• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime & Manga General Discussion

I know the writers have been trying to bring back as many of Ash's old Pokemon as possible, but one thing I'm wondering is if we'll see any of Team Rocket's old Pokemon in the conclusion episodes. Might we run into Arbok and Weezing again, for example?

Exactly! Ash has gotten so much arcs and development purely for his sake. And pikachu, is just there for the ride. Only because it's what Ash wants. That's not bad because they are super close etc. But the issue is that they neglected his personal agency for 25 years.

Tbh, I don't think they did anything dif with Pikachu. Even his smile/lol was animated just as JNS Ash smiled. The show keeps them in Sync. They didn't make the Aura a thing for them plotwise, but you can tell their connection is there. They are one in JNS, but the episode Pikachu didn't like to be in the sidelines as Ash trained nonestop Riolu.

I know the writers have been trying to bring back as many of Ash's old Pokemon as possible, but one thing I'm wondering is if we'll see any of Team Rocket's old Pokemon in the conclusion episodes. Might we run into Arbok and Weezing again, for example?
Maybe Gardenia has evolved Cacnea into a Cacturne by now.

I have seen pictures where Ash sasses Misty. The thing is, did he sass her back in AG/SM? Because I don’t remember it. Given that it’s still Journeys Ash, him sassing someone (even an old friend) may seem out-of-character.

If the reason Ash is sassing Misty is to make nostalgia references, can he, please, have at least one scene in which he behaves like a hothead with jerk tendancies in those last episodes?

Idk how to to title this so I'm just gonna post this here
Screenshot 2023-01-21 14.53.09.png

This is why I don't take MatPat's videos seriously

I still don't understand why people expect/hope for Ash to get married. I know that it would appeal to fans of certain ships, but the fallout of confirming any ship being canon would not be worth it. I could understand this thought more if romance a a bigger deal in the anime, but it definitely isn't. Besides that, I still don't expect concrete ending for Ash, if only because it wouldn't fit with the tone of the series and I'm positive that they'd want to leave room for him to appear to some degree in the future anyway.

I think there's sort of a sliding scale of ending finality, so to speak, and wonder where the show will fall.

On one end you have what I call the "status quo" ending--there's not really a conclusion, just a place where it shops following them. A theoretical example would be Ash just going off to Paldea to enter the league and we don't see it.

In the middle is where there's a major change and--although you can guess things will continue--it feels like a reasonable place to end it. For instance if Team Rocket is finally disbanded and Ash decided to stay home for a while.

On the far end you have very definitive endings where it's pretty clear why it's ending here--continuing would be basically disconnected from the story so far, if possible at all. For instance if Ash declares he's giving up travelling to open a Gym or something similar.

Last edited:
I think there's sort of a sliding scale of ending finality, so to speak, and wonder where the show will fall.

On one end you have what I call the "status quo" ending--there's not really a conclusion, just a place where it shows following them. A theoretical example would be Ash just going off to Paldea to enter the league and we don't see it.

In the middle is where there's a major change and--although you can guess things will continue--it feels like a reasonable place to end it. For instance if Team Rocket is finally disbanded and Ash decided to stay home for a while.

On the far end you have very definitive endings where it's pretty clear why it's ending here--continuing would be basically disconnected from the story so far, if possible at all. For instance if Ash declares he's giving up travelling to open a Gym or something similar.
To be honest, I'd rather have either of the latter two endings you proposed. A "status quo" ending after all this time would just feel kinda cheap if you ask me.

For instance if Ash declares he's giving up travelling to open a Gym or something similar.
That was actually something I was hoping for him for a long time, but then they gave it to Shinji as an ending instead.

I don't know if I could see Ash managing his own Gym in large part because he clearly loves to travel. Managing a Gym wouldn't prevent him from traveling whenever he wants to, but it would be a bit of a limitation since he'd have to stick to primarily one location. Plus, after they made Paul into a Gym Leader, it seems less likely for them to do the same thing with Ash. I still think having Ash continue to travel off-screen would make the most sense. It would fit with his character and leave the door open for him to appear down the road whether it's in the new series, another mini-series, a movie or whatever.

Back
Top Bottom