• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

anime-style battling (2)

“Noctowl!” Falkner calls. “Ascend high! Stay there and use Feather Dance!”

Noctowl flapped its wings from up high, sending a cluster of feathers at Brownie. The feathers, as before, decreased its attack power.

brownie: sen~

me: hang in there, brownie!

use quick attack again!

brownie: sentret! sentret!

Thanks to Brownie's decreased attack power, Noctowl could not only be able to withstand Brownie's constant assaults of Quick Attack if it had to, but since it was high in the sky where a Sentret couldn't jump, it was able to avoid the attack. "Noctowl, fly down with great speed and surround Brownie like before!" Falkner commanded.

"Noctowl!" replied the Owl Pokemon. It flew down quickly and surrounded the Scout Pokemon, flying in a tight ring around Brownie.

"Now! Use Peck and aim for the belly!" added Falkner.
Bam! Noctowl's sharp beak collided with Brownie, dealing quite a bit of damage.

Thanks to Brownie's decreased attack power, Noctowl could not only be able to withstand Brownie's constant assaults of Quick Attack if it had to, but since it was high in the sky where a Sentret couldn't jump, it was able to avoid the attack. "Noctowl, fly down with great speed and surround Brownie like before!" Falkner commanded.

"Noctowl!" replied the Owl Pokemon. It flew down quickly and surrounded the Scout Pokemon, flying in a tight ring around Brownie.

"Now! Use Peck and aim for the belly!" added Falkner.
Bam! Noctowl's sharp beak collided with Brownie, dealing quite a bit of damage.

brownie: sentret~

me: hang in there, brownie! let's use rock smash!

brownie: sentret!

she ran a little, used her tail to jump a little bit, with her hand glowing white & she went to punch noctowl with it....

the rock smash attack hit

Falkner chuckled. "That's quite a strong Sentret you got there," he remarked. "But of course, I have the aerial advantage. Noctowl, now! Tackle while it's falling!"

"Noctowl!" Noctowl rammed into Brownie while she was landing on the ground.

Falkner chuckled. "That's quite a strong Sentret you got there," he remarked. "But of course, I have the aerial advantage. Noctowl, now! Tackle while it's falling!"

"Noctowl!" Noctowl rammed into Brownie while she was landing on the ground.

brownie: sen~

me: brownie, use scratch!

brownie: sen-tret!

just then, scratch turned into fury swipes... she'd learnt fury swipes just then

it hit 4 times

brownie lands on the ground...

me: that was fury swipes... that's great, brownie...

brownie: sentret ^^

(Wow! Did you plan for that to happen?)

Noctowl looked like it couldn't take much more. After taking a powerful Fury Swipes, it wasn't expecting that, and Falkner thought for a moment. Finally, he says, "Alright, Noctowl. Use Feather Dance, and get an Air Slash in there if you can!"

"Noctowl," The Owl Pokemon let loose feathers that surrounded Brownie. After that, Noctowl started firing sharp air blades which careened towards the Sentret.

Last edited:
(Wow! Did you plan for that to happen?)

Noctowl looked like it couldn't take much more. After taking a powerful Fury Swipes, it wasn't expecting that, and Falkner thought for a moment. Finally, he says, "Alright, Noctowl. Use Feather Dance, and get an Air Slash in there if you can!"

"Noctowl," The Owl Pokemon let loose feathers that surrounded Brownie. After that, the feathers turned into sharp air blades which careened towards the Sentret.

(maybe... i like to think she was lv 12 when we arrived at the gym... since we've been training a little bit before then... she was lv 3 before then)

me: dodge it with quick attack again.... then use rock smash!

brownie: sentret! tret! tret! tret!

she bounced on her tail & used the rock smash attack

' sentret! '

“Not this time!” Falkner declares. “Finish this up, Noctowl! Tackle attack!”

Slam! Noctowl dodged with a quick aerial maneuver and struck Brownie on her back. A critical hit!

(I’m kinda suggesting that Brownie is knocked out?)

