• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime & Manga General Discussion

I hate win the referee said only the challenger can substitute pokemon.

Specialy that Ash much experience and stronger than the gym leaders.

Look to lenora, she put Ash in danger as really the combination of forcing the opponent to switch its poemon using roar with not allowing the second pokemon to back using mean lock were really very unique style. Another er example, take battle gym was unique also who the brother and sister challenged Ash using lunatone and solrock against pikachu and swallow. Even if wan never allowed to switch pokemon I guess I am not sure but using different style in battle was good

So I don't like the rule: "Only the challenger may substitute pokemon.

I dont know the game, tbh, But it seems related to important anime topic. At this point in the anime there should be realy Ash Pikachu if there is a pokemon by his side.
I do agree that Dracovish is colorful enough to be there, as it is very easy to connect with Ash's pokemon (as long as JN on air) but it is the less apealing one as well....

This information regards an anime character in a game, so I figured it could fit here.

Ash. is going to be added as a recruitable character in Pokémon Masters EX. His partner Pokémon is Dracovish.
False.

He's getting added as a NPC you can fight as part of the anime collaboration to promote the Masters Eight going on and while Dracovish is in the gamefiles with his model, no other info has been known/found thus far about Ash other than the event picture showed him with Pikachu in an event called "The Classic Thunderbolt.

Some more research would be nice instead of just blatantly spreading misinformation.

False.

He's getting added as a NPC you can fight as part of the anime collaboration to promote the Masters Eight going on and while Dracovish is in the gamefiles with his model, no other info has been known/found thus far about Ash other than the event picture showed him with Pikachu in an event called "The Classic Thunderbolt.

Some more research would be nice instead of just blatantly spreading misinformation.
Since writing that post, yes, I have become aware of him being an NPC, not a playable character, at least for now. But I have found some information besides just the game models: voice clips.

Its cool that they're trying to hype up the M8, but I feel like its something the anime should be trying to do. By, oh I dunno, making the trainer's competing seem like actual characters? Cause aside from Ash, Iris, Leon and Cynthia why do the audience care about Lance or Diantha, aside from them being someone's favorite characters? Hell Lance hasn't appeared since when, the battle between himself and Leon in the beginning? And before then his last appearance was back in the Advance series, so reestablishing his character is something that could've been done. And does anyone have any motivations? Ash at least wants to be a Pokemon Master, but what about Steven? Diantha? Journey's, unlike previous series, isn't following a set path, the writers are pretty much doing there own things for this series. So instead of wasting time on boring/pointless fillers, why not make the audience care about the M8 and the characters competing in it?

...but why tho
… that’s just about the most random match they could get
False.

Correction to my previous post: Pikachu is the actual partner. The model of Dracovish was only added for cutscene purposes.

To be honest I'm not sure we're supposed to care about most of the Master Eight entrants; we were told the original plan was to pretty much skip over non-Ash battles but it was changed due to being "boring".
I know that sounds a bit strange considering the entrants, but really tournaments usually have people just there to pad out time with battles that need to be done but aren't important to the story. It's not too strange that happened in this one, too. At least we're going to see every battle as a bone thrown to the champions having fans from the games.

Last edited:
Its cool that they're trying to hype up the M8, but I feel like its something the anime should be trying to do. By, oh I dunno, making the trainer's competing seem like actual characters? Cause aside from Ash, Iris, Leon and Cynthia why do the audience care about Lance or Diantha, aside from them being someone's favorite characters? Hell Lance hasn't appeared since when, the battle between himself and Leon in the beginning? And before then his last appearance was back in the Advance series, so reestablishing his character is something that could've been done. And does anyone have any motivations? Ash at least wants to be a Pokemon Master, but what about Steven? Diantha? Journey's, unlike previous series, isn't following a set path, the writers are pretty much doing there own things for this series. So instead of wasting time on boring/pointless fillers, why not make the audience care about the M8 and the characters competing in it?
By audience you refer to us watching the series or the lucky crowd at the stadium? I guess you refer to the viewers (but if not than u r wrong).

So personally I think Lance and Steven are more interesting to watch in M8 than Diantha, Iris and even Leon. Honestly it is just boring Lance /Diantha will lose on the Semis. Still I couldnt care less about Iris vs Cynthia, and prefer to watch 116 over 117.

Hmm, May in Pokemon Masters EX does have a different VA. Maybe...
1656487699209.png

M A Y ... be!
Oi Puns.gif

I'd like to know why they stopped showing Looker in the anime, even when his presence was necessary, such as SM. In the anime, the Interpol is replaced by the Aether Foundation when it comes to catching Ultra Beasts. Even in Journeys where characters coming back is a thing, he's not there. Why?

Back
Top Bottom