• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime & Manga General Discussion

I think Infernape was treated with respect. It was just facing an overwhelming opponent.
I don’t think anyone is annoyed that Infernape jobbed against Moltres so much as that on the one occasion it got to shine the writers put it in the position to job.

Does it make sense for it to not do well against a flying type legendary? Of course. Did they need to blow that shot with this specific matchup? Hardly.

But please, sir. I'm just wanting to know whether or not Sceptile was one of Ash's most popular Pokémon? Why?

But please, sir. I'm just wanting to know whether or not Sceptile was one of Ash's most popular Pokémon? Why?
Yes, Sceptile is popular...People loved Sceptile in AG and praise him as one of Ash's best after defeating Tobias' Darkrai.

Yes, Sceptile is popular...People loved Sceptile in AG and praise him as one of Ash's best after defeating Tobias' Darkrai.
I meant even though it had not appeared in any of the episodes after the original Japanese version of the Best Wishes! series, and also after the international dub of the Diamond and Pearl series? But I wonder why you think that Sceptile, the one Ash has left residing at Professor Oak's Laboratory, had not appeared in any of the Journeys episodes, thus far?

I meant even though it had not appeared in any of the episodes after the original Japanese version of the Best Wishes! series, and also after the international dub of the Diamond and Pearl series? But I wonder why you think that Sceptile, the one Ash has left residing at Professor Oak's Laboratory, had not appeared in any of the Journeys episodes, thus far?
I don't know what more to tell you. I don't know what the writers are thinking and how they decide which of Ash's old Pokemon appear outside of whether or not they're a Pokemon featured in an upcoming game.

Maybe now that the second batch is coming to Netflix they'll start to upload Season 24 episodes on Pokémon TV too.

I think trainers just avoid using more than 4 moves in modern battles as a mark of courtesy and its a restriction imposed by the league to just prevent participants from turning up with… say, a Smeargle with 500 moves. And to make battles more challenging with the moveset a trainer has chosen for their Pokémon.

OS didn’t follow that because everyone in OS is a jerk /s
If I'm not mistaken, Snorlax using 6 moves in 1 battle was after OS ended. In AG/Battle Frontier if I think.

So AG is also a jerk. ;)

Seems like January is once again the time of catching Legendaries in the anime, since almost exactly a year of Goh catching Suicune, Saturn catches a Heatran in one of the new Legends: Arceus special episodes. With a Dusk Ball, no less. He doesn't get to own it for too long, though.

Seems like January is once again the time of catching Legendaries in the anime, since almost exactly a year of Goh catching Suicune, Saturn catches a Heatran in one of the new Legends: Arceus special episodes. With a Dusk Ball, no less. He doesn't get to own it for too long, though.
At least he used a dusk ball instead of a basic pokeball.

Wait, guys. What is Ash's Sceptile was a former powerhouse turned senior citizen, the one that uses its walking stick, but with its slower body movement and body muscle weakness due to its old age?

Last edited:
Wait, guys. What is Ash's Sceptile was a former powerhouse turned senior citizen, the one that uses its walking stick, but with its slower body movement and body muscle weakness due to its old age?
Sceptile is not old. It's just not in active use by Ash.

Please keep Legend of Arceus Leaks & Spoilers in the Leak & Spoiler Thread - thank you!
So how are you guys feeling about the new Hisuian Variations?

Think Ash or Dawn should get any of them?
Hisuian Forms Spoilers
Hisuian Decidueye is just.... Eh not a fan personally

Hisuian Typholosion looks.... okay.... Maybe I need to see it with it's Flames first

Hisuian Samurott got the best best glow up by far. I just wish it wasn't Water/Dark tho

Dialgia and Paikia make me feel physically ill....
A reminder, and as seen in the banner at the top of forum, that, for now, all Leaks & Spoilers regarding Legend of Arceus must be kept to its Leak & Spoiler thread. At the moment, any concerns regarding such leaks and how they may or may not appear in the anime should be discussed there.

I don't know whether or not you think that all Ash's Alolan Pokémon, the ones that he left at Professors Kukui and Burnet's home, will reappear in the Journeys series?

Last edited:
There should’ve been the second or later variants added to the third version of the OP, One Two Three. Now I wonder why you think there haven’t actually?

I don't want to accuse the anime team of being lazy, so perhaps the pandemic somehow affected production so much that they can't even spare the time to update the OP, or they no longer think it's important to update the OP to reflect plot events in the anime.

In fact, let's compare the number of variants for One Two Three with Together, as they have been used for nearly the same amount of episodes (!). For fun, let's also throw in Your Adventure, as a comparison with the previous series:

Together: 17 variants
Your Adventure: 13 variants
One Two Three: 4 variants*

* There is a brief segment during the first version of One Two Three which changes every episode, but it's just a clip of the upcoming episode itself. Since there is no extra work needed from the animators, I do not count those as a separate variant, so only 1 variant for the first version of One Two Three.

Like... What happened between SM and JN?! They basically did away with OP variants in JN, the only reason there are 4 variants with 3 versions of One Two Three, is that they put a pink color filter on Celebi and its sparkles midway through the second version.

Back
Top Bottom