• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime & Manga General Discussion

I'm never going to be ready for it. Truly. I had pretty much taken for granted that Ash/Pikachu/Team Rocket were just always going to be there; it's hard to remember a time in my life when they weren't. Like I got used to Misty not being around, I got used to Brock not being around, in general I got used to Ash's traveling companions switching out every few years, but Ash himself? Never crossed my mind. I always just assumed that once Ash's time came to an end, so would the anime as a whole - I never, not once, even entertained the thought that they would keep it going without the five core characters. I am going to be an absolute mess next week lol

I'm never going to be ready for it. Truly. I had pretty much taken for granted that Ash/Pikachu/Team Rocket were just always going to be there; it's hard to remember a time in my life when they weren't. Like I got used to Misty not being around, I got used to Brock not being around, in general I got used to Ash's traveling companions switching out every few years, but Ash himself? Never crossed my mind. I always just assumed that once Ash's time came to an end, so would the anime as a whole - I never, not once, even entertained the thought that they would keep it going without the five core characters. I am going to be an absolute mess next week lol
I still would have prefered if his exit was gradually. Like making him a mentor figure for the new main character like Brock was. Or an important secondary character like Prof Oak or Gary were.

Sigh. :(

I feel bad for not being excited for the final episode. They really should have done something special for the ending not a bunch of casual fillers. Maybe end it with an epic battle or an unexpected cameo from one of the companions or something. Now it feels like it's just going to be Ash saying "Wow Pokémon are so cool" and that's it, the end.

I think I’m in early labour so the big question is whether I’ll make it to the next episode or not :p

But it’s funny how it’s the little things that actually catch your breath and make you suddenly realise a huge part of your life is coming to an end. Like yesterday I remembered the British Summer Time will be starting on Sunday. Every year, twice a year, (for so many years - since the days of the dreadful KeyHoleTV!) when the clocks change I have to pinch myself for the next few weeks to remind myself that the next episode will be live an hour earlier/later. And now… I’m not going to have to do that again. It’s so weirdly poignant :cry:

In my opinion, Gible should've evolved after defeating Dusknoir in this episode.

As cool as that would have been, it might have been too rushed to make Gible evolve there. Not to mention it wouldn't have gotten to do anything aside from losing to Darkrai afterwards. Fans also would have been more upset that they didn't give Ash a Garchomp. I was pretty happy with how Gible was handled overall though. For a late series capture, I thought it was fine. It had a decent amount of focus/screentime, had a fun personality and helped Ash through the Sinnoh League. Other than being in the Volkner Gym battle, there wasn't much else I think Gible really needed to do.

I wonder what the English title for the series will be?

Here are my predictions:
Pokemon the Series: New Beginnings.
Pokemon the Series: New Horizons.
Pokemon the Series: New Frontiers.

These emphasize the fact that it is a truly new start to the anime with new protagonists, while the latter two also incorporate the fact that this is a world-tour anime like Journeys and the fact that they use a massive airship for transportation really makes them seem like adventurers who are setting sail to explore the world.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom