• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

anime-style battling

KABOOM!!!

Wait, I have to write more than that? Fine...

Long-winded description short, in one badass display of electricity, Dana’s Granbull was knocked out of the competition, much to a certain brunette’s dismay. “Dammit!” Dana muttered through gritted teeth, definitely more than subtly pissed.

ref: granbull is unable to battle... pikachu's the winner... the victor is charlotte of new bark town

me: way to go!

ellie: pikachu! ^^

me: 'good job, pal' holding my arms out for a cuddle

ellie jumps into my arms

ellie: chaa ^^

“Granbull, return.” A hunched over and defeated-looking Dana muttered as her fainted partner returned to its ball in a flash of red light. She then considered the situation: where’d she go wrong?

“Granbull, return.” A hunched over and defeated-looking Dana muttered as her fainted partner returned to its ball in a flash of red light. She then considered the situation: where’d she go wrong?

i come over

me: is your granbull ok?
ellie: pi-ka-chu?

Dana stood straighter, trying to at least look on top of things. “Yeah...she’ll be fine.” She then bit the inside of her cheek and held out a hand. “Good match.”

Dana stood straighter, trying to at least look on top of things. “Yeah...she’ll be fine.” She then bit the inside of her cheek and held out a hand. “Good match.”

me: thanks... your granbull's strong

“Thanks.” Dana said, and added, “We’ve come a long way for this...” The brunette tried hard to not express her disappointment. Not here, in front of everyone.

“Thanks.” Dana said, and added, “We’ve come a long way for this...” The brunette tried hard to not express her disappointment. Not here, in front of everyone.

me: maybe we'll battle again someday

ellie: pikachu :3

“Then I’ll be seeing you again someday,” Dana said, a small smile appearing on her face. Even though this girl had beaten her, in one of the most important battles in her life nonetheless, Dana had to admit that she liked Charlotte’s optimism. “I’ll be ready when that day comes.”

“Then I’ll be seeing you again someday,” Dana said, a small smile appearing on her face. Even though this girl had beaten her, in one of the most important battles in her life nonetheless, Dana had to admit that she liked Charlotte’s optimism. “I’ll be ready when that day comes.”

i nod, smiling

*thats the end of pokemon johto league screenings - round 1 :3*

(That was fun, didn’t realise how much I loved being a witty narrator.)

next is the the 2nd of the first round of the johto league... it's charlotte vs a new friend that i met at the johto league, hayato *similar to ash & richie* *the second & 3rd battle of the screenings i won... & the other 2 battles were a win & a tie*

hayato_vs_charlotte___6_on_6_johto_league_finals_by_akarifan25_dcnrw9r-fullview.jpg

hayato:

larvitar (M) moves: Bite, Leer, Sandstorm, Rock Slide, Screech, Earthquake, Headbutt, Ancient Power, Focus Energy, Mud-Slap, Dig, Double Team, agility, tackle, quick attack

venomoth (M) Moves: Tackle, Confusion, Poison Powder, Leech Life, Gust, Stun Spore, Psybeam, Sleep Powder, Double Team, Solar Beam

shiny pikachu (M) moves: Thunder Shock, Thunder Wave, Quick Attack, Agility, Mega Punch, Double Team, Skull Bash, Rest, Protect, Double Slap, Swift, Mud-Slap

Charcoal the growlithe (M) Moves: Bite, Ember, Take Down, Flame Wheel, Agility, Body Slam, Dig, Swift, Headbutt

moss the chikorita (M) moves: Tackle, Razor Leaf, Vine Whip, Reflect, Poison Powder, Synthesis, Body Slam, Solar Beam, Sunny Day, Giga Drain, Double Team, agility

sentret (M) moves: Tackle, Defense Curl, Quick Attack, Fury Swipes, Slam, Dynamic Punch, Iron Tail, Dig, Swift, Fury Cutter

charlotte:

