• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime & Manga General Discussion

Aura- A technique only used by Lucario. With Aura a Lucario’s attacks, specifically it’s Aura Sphere, intensify. Lucario can also send the souls of other humans or Pokémon that are far away through its wavelengths. Lucario can also use these wavelengths to communicate with humans or Pokémon. Humans can also have Aura. With this Aura they can sense beings with Aura- other humans or Pokémon, they can sense their wavelengths as well as having special wavelengths of their own. Humans with Aura can form Aura Spheres or other Lucario attacks and are in perfect sync with a Pokémon that has Aura, being connected emotionally and physically, thinking the same thoughts, minds converged as one, which is similar to…
Bond Phenomenon- A very rare transformation where trainer and Pokémon are one. The Pokémon changes form and it’s attacks are intensified, similar to that of Mega Evolution. However, due to being in perfect sync emotionally and physically, the trainer feels the Pokémon’s pain.
Similarities- The trainer and Pokémon are in perfect sync, trainer and Pokémon can sense each other, attacks intensify, connected emotionally and physically
Bond Phenomenon was retconned or is actually Aura.
  • Ash says that Lucario's Aura is similar to the transformation of Greninja.
  • Greninja and Lucario are able to sense the roots with their Aura.
  • In flashbacks, Greninja was never seen in its Ash-Greninja form.
  • Ash and Lucario are able to sense Greninja (or its Aura) at the same exact time.
  • Greninja teaches Lucario how to make its Aura stronger. The way they communicate with their wavelengths is similar to the ripples of water associated with the Bond Phenomenon, plus they do this in a pool.
  • Greninja emits wavelengths when communicating with Lucario, showing that Lucario can sense Greninja's Aura and Greninja can sense Lucario's.
  • When Ash and Greninja communicate with each other, they are seen with the same blue aura that Ash and Lucario have when they are in perfect sync. Ash and Greninja also are in perfect sync with each other at the time, mimicing each other's movements without Greninja changing form.
  • When Lucario and Ash are in sync and preform their giant Aura Sphere, a blue fire surrounds them similar to the one that surrounds Ash and Greninja when they do their transformation.
  • Greninja can sense Lucario's Aura anytime it uses it, even when it is far away.
  • When Ash and Lucario use Aura in battle, they are in perfect sync and their movements mimic each other, just like the Bond Phenomenon. This also causes Lucario's Aura Sphere to grow so gigantic and powerful that it can combat or defeat Dynamax Pokémon, even in base form.
Similarities between Greninja and Lucario-
  • Froakie denied and left all trainers until it found Ash and was a special egg, also being a recluse and battle-focused, while Riolu's egg refused to hatch or move until it sensed Ash's Aura, hatching the night he got it and immediately after hatching, Riolu ran away, wanting to battle anything in sight.
  • Froakie was mentored by Sanpei's Frogadier/Greninja, while Riolu was inspired by Korrina's Lucario.
  • Both went through obstacles (Greninja in Snowbelle, Lucario getting the Mega Stone and Riolu's losing arc).
  • Both have a giant version of their signature attack (Greninja's orange Water Shuriken, Lucario's Dynamax Aura Sphere).
  • Both have a special gimmick/something similar/actual Mega Evolution.
  • Both are in perfect sync with Ash, and their attacks intensify when they power up.
  • Both have a blue fire/aura that surrounds them when they are in sync/ready to do the transformation and perform their ultimate attack.
  • Greninja was introduced in Gen 6, the same generation Megas were introduced.
  • Both were the last Pokémon standing against the final obstacle before the league/M8 and in the semifinals of the league/M8, defeating those opponents with a power up.
Why I hate Ash's Lucario: It copied Greninja's gimmick and has a satisfying payoff unlike Greninja.
Ash should have won the Kalos League. One reason why was because of the buildup with Ash-Greninja and it needed to beat Alain's Mega Charizard X as it lost to it before. The buildup was for Ash-Greninja to win the league and beat Alain and his Charizard for redemption of the times when it lost and show that it truly mastered the form with an impressive feat to boot. Ash and Greninja lost to the finals to Charizard, leaving all the buildup wasted and throughout its run Greninja's most impressive feat was beating Sawyer's Mega Sceptile. In the match against Alain, Pikachu performed better than Greninja which is wrong as Pikachu has no powerup and got two KOs (both being pseudos) while Greninja couldn't get a KO with its powerup and only got one KO in base form, implying that it is not as strong as it should have been, which makes me mad. Then Greninja gets released and the next time it comes back, it stays released, the Ash-Greninja form gets retconned, and it is only used as a pawn for Lucario to get stronger and to power up its gimmicks. Alain was also in the Masters 8 which was the perfect time for Greninja to beat Charizard but it doesn't join Ash's team and thus never gets that rematch. They are portraying Lucario's Aura/Mega Evolution similar to the Bond Phenomenon while having more impressive feats (beating Cynthia's Garchomp) and a more satisfying ending as Lucario got Ash to at least the second strongest in the world and defeated one of the most powerful Pokémon in the world which makes me mad as Ash-Greninja never got that. They are making Lucario do everything Greninja couldn't do. They are hyping up Lucario like Greninja and unlike Greninja, the hype is paying off. When Ash had Greninja, he looked mature and acted badass and I loved the artstyle, while with Lucario, Ash looks ugly and acts in such a childish way that I can't take him seriously. If Ash looked and acted like he did in XY with Lucario then I could be able to stomach Lucario more.
Good one overall, the hate part is not something I can relate much.. maybe to the art style (more the animation of the battles tbh). But you are right, Gninja was just near everything and it didn't pay off. I think almost beating Diantha or being able to control its special form just in the end of everything isn't enough in compare to what they gave Lucario ( even if we put the 2nd place in Kalos aside).