Last edited:
“Not this time!” Falkner declares. “Finish this up, Noctowl! Tackle attack!”

Slam! Noctowl dodged with a quick aerial maneuver and struck Brownie on her back. A critical hit!

me: hang in there, brownie...

brownie: sen-tret... sentret~

me: brownie...

ref: sentret is unable to battle... noctowl wins...

me: oh well... brownie, return...

nice work, brownie...

let's go, breeze

breeze: pidgey!

“Looks like the Pidgey is back!” says Falkner. “Alright, then! Noctowl, Air Slash!”

Noct, Noct, Noct...owl!” Noctowl flaps its wings, sending a wave of projectiles at Breeze the Pidgey.

“Looks like the Pidgey is back!” says Falkner. “Alright, then! Noctowl, Air Slash!”

Noct, Noct, Noct...owl!” Noctowl flaps its wings, sending a wave of projectiles at Breeze the Pidgey.

me: all right, breeze... dodge it & let's use aerial ace!

breeze: pidgey! piiii! pidgey!!

' she flies at noctowl and flips in the air, then she became engulfed in streaks of white light and flies into noctowl, disappearing before hitting him '

“Aerial Ace, huh?” says Falkner. “So that’s Breeze’s last move! Noctowl, nail it with Tackle, and then Feather Dance!”

But Noctowl seemed weak, but it still flew at Breeze determinedly.

“Aerial Ace, huh?” says Falkner. “So that’s Breeze’s last move! Noctowl, nail it with Tackle, and then Feather Dance!”

But Noctowl seemed weak, but it still flew at Breeze determinedly.

me: use gust!

breeze: pid, pid, pid, pidgey!!

The Gust of wind pushed Noctowl back and hit it against the wall. When the smoke cleared...

(Mind if I be the referee this time? Heh heh...)

"Noctowl is unable to battle!" the ref announced as the smoke cleared, revealing the fainted Owl Pokemon. "Pidgey wins!"

Falkner recalled Noctowl to its Poke Ball. "You did well, Noctowl. Have a good rest."
He sent out his next Pokemon. "Dodrio, you're up!"

"Do, Do, Dodrio!" Dodrio's three heads let out a battle cry.

The Gust of wind pushed Noctowl back and hit it against the wall. When the smoke cleared...

(Mind if I be the referee this time? Heh heh...)

"Noctowl is unable to battle!" the ref announced as the smoke cleared, revealing the fainted Owl Pokemon. "Pidgey wins!"

Falkner recalled Noctowl to its Poke Ball. "You did well, Noctowl. Have a good rest."
He sent out his next Pokemon. "Dodrio, you're up!"

"Do, Do, Dodrio!" Dodrio's three heads let out a battle cry.

me: nice work, breeze... return!

breeze: pidgey ^^ returning to her ball

let's go, ellie

ellie: pikachu!

"Battle begin!" announced the referee.

"Dodrio, use Agility!" commands Falkner.

"Do, Do, Do, Do!" called Dodrio. It ran super fast, leaving an afterimage behind it.

"Battle begin!" announced the referee.

"Dodrio, use Agility!" commands Falkner.

"Do, Do, Do, Do!" called Dodrio. It ran super fast, leaving an afterimage behind it.

me: ellie, quick attack!

ellie: pika! pi, pi, pi, pi!

"Dodrio, now! Use Mud-Slap!" Falkner calls, pointing forward.

"Dodrio!" The Triple Bird Pokemon fired small globs of mud from each of its three heads at the Pikachu. (If it hits, then Splat!)

Last edited:
me: dodge it, ellie & continue with quick attack!

ellie: pi, pi, pi, pi, pi.... pika!!

the quick attack hit (?)

Last edited:
Actually, Dodrio was able to dodge the Quick Attack thanks to its high Speed with Agility. "Jump now and strike with Tri-Attack!" ordered Falkner.

"Dodrio!" Dodrio jumped up with its leg strength and fired a triangle-shaped beam from its three heads down at Ellie. The rotating triangle was heading straight for Ellie the Pikachu.

Back
Top Bottom