• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

anime-style battling

(Just once, I’d like to finish this.)

“Finish this with Flame Wheel and Take Down!” Hayato shouted. Charcoal crashed down onto Brownie, before cloaking itself in flames and rolling on the Furret as hard as it could.

before he said that, just then, brownie woke up & noticed charcoal coming at her

charcoal rammed into brownie

me: brownie!

she crashes against a rock

brownie: fuurret~

ellie: pipi!

ref: furret is unable to battle.... growlithe wins

commenter: furret was defeated by growlithe's flame wheel

me: charcoal's strong...
me: return, brownie, have a nice rest

returning her to her ball

me: alright, ellie, you're up

ellie: pika!

she comes on to the field from where she was sitting with aito & harumi

commenter: charlotte choses pikachu

Last edited:
“Nice to see you, Ellie!” Hayato said. “Let’s do this!” Charcoal barked eagerly in response.

“Nice to see you, Ellie!” Hayato said. “Let’s do this!” Charcoal barked eagerly in response.

me: ellie, quick attack

ellie charges at charcoal at full speed

“Agility!” Just as Ellie was about to hit the Growlithe, it disappeared from its original spot and reappeared a few meters behind Ellie. “Now, Flame Wheel!” Then it came barreling down upon the Pikachu while cloaked in flames.

“Agility!” Just as Ellie was about to hit the Growlithe, it disappeared from its original spot and reappeared a few meters behind Ellie. “Now, Flame Wheel!” Then it came barreling down upon the Pikachu while cloaked in flames.

at the 'it disappeared from its original spot' part

ellie: pi?

at the 'and reappeared a few meters behind Ellie' ' part

me: look out, ellie, behind you!

at the ' “Now, Flame Wheel!” Then it came barreling down upon the Pikachu while cloaked in flames' part

ellie: pika! the flame wheel knocked her off her feet & slided on the ground

me: ellie, try to land on your feet

ellie: pii-ka... chu!

me: great, ellie

me: now use dig

she dug underground

“Wait for it...” Hayato ordered, waiting for Ellie to reappear from the ground.

“Wait for it...” Hayato ordered, waiting for Ellie to reappear from the ground.

soon, ellie burst out, in front of charcoal

me: slam attack!

she uses her tail to do the slam attack

“Agility!” Right when the attack was about to hit, Charcoal disappeared from its spot again, causing Ellie’s tail to slam into the ground. “Great, now use Swift!” Then came the sudden stream of stars.

“Agility!” Right when the attack was about to hit, Charcoal disappeared from its spot again, causing Ellie’s tail to slam into the ground. “Great, now use Swift!” Then came the sudden stream of stars.

me: use agility, too, ellie & then use double slap

ellie: pika! pi, pi, pi

she then used double slap on charcoal

it hits 4 times

Because “double” obviously means four times. I’ll keep that in mind when I play doubles on Pokémon Showdown.
Even with getting hit by Quadruple Slap, the Growlithe wasn’t done yet. “Use Bite!” Hayato commanded, and the fire dog pounced onto the Pikachu.

Because “double” obviously means four times. I’ll keep that in mind when I play doubles on Pokémon Showdown.
Even with getting hit by Quadruple Slap, the Growlithe wasn’t done yet. “Use Bite!” Hayato commanded, and the fire dog pounced onto the Pikachu.

me: look out, ellie! use mud slap!

ellie: pii-ka!
she does so & uses mudslap on charcoal

charcoal: grow! grow-lithe~

Last edited:
“Shake it off with Flame Wheel!” Hayato shouted just as the Growlithe started to recoil, and the dog burned the mud off, then rammed into the Pikachu.

“Shake it off with Flame Wheel!” Hayato shouted just as the Growlithe started to recoil, and the dog burned the mud off, then rammed into the Pikachu.

on the 'then rammed into the Pikachu.' part

me: ellie, look out.... dodge it!

ellie does so

me: good, ellie! but he's coming back! use Signal Beam!

ellie: piikachu!
it makes contact

*Signal Beam deals damage and has a 10% chance of confusing the target.*

“You can do this!” Hayato shouted, and after much effort, the Growlithe managed to roll through the beam with Flame Wheel, and reached where Ellie was standing.

“You can do this!” Hayato shouted, and after much effort, the Growlithe managed to roll through the beam with Flame Wheel, and reached where Ellie was standing.

ellie: pi! pika!

me: ellie!

ellie: chaaa!

she lands near me

me: ellie!

ellie: piii-ka~

ref: pikachu is unable to battle... growlithe wins

harumi: oh, poor ellie.... it might have been because she was getting a bit tired

aito nods in agreement

i pick up ellie

me: are you alright, girl?

ellie: pii~ pika...

i go to put her down on the bench

me, stroking her head

me: you did great, ellie... have a nice rest

ellie: piika~

i return to the field to continue

“Alright! Way to go, Charcoal!” Hayato praised, high-fiving the Growlithe. “You can rest for a while. Now let’s go, Moss!” The boy called out, returning the Growlithe to its ball in exchange for the Chikorita.

“Alright! Way to go, Charcoal!” Hayato praised, high-fiving the Growlithe. “You can rest for a while. Now let’s go, Moss!” The boy called out, returning the Growlithe to its ball in exchange for the Chikorita.

me: let's go, breeze!

breeze: pidgeotto!

harumi: good call... flying types are strong against grass types

commenter: hayato has subsituted his growlithe for his chikorita & charlotte has brought out her pidgeotto for a repeat performance

me: alright, breeze, gust, let's go!

breeze: pidgeott! pidgeott!

“Double Team, now!” Suddenly, multiple copies of the Chikorita appeared on the battleground, with the Gust attack hitting some of the fake ones.

“Double Team, now!” Suddenly, multiple copies of the Chikorita appeared on the battleground, with the Gust attack hitting some of the fake ones.

me: alright, breeze, use air cutter

breeze: pidgeotto!

she does so
it manages to hit the real moss

The Chikorita was knocked back, but could still fight. “Sunny Day and Synthesis!” Suddenly, the sun seemed to shine brighter over the battleground, and Moss’s leaf glowed brightly as a green aura surrounded it.

Back
Top Bottom