• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime/Manga News Thread -- Read All About It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven

is against stoning.
Reaction score
Herro, everyone. It's now that I'd like to introduce to the LotRS it's very own news thread. I've been mulling over this a bit since I became the daimyo 'round here a while back. I don't want to see an excess of news threads for every new something that comes out regarding anime and manga in the world, being that the predominant population of the users here watch/read anime and/or manga, so it would be natural for people around here to want to tell other people around here about something that's gone on. There're other things going on in Japan besides anime/manga-related stuff as well, so it may be best to get this stuff away from that stuff, so as to not cloud, say, Japan's relations with China, for a current example. Basically, consider this a one-thread version of The Real World, where here is where you'll post anything news-related about the anime/manga world.

I've gathered a few rules, which may be amended at later dates, announcements attached:

1. When posting a story, do it like you would when creating a thread in TRW: quote the article(s), cite the source(s), and comment if you desire, but also, put as the title of your post 'Just in: [Title of Story]' to distinguish it from other posts.
2. When citing a source, either cite it directly from a URL, or if it's an alternative source, use MLA-style citation. There are various websites that provide guides to citing under MLA, as well as others.
3. Don't repeat a story. If the date of the story you want to post is outdated in comparison to the most recent 'Just in' post, assume that the story has been posted and just move on, unless you actually want to flip back to find it. It just helps in regards to organization. Although, follow-ups are greatly encouraged, so just mention what it is you are following up.
4. Discussion is permitted, but keep it minimal. I want people to be able to look over the stories, the things I expect people to come here for, efficiently. If you compare it to how your local news station broadcasts news, how they go from story to story without much comment, then you'll get exactly what I'm getting at with this one.
5. It's implied in the fourth rule, but absolutely no debate, for reasons that are obvious enough fo me to not waste time explaining here.
6. Remember, anime or manga-related stories only! Everything else, even things regarding Japan, yet not regarding anime or manga, should be posted outside of here.
7. This isn't a rule, but more like an enablement: Don't do it excessively, but posting consecutively is fine here, including a stipulation: You can only post more than once in a row if you are posting a news story. Otherwise, double posters will be dealt with on the usual basis.

Possible disciplinary action will be taken accordingly should one break any of the rules, dependent solely on how I, or my superiors in my absence, judge the situation.

If it didn't get across in implication, this will be the only place in the Land of the Rising Sun where anything that can be classified as news regarding anime or manga is allowed to be posted, or rather, this is the first place anywhere in the LotRS that anime/manga-related news should be posted; anything posted outside will find their post merged with this thread and edited, but only if the posting requirements are met here in the first place, which will otherwise result in a plain closing.

As far as the stories themselves are concerned, be creative with what you run into! Even a story about something significant in something as little as a new manga chapter will be positively welcomed! (Though, with something like that, maybe
tag your post...) If you have a question about posting a story, don't hesitate to message me for my thoughts.

Aside from that last sentence above, the asking of any other questions is greatly encouraged! I look forward to reading about what you guys find!

~Steven

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: (EXAMPLE) Just in: "Bleach"'s Ichigo and Rukia Say Apparent Final Good-bye's

"Bleach" chapter 423, page 17
"Bleach" chapter 423, page 18

Recently, Ichigo Kurosaki finally managed to do what everyone has been waiting for him to do: defeat former Fifth Company Captain Sosuke Aizen, using what was called the Final Getsuga Tensho. As a result, Ichigo's powers are draining away from him inevitably as stated would happen by his father. We are now seeing a first side effect of this: If he has no reishi (correct term?) (taking into consideration that his pre-Bleach ability is also leaving him) he cannot see the dead, ergo he can't see Shinigami, and it was shown here that first main characters Ichigo Kurosaki and Rukia Kuchiki are saying good-bye for good, meeting on the opposite end of the spectrum of how they did meet in the beginning: Their meeting at the beginning, with his getting of his powers, against their parting at the ending, with his losing of his powers. But is this the ending, Kubo doing a good job to make it seem so, everyone is asking...? I suppose we won't find out for at least two weeks, Bleach taking vacation next week.

Re: Just in: Hints at "Sailor Moon" Manga's Return?

The manga looks like it might actually be coming...

There have been various hints given. Tokyopop hinted at it at Anime Expo, Dark Horse hinted, and smiled about it, at Anime Evolution, and recently someone in the industry pretty much confirmed someone's working on it.

At Anime Weekend Atlanta this past weekend, Dark Horse said they have 5-8 manga licenses to announce at New York Anime Festival/Comic-com.

We'll see how this pans out. But the signs are looking pretty good right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom