• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime Staff Thread: BW Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone noticed that Masashi Sogo hasn't written any episodes for BW (yet)? Since Sonoda came back to the show, maybe he got "replaced"?

Kinda glad, actually. I never did like his episodes...

I find it amusing how the two new writers who were brought in in AG are both gone. It's nice to have the writing staff be the same as it was in Kanto (sans Shudo of course). I didn't think either of them did a particularly good job.

What episodes did those two new writers do anyway? Just a couple of fillers?

Hm, there are a number of good episodes on that list for both of them, but I suppose it doesn't really matter that they're gone.

They even wrote some important episodes that dealt with captures, Team Magma/Aqua, or Gyms.

Wonder if anyone noticed Hideki Sonoda has pretty much been writing all the movies right from the fourth one itself....then why does his episodes seem so lacklustre compared to the movies?

Wonder if anyone noticed Hideki Sonoda has pretty much been writing all the movies right from the fourth one itself....then why does his episodes seem so lacklustre compared to the movies?

Because his episodes are mostly about COTD's for some reason.

April '11 Update Bump:

EDIT: I've added the last three episodes that didn't get staff info beforehand due to airing three weeks ahead of schedule.

[bp]BW027[/bp] - Beware of Cute Faces! Emonga Paralyzes!!
Screenplay - Shinzō Fujita
Storyboard - Hiromasa Amano
Assistant Director - Tetsuo Yajima
Animation Director - Tomohiro Koyama

[bp]BW028[/bp] - Emonga VS Tsutarja! The Volt Change Chaos!!
Screenplay - Shōji Yonemura
Storyboard - Hiroyuki Yamada
Assistant Director - Yoshinobu Norimoto
Animation Director - Masahiro Kitasaki

[bp]BW029[/bp] - The Scary Story of the Hitomoshi Mansion!
Screenplay - Yukiyoshi Ōhashi
Storyboard, Assistant Director - Kazuomi Koga
Animation Directors - Kunihiko Natsume and Masaaki Iwane

[bp]BW030[/bp] - The Road to Becoming a Dragon Master! Kibago VS Crimgan!!
Assistant Director - Yūji Asada
Animation Director - Masaaki Iwane

[bp]BW031[/bp] - The Missing Hotachi! Mijumaru's Biggest Crisis Ever!!
Screenplay - Junki Takegami
Animation Director - Akihiro Tamagawa

[bp]BW032[/bp] - The Monmen in Love Rides the Wind!
Assistant Director - Ken'ichi Nishida
Animation Director - Mizuho Tajima

[bp]BW033[/bp] - Riguree and the UFO!
Storyboard, Assistant Director - Shigeru Ueda
Animation Director - Atsushi Ogata

Last edited:
May '11 Update Bump

[bp]BW034[/bp] - Rival Battle! Vanipeti, Dokkorā Compete in a Battle!!
Screenplay - Atsuhiro Tomioka
Assistant Director - Tetsuo Yajima
Animation Director - Izumi Shimura

[bp]BW035[/bp] - Gamagaru, Maggyo! Battle on the Water!!
Storyboard, Assistant Director - Yūji Asada

[bp]BW036[/bp] - The Dragon Buster Appears! Iris and Doryuzu!!
Animation Director - Mizuho Tajima Kunihiko Natsume

[bp]BW037[/bp] - Dangoro! Let's Fire the Luster Cannon (Flash Cannon)!!
Assistant Director - Yoshinobu Norimoto
Animation Director - Masahiro Kitasaki

[bp]BW038[/bp] - Sommelier-Detective Dent! Tabunne Disappearance Case!!
Storyboard - Masakatsu Iijima (was an assistant director for Movies 9 and 11)
Assistant Director - Fumihiro Yoshimura
Animation Director - Takashi Shinohara

Last edited:
I love you. Quagbert xD Keep updating this, even if you get no response. I am pretty interested in this "technical" part of the series.

I haven't seen the Monmen episode yet, but from the preview, I would have never guessed that Iwane was involved.

Why is Takegami writing anything involved with a battle? Has no one learned that he can't write battles for shit yet?

I'm surprised Yonemura has the Iris episode and Fujita has the Dangoro episode. I would've expected those to be switched.

The detective episode should be filled with plenty of lulz with Oohashi writing. :-D

Why is Takegami writing anything involved with a battle? Has no one learned that he can't write battles for shit yet?
I think he did a fairly good job with the Mijumaru episode.

He wasn't involved with the Monmen episode; are you sure you don't mean another episode, or that you would've never guessed that he wasn't involved?

You wrote that xD I read your post quickly and I didn't realize you made a mistake. It should say "The Scary Story of the Hitomoshi Mansion!" and that makes absolutely perfect sense xD

[bp]BW029[/bp] - The Monmen in Love Rides the Wind!
Animation Directors - Kunihiko Natsume and Masaaki Iwane

You wrote that xD I read your post quickly and I didn't realize you made a mistake. It should say "The Scary Story of the Hitomoshi Mansion!" and that makes absolutely perfect sense xD

Thanks for pointing that out; I didn't even realize I put the wrong title on there until just now. :sweatlol:

Anyway, BW029's title is now fixed.

[bp]BW036[/bp] - The Dragon Buster Appears! Iris and Doryuzu!!
Animation Director - Mizuho Tajima

BP says the AD is Natsume, so I think this one is incorrect.

....and here I thought we actually got a decent random animation director at last, but it was natsume/iwane all along.

BP says the AD is Natsume, so I think this one is incorrect.

....and here I thought we actually got a decent random animation director at last, but it was natsume/iwane all along.
That was another error on my part, since my post should have listed Natsume for BW036; looks like I have to proofread better the next time I do an update bump. -_-

June 2011 Update Bump:

[bp]BW039[/bp] - Fossil Revival! Ancient Mysterious Bird Archeos!!
Screenplay - Atsuhiro Tomioka
Animation Director - Tomohiro Koyama

[bp]BW026[/bp] - Hiun Fishing Tournament! Enter the Fishing Sommlier - Dent!!

[bp]BW040[/bp] - Zorua The Movie! The Legend of the Pokémon Knight!!
Storyboard - Kazuomi Koga
Assistant Director - Yūji Asada

[bp]BW041[/bp] - Everyone Gathering! Don Battle!!
Storyboard, Assistant Director - Tetsuo Yajima

Tomioka writing BW 39 means we might actually get some plot development for the Rockets instead of them just attempting to steal the Pokémon du jure(sp?) as we've seen in the past two episodes. Perhaps they'll be sent on another mission and start wearing their dark uniforms again?

The fact that they used up Iwane for BW 40 is rather disappointing, as I was really hoping to see Kamitsure -- the Gym Battle in particular -- in Iwane-quality animation. Unless they put Natsume or Tamagawa in charge of an episode with her instead (though I know the latter's a long shot). Only time will tell...

Out of all the new animaion directors, I think Masahiro Kitasaki is my favorite. I really wouldn't mind if he did episodes more often. I thought he did a great job on BW37.

The fact that they used up Iwane for BW 40 is rather disappointing, as I was really hoping to see Kamitsure -- the Gym Battle in particular -- in Iwane-quality animation. Unless they put Natsume or Tamagawa in charge of an episode with her instead (though I know the latter's a long shot). Only time will tell...

I don't know if Kamitsure is in BW42, but it does seem like it would line up somewhat with a new pattern of work for Tamagawa, if you start at the beginning of BW.

11 episodes
BW11: Tamagawa
9 episode gap
BW20: Tamagawa
11 episode gap
BW31: Tamagawa
11 episode gap
BW42: Tamagawa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom