• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

anime-style battling

“Rain Dance!” The Astralotl started spinning around as storm clouds formed in the sky, unleashing a heavy downpour of rain upon the arena, making the ground more slippery.

(Though this does beg the question...how does Ai not slip? Assuming that she’s doing improvised figure skating it’s unlikely she’ll not slip up at least once with the combined puddles, and if the claws are actually digging into the ice then there should be some minor difficulty moving around properly.)

“Rain Dance!” The Astralotl started spinning around as storm clouds formed in the sky, unleashing a heavy downpour of rain upon the arena, making the ground more slippery.

(Though this does beg the question...how does Ai not slip? Assuming that she’s doing improvised figure skating it’s unlikely she’ll not slip up at least once with the combined puddles, and if the claws are actually digging into the ice then there should be some minor difficulty moving around properly.)

(she'll be okay :3 .... also, rain dance increases water type moves by 50%, remember?)

me: you're okay, ai! let's use hydro pump!

ai: aii-byouu!!!!

the big stream of water shooted towards 'her'

this time, it really hit 'her'

(Yeah I do, but that’s no problem. Dragon still resists Water, so Lillian can take a couple attacks before having to Recover. Besides, rain allows me to pull off some flashy stunts like perfect accuracy Thunder. )

“Thunder!” The Mega Astralotl shot an even larger current of electricity through the Hydro Pump, the powerful electric attack shocking the Aibyou on the other end while the Hydro Pump hit Lillian. Obviously, the Astralotl was soaking wet afterwards, but wasn’t hurt much at all by the water. “Great! Thunder, again!” Robyn shouted. This time, Lillian coiled and spun around in a large loop as a ball of electricity built up in the middle, before being fired like a large electric laser towards the still-down water cat.

(Yeah I do, but that’s no problem. Dragon still resists Water, so Lillian can take a couple attacks before having to Recover. Besides, rain allows me to pull off some flashy stunts like perfect accuracy Thunder. )

“Thunder!” The Mega Astralotl shot an even larger current of electricity through the Hydro Pump, the powerful electric attack shocking the Aibyou on the other end while the Hydro Pump hit Lillian. Obviously, the Astralotl was soaking wet afterwards, but wasn’t hurt much at all by the water. “Great! Thunder, again!” Robyn shouted. This time, Lillian coiled and spun around in a large loop as a ball of electricity built up in the middle, before being fired like a large electric laser towards the still-down water cat.

me: ai! dodge it!!

ai: ai-byou!!

me: use double team & disarming voice!

ai: ai! ai! ai!

ai-byou!!!
dcuk1l7-a69b1ad7-4e5b-4f19-9135-7d0053ddf426.png

the mutiple of disarming voice attacks headed straight for 'her'

they hit 'her' hard

“Protect!” The psychic dragon surrounded itself with a barrier before any off the attacks could land, totally shielding Lillian from harm. “Now, Psychic and Dragon Pulse!” The Astralotl’s eyes glowed bright pink as all the Aibyou were lifted off and forcibly slammed into the ground, revealing the original, before Lillian turned a massive dragon-shaped beam on the water cat.

“Protect!” The psychic dragon surrounded itself with a barrier before any off the attacks could land, totally shielding Lillian from harm. “Now, Psychic and Dragon Pulse!” The Astralotl’s eyes glowed bright pink as all the Aibyou were lifted off and forcibly slammed into the ground, revealing the original, before Lillian turned a massive dragon-shaped beam on the water cat.

me: ai! dodge it!

ai: byou!!

me: ok, ai.. hang in there!

use swift!! make sure that they hit for sure this time!

ai: ai! nodding , with her fur spiked up...

aii!!!!! , kinda like hissing at 'her'

ai: byouuuu!!!!

many stars flew at 'her'

they all hit 'her' this time for sure!

“Light Screen!” A barrier of light appeared around the Astralotl before the stars could land, negating most of the damage from the attack. “Now, Waterfall! Let’s make use of this rain!” A veil of water washed over the psychic dragon as it charged at the water cat, slamming it hard with a rain-boosted attack.

“Light Screen!” A barrier of light appeared around the Astralotl before the stars could land, negating most of the damage from the attack. “Now, Waterfall! Let’s make use of this rain!” A veil of water washed over the psychic dragon as it charged at the water cat, slamming it hard with a rain-boosted attack.

ai: aii~

me: hang in there, ai! use recover!

ai got up & used the move

ai: aii....

aibyou!

me: okay, use iron tail!

she headed for 'her' with her tail glowing
she jumped up

“Spacial Rend!” Robyn shouted. The Astralotl countered the Iron Tail with a pink blade formed by one of its arms, easily deflecting the attack when the pink blade moved outwards, dealing heavy damage.