If Pikachu will be the MVP again and will beat Leon's Zard it might be enough to put them somewhere closer in my opinion.

There are two things you forgot to add -
1.Gninja is a Dark type, partly, but never learned night slash (still using cut probably to save the world) while Lucario got set of moves we could only wish for, both Fighting and Steel types.
2. Gninja was kindda acknoledged as a mythical partner for Ash in the legend of the ninja hero. Lucario's mystery egg is not enough to top that, even though the fact Cynthia said she even heard about that event is almost getting it (but it is still a good way to compare how they both Froakie and the egg chose Ash, as you said before).

Good one overall, the hate part is not something I can relate much.. maybe to the art style (more the animation of the battles tbh). But you are right, Gninja was just near everything and it didn't pay off. I think almost beating Diantha or being able to control its special form just in the end of everything isn't enough in compare to what they gave Lucario ( even if we put the 2nd place in Kalos aside).
Greninja's arc did pay off. It's a very strong Pokémon that achieved a unique special form, helped to save Kalos, and reached the second place in the Kalos League, none of which are nothing to sneeze at. Sure, defeating Charizard would've been cool, but even without it, it did well.

A crazy thought came to my mind a few days ago: remember the last Trial Mission that Goh didn't participate but Horace did? It was basically a reference to a side quest in the Sword and Shield DLC involving the Swords of Justice. What if, in a similar vein to how Goh and Gary caught Regieleki and Regidrago, Horace caught himself one of the Swords of Justice (likely Virizion), which he could theoretically whip out at some point during the final mission?

So, I have a quick question about the Pokémon Adventure manga.

I have access to the Kanto portion but what I want to know is this:
Is there an actual ending? I know the later games got arcs but will I be able to look and say that all the main characters of Kanto got their stories to a satisfying ending point (even if they might appear later on) and I can just stop, or is it going to be a "the adventure continues" thing?

Thanks in advance.

Is there an actual ending? I know the later games got arcs but will I be able to look and say that all the main characters of Kanto got their stories to a satisfying ending point (even if they might appear later on) and I can just stop, or is it going to be a "the adventure continues" thing?

Thanks in advance.
Some previous main characters might show up in later chapters in side roles, but technically, yeah. Main characters get conclusions to their arcs, in one way or another.

With Goh traveling to Slateport in preparation for the final Project Mew mission, I wonder if the mountain the expedition will take place on is located on Faraway Island from Pokémon Emerald.
Y'know, I actually had that very same thought when I saw they were in Slateport boarding a ship. Great minds think alike! :giggle:

Thanks in advance.
Each main arc gets concluded by the end of the part of the manga its subtitled as, and as far as I know there main stories for the Kanto dex holders concludes with the HGSS arc (which is relatively short).

Environmental tactics that Ash has used (that involves using the battlefield/terrain to his advantage):

Pikachu absorbing electricity or dodging an attack by putting its tail into the ground (OS/JN)
Totodile using Water Gun to put indents in the ground (OS)
Charizard using Flamethrower on the battlefield to make it steamy (OS)
Treecko using the geysers to launch itself (AG)
Grovyle climbing pilars (AG)
Ash’s Swellow obscuring the field with dust vs Winona (AG)
Ash’s Chimchar/Greninja ice skating on the ice (DP/XY)
Infernape using Dig to get rid of Toxic spikes (DP)
Oshawott using its scallop as a projectile (BW)
Pikachu knocking a piece of wood into Aegislash’s shield, preventing it from protecting itself (XY)
Pikachu flicking up water to disperse Sand Stream (XY)
Sirfetch’d getting rid of Stealth Rock with Brutal Swing (JN)
Sirfetch’d getting rid of Psychic Terrain by using Fury Cutter on the ice to get it to crack (JN)

Anything else I forgot?

Freezing the water in the Hoenn League battle against Katie so Walrein couldn't go underwater (introducing different battlefield environments that could be swapped out was genius for creative battle strategies)
Using Glalie to make ice pillars to prevent Charizard from attacking, and building up enough momentum to knock it out
Counter Shield is a classic, that Paul and Leon have adapted into their movesets.
One of the earliest examples I can think of, although not intended by Ash, is Pikachu triggering the Pewter Gym fire sprinklers and thus invoking Onix's weakness to water.

Back
Top Bottom