• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

anime-style battling

(Cool. Drunk me went ahead and asked a fanfic author whether I could help her proofread stuff a few hours ago, though drunk may be the wrong word here. I don't drink.)

The boy then considered switching Pokemon at that point.

"Hold on Venomoth, maybe not yet," Hayato said, quickly returning the poison moth in exchange for..."Larvitar, let's go!"

"Hold on Venomoth, maybe not yet," Hayato said, quickly returning the poison moth in exchange for..."Larvitar, let's go!"

me: a rock type...

commenter: charlotte has chosen pidgeotto & hayato has subbed with his larvitar

"We ain't losing this time! Right, Larvitar?" Hayato said confidently, and the Rock-type seemed to mirror his expression.

"We ain't losing this time! Right, Larvitar?" Hayato said confidently, and the Rock-type seemed to mirror his expression.

me: don't worry, breeze

breeze: pidgeotto

me: breeze, use tackle

breeze: pidgeotto!

she speeds towards larvitar

Last edited:
“Sandstorm!” Hayato shouted, and the Larvitar raised its arms and summoned a sandstorm throughout the battleground, slightly obscuring the Pidgeotto’s vision (ever heard of sand in your eyes?).

“Sandstorm!” Hayato shouted, and the Larvitar raised its arms and summoned a sandstorm throughout the battleground, slightly obscuring the Pidgeotto’s vision (ever heard of sand in your eyes?).

breeze: pidgeott~ being blown back a bit... she has her eyes shut a bit

me: breeze, you ok? *sounding a bit worried*

breeze: pidgeott~

me: hang in there, buddy... can you try to use a whirlwind?

she goes ahead and tries a whirlwind

The Whirlwind managed to whip up more dirt from the ground, making the situation worse. Obviously, the Larvitar wasn’t affected. “Rock Slide!” Hayato commanded, and the Rock/Ground type fired a stream of medium-sized boulders at the Pidgeotto.

The Whirlwind managed to whip up more dirt from the ground, making the situation worse. Obviously, the Larvitar wasn’t affected. “Rock Slide!” Hayato commanded, and the Rock/Ground type fired a stream of medium-sized boulders at the Pidgeotto.

me: breeze, look out!
try a double team!

breeze: pidgeotto! pidgeotto!

The boulders were enough to nail all the copies, including the original Pidgeotto. “Rock Slide again! Don’t let up for a second!”

The boulders were enough to nail all the copies, including the original Pidgeotto. “Rock Slide again! Don’t let up for a second!”

me: breeze, watch out! return! *quickly returns her to her ball*

commenter: charlotte's pidgeotto is done for the day

me: hmmm.... sapphire, go!

sapphire: dra!

a blue dragon comes out of her ball

commenter: charlotte has subsituted for her dragonair

Last edited:
“Alright, Double Team!” Hayato shouted, and multiple copies of the Larvitar popped up on the grounds.

“Alright, Double Team!” Hayato shouted, and multiple copies of the Larvitar popped up on the grounds.

sapphire: dra?

me: alright, sapphire... stay calm... try to sense the real larviter & then use water gun where he is

sapphire: dragonair!
she closes her eyes & tries to sense which one is the real one

soon she finds the real larviter... she uses water gun..... the water gun hits him

Even with a super-effective Water-type move hitting it, the Larvitar wasn’t done yet. After a short exchange of “you alright?”, Hayato gave his next order. “Earthquake!” And then the ground shook. Hard.

Even with a super-effective Water-type move hitting it, the Larvitar wasn’t done yet. After a short exchange of “you alright?”, Hayato gave his next order. “Earthquake!” And then the ground shook. Hard.

commenter: whoa... the ground is shaking...
it looks like dragonair's having a bit of trouble

me: easy, sapphire... fly up

sapphire took flight

“Now, Rock Slide!” Aaaand then the assault of boulders came again.

“Now, Rock Slide!” Aaaand then the assault of boulders came again.

me: sapphire, use ice beam on the boulders

sapphire: dra!

the ice beam froze the boulders

I’m personally not sure how freezing said boulders helps, ‘cause now the Dragonair has flippin’ ice rocks coming at it. “Keep going with Rock Slide!”

Back
Top Bottom