“Spacial Rend!” Robyn shouted. The Astralotl countered the Iron Tail with a pink blade formed by one of its arms, easily deflecting the attack when the pink blade moved outwards, dealing heavy damage.

before the 'easily deflecting the attack when the pink blade moved outwards, dealing heavy damage.' part

me: now, ai!

ai: ai-byou!!

she dodged & switched moves...

with her determintation, she swiped 'her' hard with her paw

kanata: that was a feint attack :3

Last edited:
The dragon simply staggered back a bit and shook her head like she had just sneezed, recovering alarmingly quickly from the Dark attack. “Thunder!” The Astralotl then shot a powerful bolt of lightning at the water cat, powered up by the storm clouds above, hitting its shocked target dead-on.

The dragon simply staggered back a bit and shook her head like she had just sneezed, recovering alarmingly quickly from the Dark attack. “Thunder!” The Astralotl then shot a powerful bolt of lightning at the water cat, powered up by the storm clouds above, hitting its shocked target dead-on.

me: ai!

ellie: pikachu!!
aro: aroha!!

ai: aiii-byouu~

she fell down a little bit....

me: hang in there, ai!
use recover!

ai: ai.....

aibyou!

me: ok... use sweet kiss!!

ai: ai..... byou!

the pink hearts headed for 'her'
they hit 'her' dead on, confusing 'her'

“Focus yourself!” Robyn said, prompting the Astralotl to clear her current thoughts (How’s this supposed to work, exactly?) with a Calm Mind, expelling her confusion while raising her special defense. “Great - now let’s change up the weather! Sunny Day and Solar Beam!” Lillian shot a beam of light into the sky, dissipating the rain clouds and making the sun shine harshly on the battleground. The dragon then spun in a tight loop, a green beam of energy forming in the center and firing continuously at the Aibyou, weakening it considerably.

“Focus yourself!” Robyn said, prompting the Astralotl to clear her current thoughts (How’s this supposed to work, exactly?) with a Calm Mind, expelling her confusion while raising her special defense. “Great - now let’s change up the weather! Sunny Day and Solar Beam!” Lillian shot a beam of light into the sky, dissipating the rain clouds and making the sun shine harshly on the battleground. The dragon then spun in a tight loop, a green beam of energy forming in the center and firing continuously at the Aibyou, weakening it considerably.

ai: aiii~

ellie: pikachu!

aro: aroha!

me: ai, hang in there! use recover!

ai: ai.....

aibyou!

me: ok, ai... use fleur cannon!

she fired a bright pink beam at 'her'

it hit 'her'

(Now let’s see things escalate outside the realm of possibility.)

“Spacial Rend!” The dragon simply coiled around the beam and batted her target with a glowing pink blade, blasting the cat backwards. ‘She can’t Recover forever...’ “Hey, that kinda gives me an idea.”

(Now let’s see things escalate outside the realm of possibility.)

“Spacial Rend!” The dragon simply coiled around the beam and batted her target with a glowing pink blade, blasting the cat backwards. ‘She can’t Recover forever...’ “Hey, that kinda gives me an idea.”

me: hang in there, ai! use dig!

ai: ai! byou!

she dug underground

“Psyshock into the hole!” Robyn said after having a moment’s thought. Hovering high above the ground, the Astralotl fired a pink glittering beam into the hole where the Aibyou had previously dug into, the beam curving around the tunnel and heading straight for the water cat.

“Psyshock into the hole!” Robyn said after having a moment’s thought. Hovering high above the ground, the Astralotl fired a pink glittering beam into the hole where the Aibyou had previously dug into, the beam curving around the tunnel and heading straight for the water cat.

me: ai, come up!

ai: ai!! byou!!

me: use protect!

ai: byou.....

a blue shield came up in front of her...

me: ok... let's use signal beam!

ai: aiii.... byouuu!!!

ellie: pikachu!!
aro: aroha!!

she fired a streaky pink beam from her mouth at 'her'

me: i know you can't mega evolve... but that's not gonna stop you, right, ai?

ai: byouuu!!!!

the signal beam hit 'her' hard, this time confusing her.... (?)

Last edited:
‘Well, it may be time to turn the difficulty up a notch,’ Lillian remarked, obviously not going to let one Signal Beam hit her. The Astralotl disappeared right before the Signal Beam could land, reappearing behind the water cat and blasting it at full power with a Thunderbolt, all without a spoken command.

‘Well, it may be time to turn the difficulty up a notch,’ Lillian remarked, obviously not going to let one Signal Beam hit her. The Astralotl disappeared right before the Signal Beam could land, reappearing behind the water cat and blasting it at full power with a Thunderbolt, all without a spoken command.

before the ' blasting it at full power with a Thunderbolt, all without a spoken command' part

me: behind you, ai! jump to dodge it! fairy wind!

ai: ai? looking behind her

she dodged it, jumping & turning around

she used the move... hitting 'her' spot on (?)

ai: byouu!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom