• The Anime and Manga staff has posted a PSA regarding Go and how we'll handle future cases involving him from now onwards.

We strongly recommend checking out this thread.

Thank you in advance.
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • The 2020 staff drive for Bulbagarden is now live! If you're interested in joining the Bulbagarden staff team (whether it be forums, social media, or more!) then you're encouraged to apply!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Anime Pokemon's Official Twitter has posted a new art of Koharu and Yamper to celebrate Valentine Day

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
Valentine's Day in Japan works differently than it does in the West; over here the women typically are the ones to give chocolates (typically homemade) to their male friends / classmates / co-workers / significant others. Men return the favor on a Japan-only holiday one month later on March 14th.

Koharu's the only heroine on the show right now so showing her making chocolates for her friends makes sense in the context of Japanese Valentine's Day.

Not Dead
Reaction score
I don't remember this kind of thing being done in previous years. Maybe some schlock with Serena and Ash.

Lovely
Reaction score
I don't remember this kind of thing being done in previous years. Maybe some schlock with Serena and Ash.
The poll was the 2019 one.
In 2018, they did this:

View: https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/963865862267531264?s=20

Last year a poll ran on Twitter with the question of "with whom would you go on a date" depicting a male and a female character from each generation. I personally voted for Sycamore and Erika. Surprisingly, both winners were from Unova region, and they received a special art drawing.

Gen 5 still going strong :)