ellie the pikachu (F) Moves: quick attack, swift, thunder shock, Double Team, Agility, Iron Tail, Mud-Slap, Slam, Thunderbolt, Dig, Body Slam, Volt Tackle, Growl, Signal Beam, Dynamic Punch, Electro Ball, Echoed Voice, Grass Knot, Double Slap, Tail Whip, Thunder, electro web, tackle

brownie the furret (F) moves: scratch, sucker punch, quick attack, slam, fury swipes, defense curl, rest, Double Team, Dig, Iron Tail, Protect, Tackle, Swift, agility

flora the chikorita (F) moves: tackle, cut, razor leaf, poison powder, vine whip, body slam, magical leaf, reflect, synthesis, light screen, growl, Solar Beam , sweet scent, agility, double team, quick attack

sapphire the dragonair (F) moves: slam, dragon rage, , aqua tail, safeguard, agility, wrap, leer, twister, hyper beam, dragon rush, dragon dance, quick attack, double team, Water Gun, Iron Tail, ice beam

wildfire the arcanine (F) moves: strength, rock climb, flamethrower, headbutt, leer, ember, extreme speed, flame wheel, Agility, Double Team, Dig, Bite, quick attack

breeze the pidgeotto (F) moves: wing attack, gust, quick attack, Sand Attack, Whirlwind, Agility, Double Team, Swift, Reflect, Protect, Steel Wing, Mud-Slap, Air Cutter, Aerial Ace, Tackle, Roost, Air Slash

anyone who wants to roleplay as hayato, i'd be glad to battle :3

Last edited:
I’ll honestly just be here again, though I’ll try to take Hayato’s personality in a different direction from Dana’s. You can start first.

I’ll honestly just be here again, though I’ll try to take Hayato’s personality in a different direction from Dana’s. You can start first.

sure :3

*hayato has no female cheering section like gary does in the johto league*
ellie, cheering, waving a white cheering flag: pika, pika! pikachu! pika, pika! pikachu! pika!
*harumi's azumarill, teddiursa & cleffa cheer as well*

commenter: the second match in this first round will be a battle between charlotte from new bark town & hayato from Azalea Town
the battle is about to begin!

let's see what battle field they'll be fighting on
& it's a rock battle field
me: whoa...

commenter: it's time to decide who takes the first move

and the first move goes to hayato...

what pokemon will he use first?

Last edited:
“Alright Sentret, you’re up!” Hayato exclaimed, and out from its ball came a little round Normal-type with bunny-esque ears.

“Alright Sentret, you’re up!” Hayato exclaimed, and out from its ball came a little round Normal-type with bunny-esque ears.

me: sentret...

*takes out pokedex* Sentret, the Scout Pokémon. Sentret is able to see great distances by rising up on its tail. When it spots an enemy or any kind of danger, it emits a loud, shrill cry as a warning

me: ok, then....
flora, i choose you

flora: chiko!

commenter: hayato has chosen to start out with his sentret and charlotte with chikorita

ref: let the match begin!

“Quick Attack into Fury Cutter!” Hayato shouted. In the blink of an eye, the Sentret dashed forward, and the tips of its paws glowed bright green as it swung multiple times at the Chikorita.

“Quick Attack into Fury Cutter!” Hayato shouted. In the blink of an eye, the Sentret dashed forward, and the tips of its paws glowed bright green as it swung multiple times at the Chikorita.

me: flora, use double team!

flora: chi-ko! chi-ko!

“Switch to Swift and knock them down!” Hayato called out when the Sentret hit one copy. The Normal-type jumped into the air, and fired a rather large wave of stars at the Chikorita copies.

“Switch to Swift and knock them down!” Hayato called out when the Sentret hit one copy. The Normal-type jumped into the air, and fired a rather large wave of stars at the Chikorita copies.

me: flora, use agility & then sweet scent

flora: chiko!

then she uses sweet scent

flora: chiii!~

Hayato had a split second to come up with his next command. Crazily enough, he did come up with something right before the smell hit his Sentret’s nose: “Dig, now!” Immediately, the round bunny disappeared into the ground.

Back
Top Bottom