• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

anime-style battling (2)

Actually, Dodrio was able to dodge the Quick Attack thanks to its high Speed with Agility. "Jump now and strike with Tri-Attack!" ordered Falkner.

"Dodrio!" Dodrio jumped up with its leg strength and fired a triangle-shaped beam from its three heads down at Ellie. The rotating triangle was heading straight for Ellie the Pikachu.

me: dodge it, ellie

ellie: pika!

me: let's use tail whip!

ellie: pi, pi, pi, pi, pi, pi

she wagged her tail which lowered dodrio's defense

While Ellie wagged her tail, Falkner had Dodrio spring into action and run at her. "Dodrio, use Agility at Ellie!"
When Dodrio did so, Falkner added, "Now! While you're running, use Drill Peck!"

Dodrio's beaks glowed a bright blue as it kept running, and it pointed them at the Pikachu.
"Dodrio's running so fast there's no way you'll be able to dodge," Falkner said confidently.

While Ellie wagged her tail, Falkner had Dodrio spring into action and run at her. "Dodrio, use Agility at Ellie!"
When Dodrio did so, Falkner added, "Now! While you're running, use Drill Peck!"

Dodrio's beaks glowed a bright blue as it kept running, and it pointed them at the Pikachu.
"Dodrio's running so fast there's no way you'll be able to dodge," Falkner said confidently.

me: ellie, watch out!

the drill peck hit

ellie: pika~

me: hang in there, ellie... use thunder wave!

pika-chu!

the waves of electricity shot at dodrio

Falkner had an idea and acted quick. "Dodrio, use Mud-Slap on yourself!" he commands.

Dodrio pecked the ground with its beaks. A wave of mud shot out where Dodrio pecked and splattered all over it. Fortunately, since Dodrio was part Flying-type, the Ground-type move didn't affect it, but instead provided a barrier against the Thunder Wave.

Falkner had an idea and acted quick. "Dodrio, use Mud-Slap on yourself!" he commands.

Dodrio pecked the ground with its beaks. A wave of mud shot out where Dodrio pecked and splattered all over it. Fortunately, since Dodrio was part Flying-type, the Ground-type move didn't affect it, but instead provided a barrier against the Thunder Wave.

me: ' use quick attack, ellie & then use thunder shock! '

ellie: ' pika! pi, pi, pi, pi, pi, pi, pi

pikaaa-chuuuu!!! '

"Now, Dodrio, Drill Peck!" calls Falkner.

Dodrio leaped into the air and spun around rapidly, spinning the leftover mud towards Ellie. Its three beaks glowed light blue as it zoomed toward the Mouse Pokemon.

"Follow up with Tri-Attack!" Falkner added.

Dodrio's beaks formed a triangle in between them. It shot the ray at Ellie's Thunder Shock.
Bam! The two attacks collided, but who would be left standing...?

"Now, Dodrio, Drill Peck!" calls Falkner.

Dodrio leaped into the air and spun around rapidly, spinning the leftover mud towards Ellie. Its three beaks glowed light blue as it zoomed toward the Mouse Pokemon.

"Follow up with Tri-Attack!" Falkner added.

Dodrio's beaks formed a triangle in between them. It shot the ray at Ellie's Thunder Shock.
Bam! The two attacks collided, but who would be left standing...?

me: are you ok, ellie?

ellie: pika-chu!

"You all right, Dodrio?" Falkner asked.

"Do...drio!" Dodrio had emerged from the collision relatively unhurt. It shook off any dirt that was left.

(We'd better wrap this up soon.)

"You all right, Dodrio?" Falkner asked.

"Do...drio!" Dodrio had emerged from the collision relatively unhurt. It shook off any dirt that was left.

(We'd better wrap this up soon.)

me: ellie, use thundershock!

ellie: pikaa-chuu!!

"Dodrio, counter with Mud-Slap!" Falkner orders.

"Do...drio!" Globs of mud shot from Dodrio's beaks at the Thunder Shock.

me: hang in there, ellie

use thundershock again

ellie: chuuuu!!!

the thundershock hit

"Dodrio's not going down that easily," says Falkner. "Just because Electric-types have the advantage aginst Flying-types doesn't mean you're gonna win. Now, use Mud-Slap again!" he adds.

"Do, Do, Dodrio!" This time, Dodrio pecked the ground with its three beaks, sending a towering wave of mud shooting out of it and heading towards Ellie.

Falkner smiles. "And use Tri-Attack if it tries to escape!"

"Dodrio's not going down that easily," says Falkner. "Now, use Mud-Slap again!"

"Do, Do, Dodrio!" This time, Dodrio pecked the ground with its three beaks, sending a towering wave of mud shooting out of it and heading towards Ellie.

