eating at some restaurant, and they see a pokemon or someone else in danger and just run off to save them-leaving all their food in front of the owner without paying. So while Ash is rescuing the CotD, the owner is waiting for Ash and only way later does Ash realize that "oh crap" he forgot to pay. So, he goes back and is completely lectured by Pikachu the entire way-we get some amusing banter between them, Ash translating Pikachu's comments before actually responding to them despite nobody being there-and apologizes to the owner, paying for his food right then and there.

I actually had another version in mind where Ash got stuck washing dishes as repentance, and Pikachu was just lecturing Ash and being completely unhelpful through the window-since the restaurant owner didn't even want Pikachu in the restaurant helping Ash-while Ash was just suffering the whole time and "dammit Pikachu help already".

Hey, I'm just wanting to know what you think happens if Ash's Dracovish has already passed from its illness?

Honestly, I love Chloe's Eevee. Despite being a cute female, the writers treat her like one of the guys (i.e. Pikachu), which is honestly a breath of fresh air. For example, she is a constant victim of slapstick when these kind of Pokemon don't usually get involved in them. Also, her imitation gimmick is just so adorable.

Honestly, I love Chloe's Eevee. Despite being a cute female, the writers treat her like one of the guys (i.e. Pikachu), which is honestly a breath of fresh air. For example, she is a constant victim of slapstick when these kind of Pokemon don't usually get involved in them. Also, her imitation gimmick is just so adorable.
Eevee is more of the naivee child type then the elegant type like Smugvy

Also, her imitation gimmick is just so adorable.

It is! I think this Eevee is my favorite one in the series to date, she's adorable. Honestly Chloe as a whole has been such a breath of fresh air to me, she's just such a cute character and I lover her design + personality. <3

I didn't like Chloe that much going into the series, she was a shy character from the start and didn't seem like she'd have much potential until much later if she kept that attitude. I am glad she finally got her own pokemon, she's become another one of my favorite girl characters.

I didn't like Chloe that much going into the series, she was a shy character from the start and didn't seem like she'd have much potential until much later if she kept that attitude. I am glad she finally got her own pokemon, she's become another one of my favorite girl characters.
Honestly better than Ash and Goh right now.

Just out of curiosity... how long do you guys think this current version of "One, Two, Three" is going to last?

I've been thinking that it might be around a bit longer than the last opening. The previous one lasted about five months, but we're currently three months into this one and there's still some stuff in it that hasn't even been covered yet. What do you think?

Goh posing with the fully evolved starters would be an awesome image.
Is Kukui the only trainer in the anime that has had a fully evolved starter of each type on the same team?
Just out of curiosity... how long do you guys think this current version of "One, Two, Three" is going to last?

I've been thinking that it might be around a bit longer than the last opening. The previous one lasted about five months, but we're currently three months into this one and there's still some stuff in it that hasn't even been covered yet. What do you think?
I think we might have another 2 months with the current OP. We have seen most of what has been teased but there is still a month till Iris, a Falinks related episode, Gary, and a random Infernape teased in the OP that hasn't appeared yet. +We will likely have a filler episode or 2 between Iris and Gary.

The current OP also has shots of Korina, Oak, Sonia, and Bea. Though these may not tie into upcoming events.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom