• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime & Manga General Discussion

I honestly didn't expect to like Grookey so much, it's so pure and cute. I liked Sobble and especially Scorbunny a lot more at first, then Grookey showed up in the anime and I just want to give it many hugs <3. Will be happy with any screentime it gets, with or without Go, but I'm going to miss it so much when/if it evolves.

This week on "What Ash's Pokemon Used to Be!(And Should Be)" we have an entry from the Sun and Moon series!

Next up, from AG!

And from BW, we have an adorable shot where in a small "blink and you'll miss it" moment, you see Pignite protecting the smaller pokemon and Charizard's tail from the rain, leaving himself out in the open. What a teammate. :bulbaLove:

Here’s an entry on "How Ash's rivalries used to be: Sun and Moon edition!"
Including...*dramatic fanfare*

Well, folks, see ya tommorow for another edition on "What the Pokemon of the Series Used to Be", so stay tuned! ;)
Thanks. Those are all great, but Journeys is the newest thing in town and what I'm really interested in.

Thanks. Those are all great, but Journeys is the newest thing in town and what I'm really interested in.
... It’s slightly weird to quote people reliving their favourite Anime moments in a thread called the General thread and say something that comes across as “No, that’s what I want”....

Just because something’s the newest in town doesn’t mean that people should only talk about it. There are plenty of threads for JN discussion, so let us live!
—————-
Here’s another snippet to lighten up the mood:bulbaLove:
Bird may have plot armour but it knows how to choose friends:
622CB10F-DDDB-413C-81A7-62DD8E17215F.jpeg

The next Animedia is coming out on May 10th, it's going to have Pokémon content and yet another poster in it!
A little update: PASH! magazine will also be releasing an issue with some Pokémon stuff on the same day, May 10th. It'll feature another interview with Aoi Yūki, the voice of Iris. :) (source)

This will be after JN065 airs, so I assume the article will probably focus on the events/outcome of that episode.

No one probably cares but it looks like Serena just Won a popularity poll ranking all of the Pokémon Heroines that was held in Japan

(I know this Probably doesn't mean anything but I hope to see Serena again sooner rather than later)

View: https://twitter.com/pikachu_pcn/status/1390436627621629954?s=19

10th - Bonnie
9th - Mallow
8th - Iris
7th - Lana
6th - Chloe
5th - May
4th - Lillie
3rd - Misty
2nd - Dawn
1st - Serena

I'm Surprised and Happy to see Chloe is at 6th place despite her lack of screentime compared to all the other Main Pokegirls.

10th - Bonnie
9th - Mallow
8th - Iris
7th - Lana
6th - Chloe
5th - May
4th - Lillie
3rd - Misty
2nd - Dawn
1st - Serena

I'm Surprised and Happy to see Chloe is at 6th place despite her lack of screentime compared to all the other Main Pokegirls.
Good for Chloe! I'm actually pretty pleasantly surprised Misty placed third, especially when seeing she ranked above Lillie and May. I was kind of under the impression that her popularity in the fanbase had dropped off in recent years when compared to the others, but I still like her a lot so I'm glad she still has a following. :)

No one probably cares but it looks like Serena just Won a popularity poll ranking all of the Pokémon Heroines that was held in Japan

(I know this Probably doesn't mean anything but I hope to see Serena again sooner rather than later)

10th - Bonnie
9th - Mallow
8th - Iris
7th - Lana
6th - Chloe
5th - May
4th - Lillie
3rd - Misty
2nd - Dawn
1st - Serena

SERENA HAS TO COME BACK

10th - Bonnie
9th - Mallow
8th - Iris
7th - Lana
6th - Chloe
5th - May
4th - Lillie
3rd - Misty
2nd - Dawn
1st - Serena

That's pretty cool. I wasn't sure how popular Serena was in Japan at this point. This does make me more hopeful that she can come back. Dawn being in second place also make me hopeful that it will boost her chances of returning, along with the upcoming Sinnoh games. Chloe getting that high is also pretty impressive considering her minimal amount of screentime, so I'm glad that she has a good amount of fans in Japan as well.

I would love for Ash to observe his past self and see how much he has changed. "Wow, I really was an overconfident blowhard. I hate to admit this, but I was basically Gary with no talent."

Last edited:
Pikachu pouting over not getting picked for important battles is a fairly common occurence. Not sure why people are acting like it's never happened before.

The difference is, though, that it never really interfered with Pikachu's overall characterization. I have a problem with it now because not only is it happening more frequently, but there's no balance to Pikachu's character. Before, like I mentioned previously, while Pikachu would get a little pouty, he would immediately be seen cheering on for his teammates and showing genuine support. Pikachu isn't perfect-all good characters aren't, but the fact that Journeys put actual emphasis on it(JN030) which was not necessary and still was nonsensical, but didn't give Pikachu any positive personality traits that could genuinely be considered a part of HIS personality is what bothers me greatly.

10th - Bonnie
9th - Mallow
8th - Iris
7th - Lana
6th - Chloe
5th - May
4th - Lillie
3rd - Misty
2nd - Dawn
1st - Serena

This list is pretty similar to what I would do if asked, so that's cool. I am also happy to see my favorite female companion in first place - hopefully this will encourage the writers to give her a much needed cameo if not an episode. Dawn being in second place also makes me happy.

I am really surprised at Chloe placing at sixth! She barely has episodes to her name, rarely battles, and is an anime-original character to boot... I think people are fond of her because her concerns for her, and by extent her Eevee's, future are relatable. As is the expectation of your career based on your family's career, when in reality that may not be what you want. After all, that realistic lack of decision at a young age was one of the reasons that Serena was initially impressionable, too.

I wonder what the results of a male version would be.

I just remembered. Iris had a thing against Ice Type Pokemon due to Dragon Type Pokemon being weak against them. Imagine how she would feel about Fairy Types! She would probably be running away at the sight of any pink Pokemon. :p

So since Axew was allowed to Evolve because he's no longer apart of the main cast

What are the chances of seeing hypotheticals such as:

Ash's Decidueye
Ash's Serperior
May's Blastoise
May's Delcatty
Dawn's Empoleon
Dawn's Lopunny
Dawn's Typholosion
Serena's Delphox
Serena's Pangoro
Clemont's Chesnaught
Clemont's Diggersby
Lillie's Alolan Ninetales
Lana's Vaporeon

So since Axew was allowed to Evolve because he's no longer apart of the main cast

Ash's Decidueye
Ash's Serperior
May's Blastoise
May's Delcatty
Dawn's Empoleon
Dawn's Lopunny
Dawn's Typholosion
Serena's Delphox
Serena's Pangoro
Clemont's Chesnaught
Clemont's Diggersby
Lana's Vaporeon
I doubt Ash's Pokémon will evolved while at Oak's.

Ash's Decidueye
Ash's Serperior
May's Blastoise
May's Delcatty
Dawn's Empoleon
Dawn's Lopunny
Dawn's Typholosion
Serena's Delphox
Serena's Pangoro
Clemont's Chesnaught
Clemont's Diggersby
Lana's Vaporeon

I can't see any of Ash's Pokemon evolving off-screen. I assume that they'd want to save any evolutions for when Ash is there. I don't think that Dawn's Piplup will evolve. They devoted an episode as to why it didn't want to evolve and they gave it an Everstone, so I don't think that's going to change, especially when Piplup itself is still pretty popular. I could see her with a Typhlosion and I'd be happy with that just because I want Typhlosion to get some much needed love. May with a Blastoise or a Delcatty is possible, but I'd just be thrilled to see her again regardless of what team she has on her.

I can't really see Serena with a Pangoro or any of Clemont's Pokemon evolving off-screen either. Lana could have an Alolan Ninetales since she has an Ice Stone. I don't see Lana getting a Vaporeon though.

Back
Top Bottom