• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime & Manga General Discussion

I love how Lucas already anticipated such a meeting before the episode was even announced :LOL:

Ash, Clemont, Bonnie, Go.png

In honor of the Lumiose siblings whom we'll be seeing soon enough.

I love how Lucas already anticipated such a meeting before the episode was even announced :LOL:

View attachment 157836

In honor of the Lumiose siblings whom we'll be seeing soon enough.
Only thing this episode here is lacking is Chespin hence why this picture is actually better

So I just saw the latest Corocoro for tomorrow. I am baffled that Iris, Brock, and Clemont were allowed to have their Pokémon evolve for their returns, but the writers are hellbent on not giving Dawn a Lopunny or either Typholsion.
Adding onto your post, Gary was even allowed to have a new team addition. He was just given a Tyranitar in the last episode, yet for whatever unknown reason they couldn't give Dawn at least a new evolution for her team.

So I just saw the latest Corocoro for tomorrow. I am baffled that Iris, Brock, and Clemont were allowed to have their Pokémon evolve for their returns, but the writers are hellbent on not giving Dawn a Lopunny or either Typholsion.
I think it's just colateral damage of the bizarre conservationist approach they took with Sinnoh in this gen. They seem to refuse to let anything regarding modern age Sinnoh change.

This sucks major ass to me. Iris is a Champion and has a Haxorus now, Brock has a Blissey and is now a doctor, Gary has a whole ass Tyranitar and is part of a secret research task force, and even Clemont was allowed to get an evolution for his Bunnelby.

And yet, there is Dawn, who got no new Pokémon, no new evolutions, and was not allowed to progress on her goal at all. Even worse: considering she has also completed 3 other Constest circuits and is still not a Top Coordinator, that means either one of two things:

- A) She's still getting stuck in second place in the finals, which means she stagnated.
- B) She's ranking lower, which means she downgraded.

Dawn didn't deserve this treatment.

I think it's just colateral damage of the bizarre conservationist approach they took with Sinnoh in this gen. They seem to refuse to let anything regarding modern age Sinnoh change.
Hmm. I hadn't drawn a connection between Dawn's staticness and BD/SP being so conservative compared to other remakes but it is interesting...

They did give Cynthia a brand new Kommo-o though when they didn't have to (and yes, I am aware of the Pokémon Masters connection), along with her Garchomp learning the Gen 8 Scale Shot; Brock's Blissey, who originated from Sinnoh as a Happiny, was also allowed to fully evolve. I'm also 99% sure Paul will have some notable change to his party as well, or some advancement within his battling style (being able to Dynamax, Mega Evolve, etc.). So, I don't think it's a blanket Sinnoh thing. Rather, oddly, it's a Dawn thing for whatever their (poor) reasons are.

Its even more bizarre because in BDSP, if you choose Turtwig, Dawn is actually given her anime team for her final battle, though her Pachirisu is replaced by a Bellossom. Her Piplup, Bunneary, and Quilava are all fully evolved. Piplup is obviously not going to evolve in the anime, but seriously, they evolved Bunneary and Quilava for this battle in the games. Why couldn't they do that in the anime? Or find a logical reason in the anime to give Dawn the Hisuian Typhlosion?

That was already obvious the moment Gen 9 was revealed
I meant in a sense not continuing it for gen 9. Some people still theorize that goh and ash will continue for gen 9

I guess my theory may be right. That shot where goh is facing the Regis should be where there searching for mew.

Kinda sad that it says nothing of koharu. Guess there not gonna develop her contest goal (if she does pick it). Though not surprising considering how late it is in the series.

Last edited:
I meant in a sense not continuing it for gen 9. Some people still theorize that goh and ash will continue for gen 9
I really can't see a good reason to have Goh continue past Journeys and into Gen IX's series. This post from Yuyama confirms we are going to go on the final search for Mew, which is highly likely going to end up with Goh at least meeting Mew. Once that happens, what more can they do with him? Continue to have him go on pointless catching sprees in the new region? There's going to be no more need for it once he finally meets Mew. He does have an exit set up for him even. He can continue to help with Professor Cerise, or he can join Sonia in Galar and help with her research.

Back
Top Bottom