• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime Staff Thread: BW Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
February '11 Update Bump:

[bp]BW019[/bp] - Sommelier Showdown! Ishizumai VS Futachimaru!!
Screenplay - Junki Takegami
Storyboard, Assistant Director - Shigeru Ueda
Assistant Director - Kazuomi Koga
Animation Directors - Tomohiro Koyama

[bp]BW020[/bp] - Pikachu VS Meguroco VS Koaruhie!!
Screenplay - Shinzō Fujita
Storyboard - Norihiko Sudō or Kazuomi Koga
Assistant Director - Kazuomi Koga or Norihiko Sudō
Animation Director - Akihiro Tamagawa

[bp]BW021[/bp] - Sky Arrow Bridge and Gothiruselle!
Screenplay - Yukiyoshi Ōhashi
Storyboard -Hiroyuki Yamada or Yoshinobu Norimoto
Assistant Director - Yoshinobu Norimoto or Hiroyuki Yamada
Animation Director - 北崎正浩 Masahiro Kitasaki

[bp]BW022[/bp] - Hiun City! Fushide Panic!!
Screenplay - Shōji Yonemura
Storyboard - Hiromasa Amano or Tetsuo Yajima
Assistant Director - Tetsuo Yajima or Hiromasa Amano
Animation Director - Atsushi Ogata

Last edited:
Yay, another Tamagawa episode! And is that a new animator in BW21?

Is it me or has Shimura completely disappeared after the first BW episode?

[bp]BW020[/bp] - Pikachu VS Meguroco VS Koaruhie!!
Screenplay - Shinzō Fujita
Storyboard - Norihiko Sudō or Kazuomi Koga
Assistant Director - Kazuomi Koga or Norihiko Sudō
Animation Director - Akihiro Tamagawa

Tamagawa is finally animating more often? Sweet. Hope this continues. Krookodile in Tamagawa animation? Heck Yeah!!
Is it me or has Shimura completely disappeared after the first BW episode?

The Trubbish (Yabukuron) one was done by Shimura.

Usually she does every other episode, so it is rather strange that she's only worked on two Best Wishes episodes. I hope that it's not implying anything, as it'd suck if she left the show after her phenominal improvement.

We haven't seen Kinoshita either, outside the recent special.

Nice to see another Tamagawa epiosde anyway. A lot of people have already been writing it off as a pointless filler, but I'm expecting it to be quite fun.

Hmm, I've expected Tamagawa to animate BW 21, but never mind, that's good enough.

Hopefully it's not the last episode of him.

Thing is, the sketches on Sunyshore for BW 20, which I presume were the actual frames of animation, didn't really look like Tamagawa to me. Perhaps they found out about the leaks and decided to re-animate the whole thing from scratch? Or not...

BTW, I filled in the storyboarder/director info for BW 21 & 22. BW 21's director (or storyboarder; the person on 2ch didn't specify) was previously director for the Side Story/Chronicles episode [bp=SS018]The Search for the Legend[/bp], an assistant director for the Manaphy movie, and an "assistant director associate" for the Lucario Movie.

Edit: Yes, the animation director for BW021 is new. His ANN profile page doesn't turn up much, though.

Last edited:
One thing I've noticed, when Tomioka was the head writer for DP, he wrote pretty much all the "important" episodes of the series. Even though he's still the head writer, he seems to have taken a backseat and letting Fujita write most of the big episodes. Iris and Cilan's introductions, the rival battle with Trip, the rematch with Lenora....

At this rate, I'm positive he's going to write one of the TR vs TP eps too.
Usually she does every other episode, so it is rather strange that she's only worked on two Best Wishes episodes. I hope that it's not implying anything, as it'd suck if she left the show after her phenominal improvement.
She's been animating less frequently during most of late DP as well.

Even though he's still the head writer, he seems to have taken a backseat and letting Fujita write most of the big episodes. Iris and Cilan's introductions, the rival battle with Trip, the rematch with Lenora....

Tomioka is on vacation. The man needed a break. He's still in charge of the story of the overall series and will likely come back to write the actual episodes again shortly.

Tomioka is on vacation. The man needed a break. He's still in charge of the story of the overall series and will likely come back to write the actual episodes again shortly.

Um...no he isn't. He still writes episodes and pretty much in pairs with Fujita too.

Tomioka: BW 1,6,9,15
Fujita: BW 2,5,10,16

The two of them are working as a duo...

Well, the vacation didn't take long if he was back by episode 6.

Last edited:
So we get another Tamgawa episode.

If Tamagawa starts being a regular animator a'la Iwane I'm just going to have one opinion:

years

too

late...

I've also noticed Fujita seems to be Tomioka's right hand man starting in late DP. Tomioka is currently doing series construction on what, two other shows besides Pokemon? I knew it would catch up to him eventually.

And I'm positive Tomioka will write both Rocket vs. Plasma episodes.

He went on vacation leave early into BW.

Where exactly did you hear that?

March '11 Update Bump:

[bp]BW023[/bp] - Rocket-Dan VS Plasma-Dan! (Part 1)
Screenplay - Atsuhiro Tomioka
Storyboard, Assistant Director - Kazuomi Koga
Animation Director - Kunihiko Natsume

[bp]BW024[/bp] - Rocket-Dan VS Plasma-Dan! (Part 2)
Screenplay - Atsuhiro Tomioka
Storyboard, Assistant Director - Yūji Asada
Animation Director - Masaaki Iwane

[bp]BW025[/bp] - Hiun Gym Battle! The Pure-Hearted Bug Pokémon Battle!!
Screenplay - Yukiyoshi Ōhashi
Storyboard, Assistant Director - 西田健一 Ken'ichi Nishida (Wikipedia)
Animation Director - Mizuho Tajima (has been a key animator for a lot of Pokémon episodes)

[bp]BW026[/bp] - Hiun Fishing Tournament! Enter the Fishing Sommlier - Dent!!
Screenplay - Junki Takegami
Storyboard, Assistant Director - Shigeru Ueda
Animation Director - Izumi Shimura

Last edited:
Uhh...think you may have typo'd a title there, Quag :p
Nice to see Ms. Shimura back, in any case. Feels weird to go so many episodes without her animating something every other week.

I'm guessing 26 is that fishing episode someone mentioned earlier...there was no source listed in that thread but I assume it's from the same source Quagbert acquired this information from.

Uhh...think you may have typo'd a title there, Quag :p
Nice to see Ms. Shimura back, in any case. Feels weird to go so many episodes without her animating something every other week.

I'm guessing 26 is that fishing episode someone mentioned earlier...there was no source listed in that thread but I assume it's from the same source Quagbert acquired this information from.

Yes, it is the fishing episode, I just forgot to change the title after I c/p'd the BBcode from BW25's data. It's fixed now; thanks for pointing it out.

BTW Gravy, congrats on the Daily Deviation on dA ;-)

Man, the TR 2-parter is now confirmed awesome.

Tomioka is writing both eps, and the animation directors for the two eps are also the best of the series.

They're really going all-out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom