• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

anime-style battling

Rockium

I may be editing a bit too much
Reaction score
(Actually, there’s nothing to dodge in the first place, Lillian’s just making a strange statue.)

The statue ran in front of the Astralotl and a barrier rose up from the ground, shielding them both from the ice attack. Suddenly, the Aibyou replica burst through the frozen wall, teeth bared as it attempted to bite down on the water cat.

cascata25

Reaction score
(Actually, there’s nothing to dodge in the first place, Lillian’s just making a strange statue.)

The statue ran in front of the Astralotl and a barrier rose up from the ground, shielding them both from the ice attack. Suddenly, the Aibyou replica burst through the frozen wall, teeth bared as it attempted to bite down on the water cat.
me: use dig! don't let 'her' bite you!

ai: ai--byou!!

she went underground

me: don't let 'her' use psychic on you, either, kay? *if she's planning on using that move anytime*

a few moments later, she came up behind 'her'

me: okay, ai! double edge!

she rammed into 'her' hard

Rockium

Reaction score
“Psyshock!” The Astralotl faced her opponent and blasted the water cat with a powerful glittering beam when it got too close, sending the Aibyou tumbling to the other side of the arena. The stone Aibyou then struck the water cat a second later with its hard tail, proceeding to slash at the water cat with reckless abandon.

cascata25

Reaction score
“Psyshock!” The Astralotl faced her opponent and blasted the water cat with a powerful glittering beam when it got too close, sending the Aibyou tumbling to the other side of the arena. The stone Aibyou then struck the water cat a second later with its hard tail, proceeding to slash at the water cat with reckless abandon.
me: hang in there, ai!
use thunder wave!

ai: byouu!!!!

the thunder wave hit 'her', paralyzing 'her' (?)

Last edited:

Rockium

Reaction score
The Astralotl easily redirected the Thunder Wave back to the water cat using Psychic. “Now, strike hard!” The statue then leapt into the air and spun around quickly, before aiming and ramming into the Aibyou like a cannonball.

cascata25

Reaction score
The Astralotl easily redirected the Thunder Wave back to the water cat using Psychic. “Now, strike hard!” The statue then leapt into the air and spun around quickly, before aiming and ramming into the Aibyou like a cannonball.
me: hang in there, ai!

use aqua jet!

ai: aibyou!

ai-byouu!!!

just then....

me: whoa... what's that?!

blake: it seems aibyou's learnt surf, charlotte

me: wow!

okay, ai! go!

she procedded to use the move

the big surf wave crashed into the caught off guard mega Astralotl...

Rockium

Reaction score
The dragon slinked her long body through the wave, oddly unhurt by the torrent of water. A split second later, Lillian got up close to the water cat and hit it with multiple swipes of Dragon Claw, stunning the Aibyou long enough to send it flying with a close-range Thunderbolt afterwards.

cascata25

Reaction score
The dragon slinked her long body through the wave, oddly unhurt by the torrent of water. A split second later, Lillian got up close to the water cat and hit it with multiple swipes of Dragon Claw, stunning the Aibyou long enough to send it flying with a close-range Thunderbolt afterwards.

me: are you alright, ai?

ai: byou!

before the 'stunning the Aibyou long enough to send it flying with a close-range Thunderbolt afterwards.' part

me: ai, dodge it!

ai: byou!

me: okay, ai... use surf & don't let it miss!

ai: aiiii!

the big surf wave came towards the Astralotl

it crashed on top of 'her'

Rockium

Reaction score
A hole appeared in the middle of the wave, allowing the dragon to slide right through unharmed. “Psyshock!” Suddenly, multiple pink glittering beams appeared and homed in on the water cat.

cascata25

Reaction score
A hole appeared in the middle of the wave, allowing the dragon to slide right through unharmed. “Psyshock!” Suddenly, multiple pink glittering beams appeared and homed in on the water cat.
me: ai! look out! use ice beam!

ai: byou!!!

the beam of ice shot at the psyshock, pushing it back...

Rockium

Reaction score
The other glittering beams managed to land a hit on the water cat, blasting the Pokémon backwards. “Now, finish this with Solar Beam!” The dragon wasted no time charging and firing the strong beam of sunlight straight at the Aibyou.

cascata25

Reaction score
The other glittering beams managed to land a hit on the water cat, blasting the Pokémon backwards. “Now, finish this with Solar Beam!” The dragon wasted no time charging and firing the strong beam of sunlight straight at the Aibyou.

me: look out, ai!

ellie: pi!

aroha: aro!

it hits ai...

ai: ai~ ai~ byou~

she reverts back to normal aibyou

ai: ai~ ai~ byou~

me: ai, try to get up

ai: byou~ looking at mega Astralotl

she then fell again

me: ai!

ai: byou~

ref: aibyou is unable to battle... Astralotl wins
& the winner is Robyn

me: sighs

i come to her... with ellie & aroha following

i pick her up

me: good work, ai... petting her

ellie: pikachu...

aroha: aroha...

ai: aibyou~

ellie & aroha: stroke her back

me: it's alright, ai.... now return & get some rest

i return her to her ball

me: thinking ' that astralotl is so strong '

Last edited:

Rockium

Reaction score
With a twirl and a flash of light, Lillian reverted to her base form and settled down on Robyn’s shoulders. “Nice one,” the girl commended, giving the Astralotl a scratch behind her frills.

cascata25

Reaction score
With a twirl and a flash of light, Lillian reverted to her base form and settled down on Robyn’s shoulders. “Nice one,” the girl commended, giving the Astralotl a scratch behind her frills.
me: okay, aro, you return too.... petting her

aro: roha

she returns to her ball

i come up to Robyn

me: your Astralotl is really strong

Last edited:

Rockium

Reaction score
“Thanks - I didn’t know your Aibyou could Mega Evolve like that,” Robyn replied, noticing the slight blush on her partner’s face from the corner of her eye.

cascata25

Reaction score
“Thanks - I didn’t know your Aibyou could Mega Evolve like that,” Robyn replied, noticing the slight blush on her partner’s face from the corner of her eye.
me: yeah :3

she's kinda persistent & a little bit stubborn at times, but also Strong willed & has a Sturdy body.... that's why...