• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime & Manga General Discussion

I think this could mean Mega Evolution is returning for Gen 9.
It would be nice but I don’t think so

Mega evolution just has the benefit of technically being the mechanic/gimmick of roughly 5 regions
As it started in Kalos, Hoenn had the remake which gave it more Mega’s and gave it the connection, Kanto had a similar treatment just with stuff like Origins and is connected to Hoenn
Johto is just west Kanto and got Mega’s, Sinnoh also got a lot of love from the Mega distribution (Only the first five regions got Mega’s Mega Audino for Unova isn’t enough for me to include them but you can)

So if you had to give the mechanics to each champion 4 of them are in the Mega regions plus one more because of Alain,
Leon is in the Dynamax region,
Ash could count for Alola so that’s one mechanic but he has all,
and Unova doesn’t technically have one but region wise she would be a Mega user or be like Lance
As Lance just shook things up

So overall Mega has the largest reach in the games and the anime just due to the nature of it not being region locked like Dynamax and more well known and seemingly obtainable than Z crystals
So most characters Mega evolving makes since since most regions can too

Besides all that, I think that if Mega Evolution ever makes a return in the mainline games, it'd be far better for it to do so in Gen 10 (alongside Z-Moves, Dynamax, and whatever Gen 9's gimmick is), since there's a very high likelihood that Gen 10's release will happen around the franchise's 30th anniversary, and what better way to celebrate that milestone than having all the existing gimmicks in one game?

Honestly, I prefer "Take me on a Journey". It had a stronger beat, more energy and felt kind of like it was from the perspective of a Pokemon that wanted to be chosen by a new trainer. That being said, I don't think that this opening is bad. It does have a decent beat and the instrumental music going on in the background is great, but it's too calm for an opening theme. It works way better as an ending theme since the instrumental score is the best part of the song and it has more energy as a result.

Can we PLEASE talk about how Hitoshi Ariga (the mangaka of the Mega Man Megamix manga, TCG artist, and designer for many Pokémon starting from XY and some of the Unite characters) literally drew Paul fanart featuring possible Teams he would've had if he had been in Unova, Kalos, Alola, Galar and Hisui?

Tumblr_l_2058175506303825.jpg
Tumblr_l_2058178665554136.jpg
Tumblr_l_2058181100935802.jpg
Tumblr_l_2058183661042520.jpg
Tumblr_l_2058188777582882.jpg

Can we PLEASE talk about how Hitoshi Ariga (the mangaka of the Mega Man Megamix manga, TCG artist, and designer for many Pokémon starting from XY and some of the Unite characters) literally drew Paul fanart featuring possible Teams he would've had if he had been in Unova, Kalos, Alola, Galar and Hisui?

View attachment 160264View attachment 160265View attachment 160266View attachment 160267View attachment 160268
I freaking love that for the Galar team Paul was given a Greedent of all things XD

Sorry, it's just that with how "meh" Regional Rodents tend to be in combat combined with Greedent's cheery inoffensive design just makes it look very out of place with the scary powerhouses

I like that he was given Pokemon you wouldn't normally associate him with, such as that Greedent, Aromatisse, Shiinotic and Oricorio. Granted it does make sense, because if I remember correctly Paul only cared about how powerful a pokemon is, not how it looked. The anime likely decided to give him mostly large and imposing Pokemon to make him seem more threatening.

What do you guys think about the new Dub OP?

Imo it sounds way too romantic for Pokemon but I still like it better than "Take me on a Journey"

It sounds lethargic and too gentle for me, for an opening theme. Where's the excitement? Where's the infectious energy that draws the children in so that they don't change the channel? (And yes, I know this is Netflix but many of the dub openings since Black & White have been of this dynamic). I really wish they'd go back to the style of openings like the first Johto opening, the first Hoenn opening, the third Hoenn opening, and the Battle Frontier opening - those were all audible bangers.

I wish TPCI was capable of doing editing. Practically every OP they do is just randomly spliced footage that barely fits the song it's playing over.
This so much. There's such a dissonance between the music and their poorly edited openings.

What do you guys think about the new Dub OP?

Imo it sounds way too romantic for Pokemon but I still like it better than "Take me on a Journey"

Can't say I'm a fan. The song isn't bad, but it seems.. so unfitting for a Pokemon theme? You could play it in the middle of an Old Navy's and I wouldn't bat an eye

The visuals also seem so incohesive/awkward. Why do barely any of the shots flow with the lyrics? Why is there a random cut from Pikachu using his Z-Move to Lucario vs Charizard? Why does Wobbuffet appear for literally one frame?

Having the OPs only last 30 seconds hurt a lot of them in the long run :(

View attachment 160264View attachment 160265View attachment 160266View attachment 160267View attachment 160268
The gag is that I genuinely can see all of these teams for him. I think all of these Pokémon could work for him.
I like that he was given Pokemon you wouldn't normally associate him with, such as that Greedent, Aromatisse, Shiinotic and Oricorio. Granted it does make sense, because if I remember correctly Paul only cared about how powerful a pokemon is, not how it looked. The anime likely decided to give him mostly large and imposing Pokemon to make him seem more threatening.
Exactly. And I do feel that giving him Pokémon that people just don't expect, especially Pokémon that are considered "weak", just make them feel even more threatening, because Paul is known to not want a Pokémon on his team unless said Pokémon is very naturally strong.

So, considering these mons are part of "weak species" (so to speak), just how powerful are these mons for Paul to add them to his team?

Assuming no more breaks (outside of a possible 1 week break between anime series) and no double episodes from now on, this means we should have 20 unnamed episodes remaining in Pokemon JN.

For reference, here's where the other series from BW (since these series are all roughly the same length) onwards are at 20 episodes before their respective end:

BW: Beginning of Decolore Islands Arc
XY: Ash's rematch with Wulfic
SM: 2 episodes before the start of Manalo Conference

After seeing the new trailer yesterday, I want the main boy character of SV's Pokemon Adventures chapter to have Quaxly even more. He looks so fabulous! And as I mentioned in that post I made ages ago, we are LONG overdue for the main boy of a new gen to have the water starter.

That said, I'm wondering how Adventures will even handle the SV chapter. Considering the major version differences like 2 different professors and the very opposing themes of the past and future. If Journeys didn't exist, I would have just assumed the anime and Adventures would each do one story, as the SuMo anime followed Sun's story while Adventures followed Moon's. But with Journeys taking the place of a SwSh anime and with us not seeing how they would have handled the exclusive leaders, I'm kind of at a loss. I know Adventures ended up just having Henry and Casey just battle the Shield leaders, but that meant the Sword counterparts were kind of pushed to the side. I feel like SV's story differences are going to be of much higher importance to just pick one story to follow. I'm interested in seeing how that plays out.

Assuming no more breaks (outside of a possible 1 week break between anime series) and no double episodes from now on, this means we should have 20 unnamed episodes remaining in Pokemon JN.

For reference, here's where the other series from BW (since these series are all roughly the same length) onwards are at 20 episodes before their respective end:

BW: Beginning of Decolore Islands Arc
XY: Ash's rematch with Wulfic
SM: 2 episodes before the start of Manalo Conference
yeah is clear!

Do you know something?

I am wondered about something?

In this season, the pokemons Masters tournament will start in episode 115.

But, in my opinion then I am wondering about the number 115. I think that because the Japanese not releasing anime during Corona's Event with stopping few weeks during these three years sk the episode for starting the pokemons Masters tournament will be in episode 130, or 140 also.

In my opinion, if they didn't stopped for corona then the beginning of pokemons Masters tournament will start in episode 1

Back
Top Bottom