• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime & Manga General Discussion

I can't for the life of me find the episodes of the XY series these images are from. Does anyone else know?
A quick reverse image search tells me that the second one is from XY episode 50, "Pathways to Performance Partnering!"

[edit: SpinyShell nearly beat me to it lol. Seeing as we posted similar episode numbers and I don't know enough of XY to be sure, I checked and XY051 could easily be it instead.]

Thanks to both Orchid and SpinyShell for help... so allow me. "Thanks chuck... many thanks indeed" (that's a Wallace and Gromit reference, and yes, it's possible to like both it and Pokémon).

This week on "What Ash's Pokemon Used to Be!(And Should Be)" we have an entry from the Sun and Moon series!
tumblr_bdf336cfc381233a79ff3573bb60826a_ca7403f7_540.gif

Next up, from AG!

tumblr_ozewyzOwG51vc2llto1_250.gif

And from BW, we have an adorable shot where in a small "blink and you'll miss it" moment, you see Pignite protecting the smaller pokemon and Charizard's tail from the rain, leaving himself out in the open. What a teammate. :bulbaLove:

tumblr_nymw6cTCMK1trci4bo1_1280.jpg

Next up, from XY and Z, we're visiting the hot springs(crashing at Goodra's place without asking)!

tumblr_obed2otujU1t4xeiwo2_500.jpeg

Up next, an adorable shot of an adorable team smuggling their adorable trainer from DP~! :bulbaLove:

Method-of-training-and-fighting-style-1.png

Late, but here's another one from...Sun and Moon! Lycanroc and Litten being cute best friends as always~ :bulbaLove:
tumblr_oxpwfxXKgY1vvuksdo3_500.gif

Last edited:
Here’s some from the lesser loved characters of the Kalos region!
Hawlucha is such a dad to other Pokémon I love him :bulbaLove:

That's actually something I will always adore about him. We never really see an male character having a more ''fatherly'' personality, don't we? It was such a fresh take on an Pokémon and I loved it.

Man, playing through "New Pokémon Snap" and I can't help but wonder what would happen if Studio Colorido put their animation talents to another short web-series that adapted it. The game is already gorgeous as is and a couple of episodes in animated form would really show off how organic a world it is. :bulbaLove:

That’s one of the few reasons I have a headcanon that Ash's Dragonite is a male, and not female which tends to be the popular opinion here.
I know Dragonite is probably male but idk why I just personally really like to headcanon it as Female.

Probably because outside of the lack of female presence in Journeys apart from Chloe, Eevee and Kikuna

Where as it's kinda glaring coming after last Gen where not only did we have Burnet, Lillie, Lana and Mallow but also Primarina, Snowy, Tsareena, Togemaru and Arguably Shaymin and Magearna (I know they're Genderless in the games but they seem very female in the SM Anime)

Eevee is the only Confirmed female Pokémon in Journeys (well apart from Goh's Pinsir and Flabebe who rarely appear)

So all that leaves people with is Headcanons of some of the other Pokémon being Female. Dragonite and Cinderace being the most prominent ones tho

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom