• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime & Manga General Discussion

I started read Magical Pokémon Journey. I really liked it but I can't find scanlations for volume 2. I wonder if Almond actually has any Pokémon. If he doesn't I don't know why he's called a trainer. Overall I thought it had way more "soul" than Adventures. Would recommend. If they crammed as many faithful adaptations of individual chapters as possible back to back into one movie it would be the first movie to sell Hazelion tickets

Sad how AG and BW both only got two returning characters (Wallace is counted as a DP character because that was his anime debut)

aUNZ3x8.jpg

I feel like including that many SM characters is kinda cheating since most were just background cameos like Hau, Guzma, Alola Oak, etc.

Real shame Cilan didn't get an episode and I wish a few more random Gym leaders appeared but what can you do.

I feel like including that many SM characters is kinda cheating since most were just background cameos like Hau, Guzma, Alola Oak, etc.

Real shame Cilan didn't get an episode and I wish a few more random Gym leaders appeared but what can you do.

Don't worry, i think Cilan (And all of the previous companions), will be in the stands for Ash vs Leon. I can even see some rivals like Tierno, Trevor, Virgil, Bianca and Stephan attend (And then i haven't mentioned Gary (Who will obviously be very proud of Ashy boy) and Paul)

Don't worry, i think Cilan (And all of the previous companions), will be in the stands for Ash vs Leon. I can even see some rivals like Tierno, Trevor, Virgil, Bianca and Stephan attend (And then i haven't mentioned Gary (Who will obviously be very proud of Ashy boy) and Paul)
I believe there was an interview where a director or someone said the stands may have some surprise cameos. Cilan of all characters appearing makes a ton of sense considering the two friends he spent his journey with both made it to the Masters 8.

I believe there was an interview where a director or someone said the stands may have some surprise cameos. Cilan of all characters appearing makes a ton of sense considering the two friends he spent his journey with both made it to the Masters 8.

Yeah and i doubt people on the stands are the only surprising cameo's we will get (I totally expect at least all the professors making a cameo watching the match on tv, same with Norman and Caroline, Grace and Johanna, but also Alexa and Viola and Meyer being invited by Sycamore to watch and possibly all the Kalos gym leaders + Wikstrom). For Sinnoh, i have a cheeky suspicion they are gonna show Barry and Palmer as well. I also think we get Scott and the Frontier Brains and OI Drake (It would be a crime if they at least don't make a cameo).

And having Cilan can also mean we are gonna see Chili and Cress at least watching from home.

Characters i can also see being shown watching the match and rooting for Ash are Brocks family and Misty's sisters, but also Surge (Who is not only rooting for Ash, but Pikachu in particular).

And if Tierno and Trevor are there, that makes a Shauna cameo also extremely likely.

I would also absolutely love it if Jessie, James and Meowth attend the event in the stadium and its them who are starting the Champion, Champion, Champion chant for Ash to counter all the Leon fans.

Last edited:
PWC is getting rushed, isn't it.
No, because they already have the planned number of eps scripted. They'll make up for this with a double airing like the Clemont/Drasna 1 hour ep

Since they originally planned for the non-Ash battles to be still sketches I assume before changing them to on-screen they checked and confirmed they have enough episodes left.
I think the PWC will probably avoid the pacing issues some previous leagues had, though we'll likely only get a single full battle which is disappointing.

One important question is that will Ash take all of his 2010 season pokemons or will left them in Professor Sakuragi no house such as what he did with his alolan chiho pokemons as he left them in kukui hakase no house?

I have a question:-

I love UK. I saw pokemon US but is there different between UK Pokemon and US Pokemon?

Are you talking about the anime? I'm pretty sure the Anglosphere uses the same dub, or at least the majority white parts of it do anyway.

Yes the anime one. The voices are the same, the language too

I've been thinking a lot and I wonder if Journeys (and SuMo to an extent) was formatted the way it was because it was meant to be the basis for the future of the series based on the changes coming to the game series. Looking at the official website for Scarlet and Violet, it says we'll be able to play the game without being dictated by a set order from the story. Journeys was a series unlike any other where it completely neglected the brand new series' main plot and did casual region hopping as the main focus, and I guess a tournament (I've not been watching, this is just what I'm guessing based on stuff I see online). They also did dual protagonists with Ash and Goh for the first time. Well, SV is going to introduce multiplayer and focused a lot on it for the second trailer.

Soooooooo......I wonder if the series moving forward will be based primarily around these new changes. Maybe the next series will have multiple (possibly 4) protagonists to coincide with multiplayer being a thing. They also haven't made the bosses (gyms/trails/whatever) as the main focus on a generation since XY. Sun and Moon treated trials like an after school project and didn't even portray them accurately for the most part. And again, the Galar Gym challenge wasn't even touched (which still shocks me to this day but its a done deal). Perhaps that is because now we're moving toward being able to play the main games however we please with no particular order set in stone, so we could make gyms or whatever boss less of a priority to other things. I could honestly see this being the case. Maybe Journeys and SuMo were just meant to get the audience used to a brand new format.

Of course, I could be completely wrong. Honestly at this point it's hard to speculate since we don't even know if we'll be getting Journeys 2, an actual series focusing on the new games, or something completely different.

I also wonder how Pokemon Adventures will handle this 'free exploration' format. This manga does tend to do things outside of the game plot, but we still usually see a lot of the 'traditional order' being followed. I am curious just how they'll handle the chapters with there being no set order to do things. And again, could we see many different Pokedex holders considering multiplayer will be a thing? Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Back
Top Bottom