Falkner smiles. "And use Tri-Attack if it tries to escape!"

just when the mud slap was coming at her...

ellie stepped back

me: hang in there, ellie.... jump!

ellie: pika!!

ellie jumped into the air & jumped off of dodrio's middle head & landed on the ground behind him ' i'm pretty sure ash's pikachu did that in his gym battle '

me: alright, ellie, use thunder wave

ellie: pika~ pikaa-chuu!!

the thunder wave hit him

Last edited:
Remember that Dodrio was charging up a Tri-Attack while Ellie was distracted by the Mud-Slap. When the Pikachu jumped up, Dodrio hit her with Tri-Attack before she could get close and jump on Dodrio's middle head. However, Dodrio also wasn't expecting a Thunder Wave.

But Dodrio, even after the paralyzing effect, was still pretty fast thanks to the Agilities it used earlier. "Dodrio, use Agility again, followed by Drill Peck!" commanded the Flying-type Gym leader.

So Dodrio sped up with Agility before its beaks glowed light blue. It put its beaks in a tight triangle formation and charged at Ellie. The whole effect made it seem like a Quick Attack, but even so, Dodrio was noticeably slower than before.

Remember that Dodrio was charging up a Tri-Attack while Ellie was distracted by the Mud-Slap. When the Pikachu jumped up, Dodrio hit her with Tri-Attack before she could get close and jump on Dodrio's middle head. However, Dodrio also wasn't expecting a Thunder Wave.

But Dodrio, even after the paralyzing effect, was still pretty fast thanks to the Agilities it used earlier. "Dodrio, use Agility again, followed by Drill Peck!" commanded the Flying-type Gym leader.

So Dodrio sped up with Agility before its beaks glowed light blue. It put its beaks in a tight triangle formation and charged at Ellie. The whole effect made it seem like a Quick Attack, but even so, Dodrio was noticeably slower than before.

me: i think the thunder wave effect is working...

ok, ellie, use quick attack again

ellie: pika! pi, pi, pi, pi, pi! pika!!

(Let's end this, now, okay?)

The two Pokemon raced toward each other at fast speeds. Faster and faster both of them ran, until...Boom!

Ellie and Dodrio collided in a spectacular explosion.

When the smoke cleared, both Pokemon were lying on the ground, unable to battle.

(Even though Ash's Pikachu was able to defeat Dodrio, note that he should be more experienced than Ellie. After all, Ash's Pikachu journeyed through Kanto, too. And both Pokemon have taken significant damage by now, so this collision of attacks should knock both of them out. [That's just my logic.])

(Let's end this, now, okay?)

The two Pokemon raced toward each other at fast speeds. Faster and faster both of them ran, until...Boom!

Ellie and Dodrio collided in a spectacular explosion.

When the smoke cleared, both Pokemon were lying on the ground, unable to battle.

(Even though Ash's Pikachu was able to defeat Dodrio, note that he should be more experienced than Ellie. After all, Ash's Pikachu journeyed through Kanto, too. And both Pokemon have taken significant damage by now, so this collision of attacks should knock both of them out. [That's just my logic.])

(yeah, that's true... he does have more experience)

ref: both pikachu & dodrio are unable to- um?

ellie: pika~ pika~

ref: it seems charlotte's pikachu can keep going...

me: don't push yourself too far, ellie...

ellie: pi-ka-chu! pikachu!

me: you want to keep going?

ellie: pika!

me: all right... at least take a rest for now, though

she comes back to me

me: nice work, ellie

ellie: ^^

me: 'go, breeze! ' throwing her pokeball

breeze: pidgey!

Last edited:
(Whoops, could you please delete that? I forgot that Dodrio was knocked out...It slipped my mind, sorry.)

( done it :3 )

just before ellie came back to me

ref: dodrio is unable to battle... pikachu wins...

me: let's go, breeze..

breeze: pidgey!

Falkner took out his last Poke Ball and tossed it in the air. "It's all on you, Pidgeot!"

"Pidgeot!" Falkner's last Pokemon, his trusty Bird Pokemon, came out with a loud cry. It flapped its wings, kicking up a small whirlwind around it. (That was not a move, just a flashy battle entrance :) )

Falkner chuckled. "Pidgeot is the final evolved form of Pidgey. You're in for a tough battle, if I do say so myself!"

Falkner took out his last Poke Ball and tossed it in the air. "It's all on you, Pidgeot!"

"Pidgeot!" Falkner's last Pokemon, his trusty Bird Pokemon, came out with a loud cry. It flapped its wings, kicking up a small whirlwind around it. (That was not a move, just a flashy battle entrance :) )

Falkner chuckled. "Pidgeot is the final evolved form of Pidgey. You're in for a tough battle, if I do say so myself!"

me: ok, breeze, use tackle attack!

breeze: pidgey! pidgeyyy!!

Back
Top Bottom